What's new

Hombre del Monte's garden.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Holaaaaa, cousin !

Is it an effect of the light, or does some snow still (21-June) seem to be visible on one of the peaks of The Sierra on the horizon behind the cat?

And thank you very much for quoting me and warning me, adoptive cousin: I don't think many eyes have been able to see the outdoor and mother soil cultivation of an O. Haze, and above all in a creeping ("rastrero", "a ras de suelo") style...
Buenas Montuno,
You are of course correct, although the photo was taken some time ago.
This year the snow was all gone by early June. It doesn't bode well for our Acequias.

Montuno

...como el Son...
Good afternoon to you all.

Well, it's another hot one here. It's only just1pm but already we've got 36c in the shade. I reckon it'll hit 39 before the day is out! How @Montuno copes with 44c regularly I don't know.
Since Sunday I've been suffering with a rather unpleasant summer influenza; Aching, shivering, sweating, headache, no appetite or energy. Today is the first day that I've started to feel half decent; Still got no energy but I'm out of bed and doing a few things. Thank God that I've got a loving wife and she has been looking after me.

I've not been out doing my daily training and all the plants need a little work, but I'm afraid that will have to wait a few more days yet
First up is the Zacateca Tribute.
View attachment 18733660 View attachment 18733664 View attachment 18733665 View attachment 18733666 View attachment 18733667

Next up is the Golden Tiger. This is going to be a big plant.
View attachment 18733669 View attachment 18733670 View attachment 18733671 View attachment 18733672 View attachment 18733673

As for the heat here in my other Sierra... Now the nighttime minimums are rising, so that we spend a good part of the night at 30°C...
But the really bad thing is that here all the beaches we have are half done...: we have the part of the sand, which has been easy; we only have to solve the other part of that blue that wets...
Screenshot_2022_0715_192757.png

Saludos montunos, de Sierra a Sierra
IMG-20220703-WA0009.jpg

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
But the really bad thing is that here all the beaches we have are half done...: we have the part of the sand, which has been easy; we only have to solve the other part of that blue that wets
Love your sense of humour!

Ordinarily, at this time of year we go to the beach twice a week, but for the last 6 weeks I've had no car! Failed the ITV on emissions. I've been borrowing a friends, but only once a week. Thankfully we have a small dipping pool

Tangwena

Veteran
The plants are all looking spectacular as usual man.
I hope you are feeling better flu always sucks its just a matter of riding it out.
Watch out the Mulanje cross may need some guidance those branches will reach for the sky and become 2 mtr long colas come harvest.
I'm drooling over the pictures of all the plants.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Buenas tardes a todos,

It's been quite a while since I've been on here.

@Montuno , the villages I know well!

Almost a week ago I went into hospital for a planed hydrocelectomy and since then I've been in too much pain/discomfort to even get outside. We're now getting temperature's in the low 40's by mid afternoon and any sensible person just doesn't go outside unless they have too.

I've been reading that smoking strong Sativas can help with high temperatures and feel that there is some truth in it. Some of los cabreros locally always seem to have big biftas on the go :joint:

I recovered from my very unpleasant summer influenza just in time for my arranged day hospital surgery. The special test up my nose said I was good to go, and off I went. Since then I've felt like shit, but am now starting to recover.

So, for quite sometime I've not really been able to do a lot with the plants. A few day's before surgery I took my large trimming scissors to the Zacateca, the Golden Tiger and the M x M/E, as they were starting to get a bit leggy.
S6000465.JPG
I didn't get any pictures, sorry.

Mrs DM has been a star and watered.

A few days ago I chopped a few runaway branches on the GT.

Here are some photo's from today.

Zacateca
S6000453 (2).JPG

Only one photo I'm afraid, but I think you can see that the growth is pretty much even and doesn't need ant work doing at the moment.

Golden Tiger.

S6000455 (2).JPG

S6000456 (2).JPG

The angle of the shots don't show it too well (and I'm not bending down) but she's starting to get a bit leggy.

Next up is the M x M/E, and again, she's also running away a bit.
S6000457 (2).JPG

Tom Hill Haze x Zamal
S6000460.JPG
S6000461.JPG

OHaze
S6000462.JPG
S6000463.JPG
S6000464.JPG

She took a little while to get going but she seems to be growing nicely now. No pruning required for her.

I'm sorry @Calle Minogue, again I forgot to get some shot's of the OH boy. Despite my both being English and a little mad, it's over 40 out there now and I'm not going out; Having aching bollocks doesn't help either. He's not doing much but tomorrow or even this evening when it's cooled down a little I intend to chop him up and root the branches in water and hopefully make several small pots, that I'll then force flower. There will be photos!

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
So, as I'm physically unable to bend down and do my usual training, in a attempt to keep the GT, M x M/E and the THH x Z from getting too straggly, I've given the 3 of them a good topping with the big scissors! It's seems quite radical but the plants have enough time I believe to bounce back before they start to stretch; Hopefully they wont need doing again and I can just install another screen/net above them in another week or so.

GT
S6000432 (3).JPG

M x M/E
S6000433 (3).JPG

THH X Z
S6000434 (3).JPG

Last edited:

FletchF.Fletch

420club
Wishing you a Speedy Recovery!!

The plants look Great even without your dedicated extreme sculpting techniques.

Get some Sprouts going to boost your system during Healing time. Life gives Life. Broccoli and Radish are powerful additions to healthy diet. Fenugreek too if the taste isn't overpowering to you.

Peace and Happiness to you and Mrs. DM

Calle Minogue

Brother of the COB
Wishing you a Speedy Recovery

+1

But sounds like you are ok and everything will come by time, fingers crossed!

Your wife did a great job with watering, everything looks phenomenal :) apropos phenomenal. I was busy last days with 261 Pages of Tangwenas Thread :cool: I will definately going to Cob a lot of my harvest. After Reading the whole Thread i am theoretically expert:ROFLMAO: your cobs are from other planet:tiphat:

I cut yesterday my first 3 Males and put them on a windowsill..

Maybe one day i will see Mr O Haze ;)

Best wishes

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Wishing you a Speedy Recovery!!

The plants look Great even without your dedicated extreme sculpting techniques.

Get some Sprouts going to boost your system during Healing time. Life gives Life. Broccoli and Radish are powerful additions to healthy diet. Fenugreek too if the taste isn't overpowering to you.

Peace and Happiness to you and Mrs. DM
That's a really good idea. We have a couple of sprouting bags and various seeds, including fenugreek. Thanks

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Thank you brother Tangwena, slowly but surely it seems to be improving.

Ok, So this morning before it got too hot, I took at photo of the haze male in it's pot.

S6000435 (2).JPG

He's a little bit hungry.

S6000436 (2).JPG

Apologies that it's slightly out of focus, but I think you can see it's a boy

And here are a few tops that have been put in some filtered water and will be left o a window sill in the spare bedroom.

S6000437 (2).JPG

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Wow thats Early with the cuttings, i am really interested if this will work. Did you do it like this before?

Indeed its a pretty boy. Hungry Males are forced to spread pollen (y)

Hi @Calle Minogue , no I've never done it before! Many years ago when I was indoors and using clones, I'd be using clonex, rockwool cubes, heated propagator and a fluorescent light. I've never made my own seeds, other than accidentally self seeded caused by the odd male flower, so always females but prone to hermie.

I'm thinking that let the cuttings root and then pot them up into several small pots and grow them on a bit.

I'm not overly worried if it doesn't work, as I have lot's of awesome genetics to keep me growing next year anyway.

At some point in the (hopefully) not too distant future, I expect to have a grow room again and will be able to do more controlled breeding. I have back up seeds of everything in the garden.

I've kept the plant in the pot and will continue to grow him also, for the time being at least. I'm still very incapacitated after my op, but hopefully I can make up a little compost tea later and give him a feed in a couple of days time.

Last edited:

Calle Minogue

Brother of the COB
Thats a interesting experiment. Do they root with decreasing sun hour per day?! I am excited to see what will happen.

I let the male flowers nearly riping and few days before the eggs will open i cut the top of and put it in a vase.

I saw never roots and the cutting never survived more than 12 days or maybe few days more.

But otherwise i never cut a clone :) Outdoor only since i am married.

Fingers crossed for your back man! Take care and take a Rest. Dont Start to fast. But i guess you are in Good Communication with your Body. Yoga, Tai CHI and co.

I am doing my stretching routine now.

Latest posts

Latest posts