What's new

HOW DO YOU HANG YOUR LIGHT?

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
Yup. Get a 3 prong 12/3 then attatch the green to the ground screw on the fixture... black to black, white to white.

Bonzo

Veteran
Thanks Bartender! i got 14/3 cause the wire comin out of the ballasts is like 16, so that should be ok eh?
im gonna get to wirin' em up! :woohoo:

peace

bonz :wave:

bartender187

Bakin in da Sun
Veteran
That should be perfect. Im paranoid when it comes to fire safety.... your house burnin down will do that to you.

be safe,

Bonzo

Veteran
I got everything wired ,looks good but bulbs were flickering and just not working. I looked on the ballast it says T12 bulbs, i got the T8s, so back to HD for the right bulbs and then i fire it up!

thanks again guys for your help, ill let ya know how the new bulbs work.

bonz

trinity

but what if the ceiling I am hanging my light from is at an angle, like how a house has its slanted roofs, my setup is in the upper part of the house so I am not working with a flat ceiling.

any suggestions? does anybody have the same sort of setup?

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
your vaulted ceiling still has a truss and is made up of 2x4 or 2x6 placed on its side so you will still have 1 and 1/2 inches to nail too. Nail a 2x4 flat too it like shown in the first pics posted by Bonzo. Bonzo has it figured out and you will do the least amount of damage to the sheetrock if done like he says. Most trusses are spaced 24" on center.

pugnacious

What is a truss? How do you find these 2x4s and 2x6 thru the wall? I have a friend that wants to grow and has a room with vaulted ceilings.

Latest posts

Latest posts