What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High Times Goes Down

CharlesU Farley

Thanks for lending your personal experience Gypsy!!! And we've heard about you, think about the countless thousands of people that didn't make the news. Just because somebody didn't hear about anybody getting busted, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Some people are just so fucking naive.

For me, especially online, in the '90s it _was_ a Brotherhood. We fought, but we learned. It definitely isn't now... unfortunately. And you're right of course, we shouldn't be fighting amongst ourselves over a history that really doesn't matter now.

High Times is going down. My feelings are quite obvious, I'll STFD and STFU, and everybody can think what they want. Not that anybody would ever take the time to actually research something, but for the love of God and all the holy, at least go to Wikipedia and see their entry on Tom Forcade, and see if you think he would have ratted fucking people out.

All I know is, I can buy all of my _equipment_ on Amazon, and even though I'd never, ever fucking do it, I could order any _seeds_ that I want and not be paranoid about getting busted.

As the cigarette commercial back in the '60s used to say, we've come a long way baby!!!! :cool:

CharlesU Farley

And property forfeitures and auction if you got caught cultivating . Texas was one of the last states to stop that bullshit. 2002 i believe
I lived my life in mortal fucking fear of them taking my house. But even in my backward, mountain ass environment, they ain't going to take my house for me growing 20 or 30 plants, for personal consumption only. When you can prove through financial records that you've never sold or trafficed a fucking thing and have a website with a 6 plus year history on it, emphasizing that fact.

Our judges around here might be assholes, but even up here in the mountains, there would be a outrage and I would mention Ruby Ridge once and all that talk would go away. :cool:

I've always been a Fugitive from Injustice for a very long time, but even I ain't worried anymore... which probably means I'm getting ready to get fucked.o_O

Dime

And lest we forget … there’s still people in side …since that time!
For a plant ….
For people who don't know this Donald Trump had some released when he took office .

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I live in France where it is still totally illegal to smoke or grow cannabis, there was a little hope in my country with the CBD legalization but the government forces the growers to use only 4 strains of industrial hemp to be legal.
Now they're targeting customers or small growers like me because they are too coward to go after the mafias who import tons of haschich.
I'd like to expand my grow op but I don't want to spend time in jail so I limit myself to a small grow who in case of a bust would land a few months of house arrest but it's terribly frustrating.
It's just the same in the UK - they average common people are not allowed to grow any plants - but I always grow 2 or 3 every year on my little balcony - but it's not enough 'erb to last me more than 2-3 months - and technically they could fine me - or get me to do community service - if they coppers found it - SUCKS - but little is better than none at all -

CharlesU Farley

It's just the same in the UK - they average common people are not allowed to grow any plants - but I always grow 2 or 3 every year on my little balcony - but it's not enough 'erb to last me more than 2-3 months - and technically they could fine me - or get me to do community service - if they coppers found it - SUCKS - but little is better than none at all -
If I lived in your apartment in London, this is what your balcony would look like, and I think it's pretty safe to say there'd be a fine involved ;) :

1000011920.jpg

xtsho

You guys have it bad over there. Here in Oregon less than 28 grams of cannabis was decriminalized way back in 1973. Less than an ounce was just a fine but more often than not they just dumped it out. Now the entire west coast, Oregon, Washington, and California is a recreational haven. More than 2500 legal dispensaries. You can walk down the street smoking a joint and the most that's going to happen is being told to put it out.
There are cannabis tours here, cannabis friendly hotels, even cannabis delivery just like Uber Eats. I've never used any of those services as I grow my own which is legal. Come harvest time late summer/early fall a walk around the neighborhood is filled with the smell of cannabis in the air.

We're also swimming in weed here. There's literally tons and tons of oversupply.

"In February, the Oregon Liquor and Cannabis Commission reported marijuana businesses were sitting on about 3 million pounds (1.36 million kilograms) of unused cannabis, as well as 75,000 pounds (34,000 kilograms) of concentrates and extracts."

"When legal sales began in Oregon, a pound of cannabis might have gone for $3,000 wholesale; today, that same pound might be $100 to $150, said Isaac Foster, co-founder of Portland Cannabis Market, a wholesale distributor."

kro-magnon

Veteran
I've grown a lot outdoor when I was in the south and young and stupid. I grow indoor since many moons and grow enough to have some for a few people all year long but I couldn't live on my grow as it is now. Coming from a farmer family I'd really like to make enough money from my crops to make a living.

G.O. Joe

Veteran
at least go to Wikipedia and see their entry on Tom Forcade, and see if you think he would have ratted fucking people out.

And this shows ??? There's quite a list of reasons to talk shit about HT, before and after TKF shot himself - you'd think that no new tales need to be created. There was and still is no law to target the likes of HT with, although it was considered.

I seem to recall that several Green Merchant busts were due to Nevil's US distributor, and UPS, if you want to talk about cooperators. Maybe Nevil is the devil, since it was really Dutch seeds that brought the hammer down on the whole scene?

xtsho

We used to park around the corner from the hydro store back in the day and then carry the stuff to the car. We must have been too stoned to realize that if anyone was watching they'd see right where we went. I never got busted for anything though but they probably weren't too concerned with small timers like myself.

I don't know of anyone that got busted from buying anything online or at a local store. There were many large busts of indoor grow operations years ago but they likely got turned in by the power company since they were usually stealing electricity.

GainesvilleGreen

We used to park around the corner from the hydro store back in the day and then carry the stuff to the car. We must have been too stoned to realize that if anyone was watching they'd see right where we went. I never got busted for anything though but they probably weren't too concerned with small timers like myself.

I don't know of anyone that got busted from buying anything online or at a local store. There were many large busts of indoor grow operations years ago but they likely got turned in by the power company since they were usually stealing electricity.
Tennessee pot cave was supposedly stealing power..

xtsho

Hydrofarm was big back then. That ballast, that weighed 50lbs, got hot as shit.. 😂
Never have it shipped to your house back then, NEVER.. 😂..code

I still have an old 1000 watt magnetic HPS ballast. That thing is a beast. And it probably does weigh 50 lbs. It grew a lot of weed during it's use. I've thought about using it again but the 600 watt does just fine in my 4x4 tent.