What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Holiday in Thailand..

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Hey man ,
nice looking site , ill have a good wander through there and see how they are doing ,
organic licenced farm , its good news right away i think ,,
you can bet they try to regulate the recreational trade a bit ,
some are quite unhappy about how that has gone ,
but time will tell ,
maybe just calling stuff medicinal instead will help ,
after all , as someone told me once ,
all cannabis users are medicinal, in one way or another ... hehe ...

bleepboop

they do always give you a lil chufty badge for being a farang saying chillies are fine. always loved the morning glory stir fry greens side dish. and the variety of supermarket mushrooms that are much cheaper than the uk oriental grocers.

will have put some sticky rice on the soak for family tea now! my microwaving hacks for it haven't been as legit but it does well in the steamer wrapped in cheesecloth.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
agreed ,
makes them very happy if u can eat some spicy stuff ,
the are always impressed ...

i like the morning glory too ,
some great dishes come with that as a main part of ,
pretty sure ive eaten it raw with some papaya salads now and then ..

i just use one of those bamboo baskets in a large pot with the lid on the basket for the sticky rice,
seems to have worked ok , but its a bit makeshift i guess ,
cant say i ve had it verified as a good way to go by a thai yet ,, lol ...
i guess its ok to cheat a little or alter methods slightly back at home , haha ..
what ever works i reckon bb ...

bleepboop

I had some right gloopy rice messes at the start when i was trying to figure it out!

Always had a soft spot for som tam, very easy to get it made veggie without the fish sauce. And a people who are always happy to cook for you with tofu instead of meat/fish.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
ohh , no pla rah on the som tum ,
its not the same without fish fermented a few years , hahaha ,
its not for everyone that traditional Isaan/Laos style som tum ,
with the salted crab , or raw prawn/crab ,
but once you get a taste for it , its almost a bit addictive ,
we go from restaurant to restaurant trying all their papaya salad dishes ,
some are so spicy they are barely edible , but we persist , hahahaha ..
377242342_357548996777003_6344808369848133172_n.jpg
386858861_1071816600677994_1970981272890771788_n.jpg
366932776_630134172552864_1385214492938811897_n.jpg

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
ohh , no pla rah on the som tum ,
its not the same without fish fermented a few years , hahaha ,
its not for everyone that traditional Isaan/Laos style som tum ,
with the salted crab , or raw prawn/crab ,
but once you get a taste for it , its almost a bit addictive ,
we go from restaurant to restaurant trying all their papaya salad dishes ,
some are so spicy they are barely edible , but we persist , hahahaha .. View attachment 18921072 View attachment 18921073 View attachment 18921074
G'day Wally,
Howzit?
Saw those raw prawn also in a short vid of a Thai lady I follow on IG.Why not cooked?

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
Saves gas haha
Honestly I'm not sure though there are quite a few meat dishes in Thailand that are uncooked, I've tried a few and they were ok but my stomach and most western stomachs probably wouldn't handle too much raw meat dishes I would think..
Here in the Netherlands we only eat the herring raw, but that's salted, otherwise you could be infected with the herring worm, which isnt very pleasant.
Other fish uncooked is a no-no for me.

Magu🌈

Hey El Duck. What is the latest news update? Whats happening with your land? What do you think Thailand will do about legalization? What happened to Gypsy? Inquiring minds want to know! 🥸

Thighland

Saves gas haha
Honestly I'm not sure though there are quite a few meat dishes in Thailand that are uncooked, I've tried a few and they were ok but my stomach and most western stomachs probably wouldn't handle too much raw meat dishes I would think..
Thais are proud they can eat hot food, but it's not good for you. Lots of them have stomach problems and antacid commercials are common. Then there are the liver flukes from raw fish and other aquatic stuff that has liver cancer of the scale in the northeast and Loas.

Last edited by a moderator:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
yea must admit i do get some heartburn now and then ,
but find it hard to resist that spicy stuff ,
its a little addictive i guess...
probably healthier than some western foods like kfc and mcdonalds id reckon??

are the liver flukes from river fish or sea food ??
ive seen it mentioned before and other than some crab and prawn both from the ocean i gathered,
i dont think ive eaten much raw aquatic stuff , well other than the Japanese stuff i guess ...

acespicoli

All these drugs are easy to acquire worldwide in usp pure form

unless your having symptoms little need for concern

If you like geeking I recommend this ;)
Monsters Inside Me

People become infected by eating raw or undercooked freshwater fish containing the larvae. Lightly salted, smoked, or pickled fish may contain infectious parasites. Drinking river water or other nonpotable water will not lead to infection with Opisthorchis.

The parasite most commonly identified was Strongyloides stercoralis (33.39%), while giardiasis was the most common protozoan infection (14.36%). The highest infection rates of S. stercoralis, hookworms, Opisthorchis viverrini, and Gnathostoma spinigerum were found in northeasterners. People from the North of Thailand were infected mostly with G. lamblia. People of working-age from northeastern as well as northern regions harbored pathogenic parasites with high prevalence rates. To prevent parasitic infections, health education for these high risk groups should be provided.

Interesting is the fact that most of the wormers are the same given for other mammals besides humans

>>>Best :huggg:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts