What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Haze males from old GHS lines

I Care

What is local?
Won’t be many to select from hopefully so all in all, they are for the chop when they show unless someone local wants them. Just seems like a shame but f it.
Im in the borderlands, southern green mountain territory US

goingrey

Regarding parental stock Shanti has said both

"MNS never entrusted plants to non-growers, including our ex-Dutch partners"

and

"He (Arjan) will never admit it but he lost or killed most all plants that were left to himso he basically buys in seed from Ingemar(which is unpredictable at best)",

make of that what you will.

endgegner

Regarding parental stock Shanti has said both

"MNS never entrusted plants to non-growers, including our ex-Dutch partners"

and

"He (Arjan) will never admit it but he lost or killed most all plants that were left to himso he basically buys in seed from Ingemar(which is unpredictable at best)",

make of that what you will.
Obviously not everything Shantibaba says will be true, especially in a competition situation with an old partner, but in general he seems to be more trustworthy to me.

Look at https://shop.greenhouseseeds.nl
The footer says:
© 1986 - 2024 Green House Seed Co..

"Arjan, owner and founder of the Green House Coffeeshops, Green House Seed Company..."
Well, it is a bit odd that he claims that he founded the company in 1986. So he founded the company as an 16 years old?
Born: April 4, 1970 (age 54), South Africa

Here is a part of Shantis story:
"I co founded the Greenhouse Seed Company with Arjan in 1994(unlike Arjan’s claim it began in 1985 from him alone…he was angry that I sold my half share to him and left in 1998 to Switzerland and to open Mr Nice Seedbank with Nevil and Howard…but I was and still am the sole owner of MNS)."

I just had to look up Arjans website and his wikipedia to expose a lie, even though I was born in the 90s. This seems really fishy.

Spaventa

Veteran
The only thing I go by is my previous experience with GHS Nevils regular seeds. Was 2008 actually, not 2006.
My hope is that the old packs I just bought are the same as the ones in 2008 because for me and the couple of friends who tried it, it was the finest haze ever grown, bar none. Perfect clean 13 week finish, incredible calyx to leaf, incredible terpenes, unmatched in 30 years of smoking hazes from A to Z, 80s to current and elite clones. What they call Nevils now at GHS is fem so different and most definitely nothing like it.
If anyone has grown bad plants from REGULAR seeds GHS NH, I have never heard of it. I’m not saying GHS never sold any other, lesser genetics as regular NH but I’ve never heard anyone say they had anything less than excellent haze from GHS NH regular.
I’m not getting into it any deeper. I know what I know from my experience, not what someone said or what a post in a thread says. I don’t care about the details concerning people I’ve never met and have no interest in. I’m only interested in finding a specific plant from what I believe are the same version of the same seeds. Wish me luck :)

Last edited:

bloyd

Veteran
I can say that Hawaiian snow changed after 2007. The feminized version was a devolution from the regs. GHS had legendary sativas back then that are entirely overlooked.

Spaventa

Veteran
I can say that Hawaiian snow changed after 2007. The feminized version was a devolution from the regs. GHS had legendary sativas back then that are entirely overlooked.
This is how I see it with NH too. It was great until the fem line replaced the regular seeds.

The shop still has 1 pack old El Nino regulars which could well be a similar story.

bloyd

Veteran
I'm pretty sure these ghs haze crosses all used the same male. They were always vague on the father of Hawaiian snow and I've seen them say different parent stock for that cross

Spaventa

Veteran
I'm pretty sure these ghs haze crosses all used the same male. They were always vague on the father of Hawaiian snow and I've seen them say different parent stock for that cross
The male in NH was Haze C afaik. I always assumed NH was A5 x Haze C from the lineage they gave at the time which was something like (NL#5 x Haze A) x Haze C

It was when breeders lost Haze C genetics that grail producing strains lost their character.
I’m sure Serious used haze C male in KM.

I also remember Nevil himself said that when he left the seedbank, Ben Dronkers didn’t let him take his plants so it’s all a mystery as to who had what parent genetics when and who used them for what.
There is also claim Nevil stayed longer at GHS. He was dodging extradition and was on FBI most wanted at the time so it’s credible that he might have been flying under the radar so to speak. It would explain why the regulars were still available for years after Shanti went to MrNice and supposedly took the parent plants.

I said I wouldn’t get into it.. oops lol

Last edited:

goingrey

Obviously not everything Shantibaba says will be true, especially in a competition situation with an old partner, but in general he seems to be more trustworthy to me.

Look at https://shop.greenhouseseeds.nl
The footer says:
© 1986 - 2024 Green House Seed Co..

"Arjan, owner and founder of the Green House Coffeeshops, Green House Seed Company..."
Well, it is a bit odd that he claims that he founded the company in 1986. So he founded the company as an 16 years old?
Born: April 4, 1970 (age 54), South Africa

Here is a part of Shantis story:
"I co founded the Greenhouse Seed Company with Arjan in 1994(unlike Arjan’s claim it began in 1985 from him alone…he was angry that I sold my half share to him and left in 1998 to Switzerland and to open Mr Nice Seedbank with Nevil and Howard…but I was and still am the sole owner of MNS)."

I just had to look up Arjans website and his wikipedia to expose a lie, even though I was born in the 90s. This seems really fishy.
The first Greenhouse coffeeshop opened before the seed company, in 1992.

1985 is when Arjan started growing..

TheDarkStorm

Ghs never had access to nevils haze by 2002.... Nevil stopped selling it them in about 2000....The last seeds he made of f1 nh was in 1997.... So since 2002 ghs have put out alsorts of other combinations.... Most of the ghs hazes from when franco come on board are made with combinations of reefermans genetics through dery , old south holland clones and shantis mr nice 1999-2004 stock and some other bits...
If you want to see the real nevils hZ look for the reviews of a small amount of seed shanti sold around 2007 when he was trying rebreed the mr nice version as all that version had run out and he just had raids again....the seeds he was saying are nevils private fridge stash...the 1997 nh.....same seeds nevil had sent to himser to do his work in Australia (you can see on them pictures were they grew it alongside the version shanti created for mr nice after 2007).. .i think haze seaker put some pic up on this site of the 97nh shanti gave him, leet aswell and ojd grew some out with some of the mr nice pre 2007 nh an put pics up on this site....royal flush put some pictures up of nevils original batch sourced from ghs pre 2000... If your looking for ghs regular nevils haze the real thing look for the packs used before 2002...before all the disc packaging was used....The ones in the disc packs were mainly cg13hz but they have had other combinations of this sold in those packs regular and fem... Shanti about a year or two back germinated the last of the original 97 nh he had left....from some of the grows ive seen since then im pretty sure he has used a cut from those original 97nh seed to revive his mr nice nh as some very recent grows now looks close to the original more so than iv seen in years...
If youve got the ghs disc pac regs (or any pack from 2002 onwards you can find excellent plants still...although the pedigrees given arnt reliable, and franco was still learning so during his early years ther were packs sent out with cross contamination, wrong seeds in wrong pacs, and not proper testing so hermi traits wer getting through.....test your plants well, and look for the good ones and you should find something worthy....some people found some wicked plants in the ghs nevils haze wen they first put it back out (their own version)after franco getting things going again.....hope that helps.
Would be great to see what you find in the thread, good luck.

TheDarkStorm

Where do you have the info from? If it is reliable information, I will save myself a few packs of NH.
Yeah, but that 97 nh he germinated for himself to select parents...it wasnt to sell or anything..ther were pictures on his insta when he germinated them ...and when his daughter done that interview online he had plants from 97nh and 98ssh behind him(i know them well enough to recognize)..... an I dont know for a fact he has joined it back to his usual for sale version of nh. For all I know he might of just made a small test batch doing that an certain people got. But some of the grows ive seen recently are very close to what the original looked like...and have looked better than it has from them in years...could be an idea to wait to see more grows to see if all the seeds look close to the original.
I know no one can make f1 nevils haze no more...it can only be inbred, bx'd, outcrossed ect....
This is why its important breeders tell us the genetics and parents used properly...when you can clearly see changes over time yet breeders arnt saying why that it it becomes more of a risk. Its wat causes confusion....
But I think its too much of a coincidence that shanti germinates the last of his 97nh and the last 98ssh and about a year and a half later some of the grows of those seeds(the version they sell) now look closer to the original more so than ever....those nevils hz grows ive seen do seem to group into 3 main phenotypes though....the original had more....sorry to take the thread off track...im just looking forwards to what spaventa finds.

I know a place that still has regular Hawaiian snow too...if your growing that too spaventa it would be cool to see how you get on...
Arjan himself recently was growing the old Hawaiian snow in Thailand from 2002-2003 wen it first got put together looking for parents to sell as flower and hopefully make a new fresh s1 batch of the old version...

Last edited:

endgegner

Yeah, but that 97 nh he germinated for himself to select parents...it wasnt to sell or anything..ther were pictures on his insta when he germinated them ...and when his daughter done that interview online he had plants from 97nh and 98ssh behind him(i know them well enough to recognize)..... an I dont know for a fact he has joined it back to his usual for sale version of nh. For all I know he might of just made a small test batch doing that an certain people got. But some of the grows ive seen recently are very close to what the original looked like...and have looked better than it has from them in years...could be an idea to wait to see more grows to see if all the seeds look close to the original.
I know no one can make f1 nevils haze no more...it can only be inbred, bx'd, outcrossed ect....
This is why its important breeders tell us the genetics and parents used properly...when you can clearly see changes over time yet breeders arnt saying why that it it becomes more of a risk. Its wat causes confusion....
But I think its too much of a coincidence that shanti germinates the last of his 97nh and the last 98ssh and about a year and a half later some of the grows of those seeds(the version they sell) now look closer to the original more so than ever....those nevils hz grows ive seen do seem to group into 3 main phenotypes though....the original had more....sorry to take the thread off track...im just looking forwards to what spaventa finds.

I know a place that still has regular Hawaiian snow too...if your growing that too spaventa it would be cool to see how you get on...
Arjan himself recently was growing the old Hawaiian snow in Thailand from 2002-2003 wen it first got put together looking for parents to sell as flower and hopefully make a new fresh s1 batch of the old version...
Cool, I will check the information and take a look at recent grows. Shanti also sometimes sells 90s SSH in his auctions, I will also keep an eye on them.

Spaventa

Veteran
Then why do countless reports say MNS NH has no church? Some said Mango Haze occasionally does but people have been through multiple packs of MNS NH and found none. I know because I’ve read many discussions on it in my quest for church in the air.
If your saying LOUD musky, church frankincense that hangs in the air isn’t a classic NH trait, I guess whatever GHS sold me in 2008 as NH regular seeds. was much, much better than Nevels Haze! …in which case fuck Nevils Haze but thanks to Arjan for the 13 week grail I got in a NH reg pack 2008, whatever it was lol

Me I’m not convinced. I think that church is a defining trait and tells me MNS NH ain’t it.

The fact that it was super loud in GHS regulars from 2008 gives them far more credibility as being NH. Also, there were clearly 3 female phenotypes that match the descriptions of NH pheno perfectly. 2 16 week phenos, one tall one compact like NL#5 and the prize 13 week sparse, low yielding grail head stash… It’s the phenotype #1 which is number 2 on the list. I may have mixed them up because of that in previous mentions.

Attachments

• 80A12E48-351C-4E95-8262-13F37E274887.jpeg
    80A12E48-351C-4E95-8262-13F37E274887.jpeg
    164.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

ETERNAL FIRE FARMS

Guys, I just found and promptly purchased some old Greenhouse seeds regular packs, Nevils Haze regs and Hawaiian Snow regs. They have been stored professionally. They were the last packs. (They have 1 pack ElNino regs left)

Anyway, I’m looking for the NH #2 pheno that I grew from this very line in 2006 for my jars, not breeding genetics particularly but I wonder if these seeds could have plants of value to a breeder? Would the males potentially make good dads?
Want the real neveles haze? Apparently Go to Mr nice seeds.. shantibaba nevele and Howard Marks apparently have all the originals before they split from arjon at ghs apparently arjon re made all the so called originals like rhino n neveles haze etc coz shanti and nevele took all there own breeding work with them to Make there new company with Howard Marks Mr nice seeds.. 👍 👌😁💯💚🙏

Edit: brought to my attention and made me remember that this is not the case anymore me and a few others have found in the last 10 years that all there hazes are lacking haze inscense spice aroma and are not what we class as "haze" anymore..

Last edited:

Spaventa

Veteran
Hawaiian snow is a strong one… grows like a vine though, I had it tied all around the grow room (2007/2008ish)
All the best
Noted, thanks!

OJD, that’s a great opportunity and the offer is appreciated but I don’t have room for side by sides :( As you know, these ladies take up space and lights.
I bought a couple packs of some your NH work and I will report back with some pictures when I get there. Again, thanks.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts