What's new

Golden Tiger

SolarLogos

I'm very sorry, the picture of GT2 and GT 4 in the previous post are duplicates of GT2. Here is a picture of GT4 and her clone, which should replace the picture in the middle of the previous post.
Again, my apology.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi SolarLogos,

I think there's something wrong with your soil mix or with your feedings. Just compare your small clones in veg vs the older plants into flowering:

Your plants in flowering are showing yellowing and deficiencies, most probably due to ph imbalance (looks like ph is too high), salt accumulation or improper feeding, the same for your Tropical Mix plants in your own thread (which look like pure Honduras to me, green mexican pheno).

Please, make sure your are using high quality soil mix based on high quality peat with a ph around 6.5 (you can add worm casting for the growth until early flowering and guano for the flowering) and that you are using clean water for your waterings and feedings, which must be always also between ph 6.5-6.8.

Both Golden Tiger and Honduras can yield a lot when they are properly grown, but to master the ph ad ec in your growing media and feedings is the start for any successful grow.

SolarLogos

Hi SolarLogos,

I think there's something wrong with your soil mix or with your feedings. Just compare your small clones in veg vs the older plants into flowering:

Your plants in flowering are showing yellowing and deficiencies, most probably due to ph imbalance (looks like ph is too high), salt accumulation or improper feeding, the same for your Tropical Mix plants in your own thread (which look like pure Honduras to me, green mexican pheno).

Please, make sure your are using high quality soil mix based on high quality peat with a ph around 6.5 (you can add worm casting for the growth until early flowering and guano for the flowering) and that you are using clean water for your waterings and feedings, which must be always also between ph 6.5-6.8.

Both Golden Tiger and Honduras can yield a lot when they are properly grown, but to master the ph ad ec in your growing media and feedings is the start for any successful grow.
Thank you very much for the input Dubi, it is really appreciated. However, I believe the difference between the clones and the mothers is the heat. As I mentioned, it is above 95 here and a few days up to 106. The next two days will be 101, 102 again. The clones have been enjoying afternoon shade, whereas the mothers and the Hondurans are in sun all day. My soil is an organic based soil already ph'd. I only add worm castings and additional peat and pearlite, as I have found the worm castings slow drainage a lot. I mix it in large drums and keep it covered to use as needed. I am using city water, however I de-chlorinate it 24 hours. I pH my nutes and water at 6.3. I will certainly take your advise and adjust the ph of my nutrients. Other than that, the sun is the only difference between any of my plants.
Thanks again for your kind reply. I am especially excited to know about the Hondurans!
Peace, God Bless

SolarLogos

Dubi, you are absolutely right about a couple of things. I checked my logs and it's been almost 7 weeks since my last flush. All the ladies got flushed and all cleaned up today. I also have been a little lax on checking my ppm's. My water is 162 ppm. I mixed my usual amount of organic bloom nutrients (medium dose according to the bottle) and to my surprise it was a total of 883 ppm. I cut it down to 348 (including water 162ppm) and will keep it around 300-350.
That explains why I have been moving the GT's into the shade in the late afternoons the last few days, but the shade leaves that got burned on the 106F day we had, continued to burn slightly each day, even after going into the shade.
Thank you again for your help and kind words. It is always a pleasure reading your replies and I'm grateful you took time from your busy schedule to help me out.
Peace, God Bless

Vaporbud

Golden Tiger from the latest fem batch. Thats a 65 gallon pot, all organic. Cant wait to try this girl. Hoping to get a taste of my youth smoking thai stick in the 70s. Does this plant look like it leans either way Thai or African? Thanks for the genetics Dubi!

picture.php

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Golden Tiger from the latest fem batch. Thats a 65 gallon pot, all organic. Cant wait to try this girl. Hoping to get a taste of my youth smoking thai stick in the 70s. Does this plant look like it leans either way Thai or African? Thanks for the genetics Dubi!

View Image

Beautiful plant!i dont know if she is more african or thai,but she is very beauty....

ULMW

:biggrin:
8.5wks

Attachments

• 20180725_151153.jpg
    20180725_151153.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 20180725_151258.jpg
    20180725_151258.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 20180725_144912.jpg
    20180725_144912.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 20180725_144937.jpg
    20180725_144937.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 24

Tangwena

Veteran
Really turning into a golden tiger now lovely buds and very very healthy your looking after them so well.

musigny23

update a month later

update a month later

A month ago I posted pics of my GT plants. Here they are now
L1030615_zpsch3naoka.jpg

This one appears to show overwatering. Also maybe a form of rootbound or both. This property sits on a shelf of limestone that has 5-10 cm of clay on it and then 50 cm sandy clay based soil on top of that. That means I don't have ideal drainage unfortunately. What I think is happening is that water has accumulated in the clay layer and the roots that feed the tops have grown into that clay layer. If I stop watering, all the soil on top of the clay will dry out and the rest of the plants will suffer. This happens occasionally in my garden. I don't know the best solution yet. Suggestions?

L1030624_zpskfmknfwi.jpg

This my GT F1 next to the wet one. Not showing that and they're next to each other.

L1030631_zps84ht0ivr.jpg

This my big one. Doing well I'd say. It's dropped a few older leaves down at the bottom but I think that's normal. This plant is 4 months old.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Dubi, you are absolutely right about a couple of things. I checked my logs and it's been almost 7 weeks since my last flush. All the ladies got flushed and all cleaned up today. I also have been a little lax on checking my ppm's. My water is 162 ppm. I mixed my usual amount of organic bloom nutrients (medium dose according to the bottle) and to my surprise it was a total of 883 ppm. I cut it down to 348 (including water 162ppm) and will keep it around 300-350.
That explains why I have been moving the GT's into the shade in the late afternoons the last few days, but the shade leaves that got burned on the 106F day we had, continued to burn slightly each day, even after going into the shade.
Thank you again for your help and kind words. It is always a pleasure reading your replies and I'm grateful you took time from your busy schedule to help me out.
Peace, God Bless

Hi SolarLogos,

Glad you found the problem, i had doubts the problem were the high temps, Golden Tiger can handle very well the high temps, your temps are similar to the ones we have in our mediterranean climate at this stage of the summer.

Then the problem was an excessive of feeding, try to flush her soil abundantly until she recovers and then start to feed gently again. Check the ph is in the correct range both in the waterings and feedings. Post pics in case you have more doubts.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

View Image

Hi VaporBud,

What a beauty :) Looks very thai, but with shorter bushier structure than pure thais. Really excited to see her flowering!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Hi ULMW :)

Really nice flower development after just 8,5 weeks!

Try to completely cut down the nitrogen and try to provide her with cooler temps and she will reward you with stronger resin production and a cleaner and healthier smoke :yes:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
A month ago I posted pics of my GT plants. Here they are nowView Image

This one appears to show overwatering. Also maybe a form of rootbound or both. This property sits on a shelf of limestone that has 5-10 cm of clay on it and then 50 cm sandy clay based soil on top of that. That means I don't have ideal drainage unfortunately. What I think is happening is that water has accumulated in the clay layer and the roots that feed the tops have grown into that clay layer. If I stop watering, all the soil on top of the clay will dry out and the rest of the plants will suffer. This happens occasionally in my garden. I don't know the best solution yet. Suggestions?

View Image

This my GT F1 next to the wet one. Not showing that and they're next to each other.

View Image

This my big one. Doing well I'd say. It's dropped a few older leaves down at the bottom but I think that's normal. This plant is 4 months old.

Hi musigny23,

Very happy to see you are growing original F1 Golden Tiger side by side with the current improved GT 2nd generation. Both are huge, beautiful and should provide a real high yield at the end of the season.

Most cannabis strains don't like too much limestone and clay in the soil ..... but should be fine unless the roots find a wall.
Looking at the 2nd generation female i would say she needs more water instead of being overwatered .... does she stand firm 1-2 hours after the watering ? Or does she fall down like in the pic after the watering ?

Vaporbud

Hi VaporBud,

What a beauty :) Looks very thai, but with shorter bushier structure than pure thais. Really excited to see her flowering!

Thank you so much Dubi. Excellent feedback man.

I have an old friend who visited yesterday and he and I were buddies back in the day smoking lots of Thai stick. It was quite available in Southern Cal in the 70s. We are both mesmerized by this plant. It is quite awesome. She is just about to flower.

Respect!

:rasta:

picture.php

musigny23

Hi musigny23,

Very happy to see you are growing original F1 Golden Tiger side by side with the current improved GT 2nd generation. Both are huge, beautiful and should provide a real high yield at the end of the season.

Most cannabis strains don't like too much limestone and clay in the soil ..... but should be fine unless the roots find a wall.
Looking at the 2nd generation female i would say she needs more water instead of being overwatered .... does she stand firm 1-2 hours after the watering ? Or does she fall down like in the pic after the watering ?

The reason I think it is the roots feeding the tops are too wet is that the leaves that look droopy are quite stiff, in the manner associated with over watering. I like growing in the ground rather than smart pots because more soil volume is available so they get bigger. Also they lower profile so they less noticeable. And they are less in need of constant monitoring like my smart pots require.

I've taken steps to improve the soil as much as I can, adding compost/organic material and using raised beds where possible but there's very little I can do about improving the drainage.

At the moment I'm away and a friend is taking of the garden so I'll report again when get home.

Pédetoddy

Smoke report updated.
I harvested with 30% of the amber trichomes 2 months of cure.
I went to smoke muito Golden Tiger with an old friend.But I did not know how strong is after cure.
After smoke half joint my heart was extremely fast, my mouth and eyes extremely dry. I was trembling a lot, I had to down on the bed while trying to calm myself, the music seemed different. i smoke 9 a.m. I lay down until 11 a.m. The effect persisted throughout the day and was wearing off at night.
This herb is really overpowering.
picture.php

Vaporbud, spectacular looking Monster girl you have there, harvest time can't come soon enough I'm sure...

Thanks for sharing the smoke report Pedetoddy , sounds like Fly me to the moon material..!!

Here's two GT girls One big one small to medium in same 13 gal container(largest container I had available)..n and out of stealth mode limited sun..

picture.php
[/IMG]

Here's another GT FEMALE..

picture.php
[/IMG]

Last edited:

ULMW

:tiphat:
Thank you Dubi and All at Ace Seeds for another gem.

Attachments

• 20180814_150942.jpg
    20180814_150942.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 20180814_150911.jpg
    20180814_150911.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 20180814_150900.jpg
    20180814_150900.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 20180814_150849.jpg
    20180814_150849.jpg