What's new

Hi there. New Here. Need Help!!

Julian420

Hey guys! I am new here, and I need a little help. I am starting my first Grow Op this year Starting in Mid May. I thought since this is my first grow, I thought it would be appropriate to do an auto flowerer. I am doing Auto Ak-47 crossed with Blueberry and Diesel Ryder. I would like to know:

- How long is it going to take?
- I live in a colder climate in Canada (Winnipeg MB) so will they last In cooler temperatures?
- And am I choosing potent strains?

Please respond to this forum guys!

Thanks!
Blaze On!

Bob_J

Im located somewhere in the arctic of canada (beside alaska) and they grew here. not the best IMO. ive lived in alberta for many many years and did about 7 seasons there...it would be more like your climate except you might be a little bit more humid? i know ontario is.
so to answer your question about cold climates, yes it will do fine just make sure you place them out a couple weeks AFTER your last frost, as ive realized each year is different and its better to be safe than sorry. ive found that AF's if they get cold roots get stunted. this happens at the start of the season of course. plant them middle of june and have no worries. in alberta there isnt alot of rain in august (usually). if you put them out in the middle of june they should be done sometime in august.

i have not grown those strains but plan to. so i cannot personally comment on potency but from what i hear they are good. autokush was good.

as for how long it is going to take...IMO all the strains i have ever grown took longer than what they said, especially outdoor :) shit happens, and overcast days do nothing for them.
if it says 8 weeks, plan on 10 weeks. 10 weeks....12 weeks....thats what im getting at.
indoors i always add on another week which seems to be dead on for my tastes.

Julian420

Thanks alot Bob. You've been a great help. Please keep me posted with your AF's this season. I would really like to see how yours turn out. Are u doing yours out or in? And you said start in June? Is that really a good idea?

Bob_J

i have a 400w halide and 1200w HPS and i was thinking i would have some extra space so i will be doing both. about 4 maybe 5 packs worth half in half out. im buying them to make seeds, hopefully 100% female using gibberelic acid.

as for starting them in june i meant setting them outside in june. keep them indoors for 3 weeks. again the closest ive come to your conditions would be in alberta IMO and i know that sept has a good weekend but after that its rainy with overcast days which could produce mold since those strains are mainly "indoor" and have a tighter bud structure. im not sure on manitoba.
it is however more "leafy" grown outdoors.
i do know that many people grow it out there and "guerilla gold" (have some in my pics..in large pots..kinda heatscore but it was all good) which i believe is bred in manitoba in swampy areas. there are also many other crosses with mighty mite and freezland to name a few. "manitoba poison" is well known, although i have heard its not the best potency wise. IMO outdoor pot cant really compare to good indoor BUT it may take a little more to "get you there" but your "high". indoor even sativa i find to be a little more "artificial" regardless of whether its "organic" or "chemical", soil or hydro.
some things we cant reproduce IMO. thats just me though. nothing beats the sun :)

check your local weather site for frost free days. edmonton has 144, calgary 119 (closer to the mountains), vancouver 230? last frost and first frost date. greenhouses that sell veggies know this info also. tomatoes, peppers, cukes you get the idea :)
im guessing end of sept is the latest you should go. also check your elevation.

mold is probably your biggest concern next to thives and LEO.

i went on a rant but ya depending on your last frost date you could put them out earlier

zappa66

*edit*
too slow lol, already gone over.
as to the guerilla gold, DO IT! go to unleashdagreen . net and get an account. PM Mr.clone

From my own experience trying to grow autos outside, and from what I have read, I have concluded that you only want to have them out during the warmest part of the summer. They seem to stunt or slow easily when placed in the harshness of the outside world (depending on plant and pheno). Most autos were made as indoor plants….Autos with such short life span can’t afford to be slowed down or they won’t yield very well.

I’m not sure if it’s an option or you but a little pop up greenhouse and a small heater/thermostat could do wonders.

good luck and stay warm!
spring is not that far...

Bob_J

zappa:
would you know how long one would want to keep them indoors for. i mean starting. 3 weeks? maybe 4 cause 1 week for germination?

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
zappa:
would you know how long one would want to keep them indoors for. i mean starting. 3 weeks? maybe 4 cause 1 week for germination?

id keep them inside untill the first signs of flowering, then maybe give it another few days then put em out side... once they have established them selves they will do fine out side

shaman14

and see i told you today u need to start autos indoors they wont survive the full cycle outdoors and if u try it ur gunna be spendin all that cash on like 10grams

Julian420

Thank u Bob. But Shaman (who is a fag at my school) thinks that autos can't be grown outdoor. But Bob just proved that u can. He said start in it closet first for 3 weeks, then move to the outdoors. Since this is my first grow, I thought I would start off small and go with the auto flowerer. Bob, you've been a great help and I'm gonna take your word and try it. Thanks alot. And I am not a poser asshole.

Grow on!
Julian420

shaman14

and ya you can grow in ur closet right?? nooooo u cant u have no indoor grow room so i dont see how ur gunna swing this

i agree they can be done outdoors here in canada but only if you start them indoors and have them outdoors only in the warmest weather. Winnipeg is really cold

and the whole point of autoflowering strains is they skip veg and go rite into flowering thats why they are so small

Julian420

Shut ur face! I'll see. I don't think I need to anyways. I'm gonna start in the middle if June anyways. Read what Bob said. It's good stuff

Julian420

U don't necessarilly need to start indoors he said. Seeing as I'm starting middle possibly beggining of June, he said go for it. it's not a bad idea. And July and August can be our best months. either that or I'm gonna have to use my floresent lights. Lol

Julian420

And I'm doing around Seven AFs. Just a really really really small one. So I will see. I may only get an ounce and a bit. But whatever, it'll be worth it for the first time