What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High price seeds over $20 each good genetics wrapped in golden paper mean

Riviera123

Yup, I still keep bag seed cause u never know. I'm all for supporting a seed breeder who really has put in the work. So the seed Breeders have websites as well selling their line. Do they have to match the price listed in the seed banks they wholesale out to?

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When selling seeds through a seedbank they take 50% of price

If working with a distributor he takes 10-20% , then they sell to seedbank and they take the 50% mentioned above.

Also you can't sell cheaper to public than a seedbank does or they won't want to sell your range

When I worked with a distributor my seeds would sell at seedbank for £60 , I only recieved £20 from that and had to pay £5 tax , so I recieved £15 a pack from the £60

seedbanks help move the seeds with big customer base so that how It works , I just thought I'd break it down to show you the distribution cost etc

Not to mention cost of rent, electricity, supplies etc etc to produce the seeds from my £15

Fuel

50% up to 70% with a stock paid after sales ... dude, let's be frank, it's a rape for me and XYZ take you for a 0% interest bank ^^

CharlesU Farley

Now this is been one hell of an insightful and educational thread.

To stay out of jail, I have never sold _anything_ whatsoever related to cannabis, other than pinching a couple buds back in high school, when I would get oz's for friends... it was a carrying charge. :ROFLMAO:

I had no earthly idea of all of the "beaks that needed to be wetted"... obscure Godfather reference.... from seed maker to newbie purchaser.

Un-fucking-believable.

Ask @Old Uncle Ben about how we used to get seeds from Amsterdam from Jock, in the '90s. He's got pictures.o_O

Just to let you know, even ancient old Barney's ass gets tempted when seeing those glistening, dripping with trichomes bud shots. Somebody on Reddit posted one of Solfire's varietals and good God Almighty, did that bud look simply fucking beautiful.

Visited their website and they're breeding methods would make fucking Frankenstein seem like a nurse's aide. More twisted, sick fuck chemical sexual manipulation that wouldn't even happen in fucking San Francisco. :cool:

I now have a renewed appreciation and love for SouthEast Lights. ;)

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
High seed prices wouldn't be a thing if people didn't buy them. If people pay $300 per pack someone will sell them. IMO $100 is the max. Most high price seeds are made using hyped clones to justify the price. Is the quality worth the extra $200, not IMO.. I've compared some of them. Many have their website now, so no seedbanks are used.. You should be getting high quality from a $100 pack IMO. You won't find any breeder that doesn't make FEM seeds. Some of the best cannabis were found in FEM seeds. Many plants history came from herms at some point down the line. Quality should be what drives where your $ goes

Seedbanks take 50% but should handle the advertising and shipping.

Last edited:

kaneboy

do your research and find what suits yourself,you can find anything these days compared to the past.
what might seem like a lot of dollars for seeds can also let you find that 1 gem,plus its fun popping new strains just to see what all the hype is about,the plants you can find is amazing

Cuddles

it would cost a few dollars to do a Sog from seed , maybe make your own seeds.
Speaking of seeds ok you have your $$$ Seed and it is a a good genetic prospect. I would assume that this seed has been developed by months to years of breeding .
Even regular seeds are expensive .
and not to mention that they are very hard to find these days. It used to be the other way around but now -all the strains I want to grow and buy are always fem :( :(

Cuddles

Sure.

But now, after the decriminalization of cannabis in Germany I assume there will be a lot more seeds and cuttings available in the future...
So at least uere pieces will probably drop.
I´m afraid that the exact opposite will happen. More states have legalized weed over the years and yet the prices have gone up.
Energy prices have, and keep going up and up too. This price inflation also affects breeders and they have to get the money back somehow.

You could be right about the cuttings in future years though ;) I reckon a lot of canna newbies in Germany will not want to buy expensive seeds , but would prefer a cutting instead :)

RobFromTX

My friend grew the dutch passion. Light fruity(not so strawberry) smell and the high was very indica(and pretty weak) for something listed as a sativa hybrid. A far cry from the clone thats been going around for 20 years

endgegner

If you wanna buy cheap fems and autoflowers I can suggest shantibabaseeds.
I got 100 autoflowers for 180 euros (I wanna put them in my mother / veg tent as I have space left).
They also have 10 fems for 25 euros each. They don't offer any regular left over seeds, sadly.

Cuddles

When selling seeds through a seedbank they take 50% of price

If working with a distributor he takes 10-20% , then they sell to seedbank and they take the 50% mentioned above.

Also you can't sell cheaper to public than a seedbank does or they won't want to sell your range

When I worked with a distributor my seeds would sell at seedbank for £60 , I only recieved £20 from that and had to pay £5 tax , so I recieved £15 a pack from the £60

seedbanks help move the seeds with big customer base so that how It works , I just thought I'd break it down to show you the distribution cost etc

Not to mention cost of rent, electricity, supplies etc etc to produce the seeds from my £15
it´s a bit like being an artist when they sell stuff via an agent, galerist or online plattform. They really don´t end up with much at all.
Breeders must be paying an absolute fortune in energy cost these days.

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
In my experience growing out hundreds of my own hybrid S1,s there is still considerable variation amongst them.
Would not judge based on a single plant , only 20% of 300 of one of my hacks are indistinguishable from the original.

goingrey

On sale for 60 eur (about 56 usd) for a pack of 10 on the DP website.

You can make almost $200 on a single pack by reselling as singles!

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There should be multiple high quality plants in a pack of seeds. . There will be variations in selfed seeds. The more it's worked the less there will be. Selfing is an awesome tool to get to an IBL.

Old Uncle Ben

Ask @Old Uncle Ben about how we used to get seeds from Amsterdam from Jock, in the '90s. He's got pictures.;)

Sho dew.

He was slow as hell and one of my "haze" was as blueberry as can be. Those were the days.

BackOfCardsend.jpg FrontOfCardsend.jpg Labels.jpg

Oh the drama........

Latest posts

Latest posts