What's new

Golden Tiger

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Come on Zach, you know better than to put them back in 24hr light after a 125days of 12/12

I guess they will start to reveg... but all I;m looking for is another 10/15days..

I mis-timed the start up for the next plantings, as these things need more time..

my question is will it de-grade the herb throwing it back into 24hrs for a week/two??

ValleyKush

Veteran
Different genetics react differently. Sativas tend to reveg quicker then indicas so I would just chop them now if you are worried about it.

That being said, it would be a good experiment for you to chop half and leave half and take notes for us.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G`day Zach

Yeah 1 week won`t upset too much .
Just be sure the plants don`t get too much light and heat . It will take 3-4 weeks to start reveg .

Thanks for sharin

EB . `

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
hi dubi... sorry for lack of an update... the '2' ladies are now at 112days, and getting fat... I checked the progress under the scope, and n seeing 75% still clear, 20% cloudy, and 5% amber... so it would appear we still have a ways to go

I'm not good at smells, number 1 (with the fan leaves) has a fruity smell, while number 2 is fruity, with a touch of lemon.. as I said I got a lousy nose..

under the 1k lite, they appear to be almost drippin resin... by far both are the most resinous ladies we have ever grown...

I did sneak a bud from the bottom, and quick dried it in the oven... really a nice up-head, and it lasted about 2hrs, which sure says a lot...

here are the pic's... as u can see number 1 when we pick it will require almost no trimming, and number 2 just a wee bit...

I can't tell which parent they are leaning towards (thai or Malawi).. maybe u can ??

they are still pushing out white hairs, and mostly clear, so I'm thinking they have to go another 30 (maybe longer??) days...

I'm thinking weight wise after drying we should net out about 2.5oz's per plant...

we are now at 125days of flowering, and still the majority are clear... BUT we need to move other plants into this room, which will now be the veg room... ie 24hrs lites on- so the question is if we leave the flowering plants in the room, but switch to 24hrs lights on , for maybe another 7-10days , is it going to "F"-up the plants??..

by all indications , still throwing out white hairs/etc, so these ladies need more time... but ran out of 12/12 time...

comments please..thanks

Hi zachrockbadenof,

Very beautiful and well developed Golden Tiger!
I'm glad she's producing lots of resins. She is clearly a Koh Chang Thai dominant pheno (flowering and pistil structure, lemony aromas) with strong Malawi influence in the resin production.

The pics are not very clear, but looks like the plant still has a few weeks to finish, she is really well developed but she is producing a new wave of pistils so still has potential to produce a much stronger outcome.

I don't think is a good idea to bring her back to 24/0 photoperiod now in the last weeks of flowering ... this kind of tropical sativas are very photo sensible and will easily try to reveg after 7-10 days of 24/0 photoperiod .... the growing hormones produced in such photoperiod stop all the biological process that makes the plant to produce quality flowers, and most probably the flowers will try to reveg producing new leaves inside the buds, which is undesirable at this stage of flowering. I would rather cut it a bit earlier.

I hope you enjoy much more this new Golden Tiger ;)

Siever

Veteran
So if I do my math right here, we are looking at 20+ weeks?! Is this typical? I was thinking of getting this, so I hope not! The description says 10-14 weeks, I could deal with 14 but not 20.

reduce light to 11 hours a day after the stretch has stopped.
With this strategy your GT will always be between 10 & 14 weeks.

Siever

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
Hi zachrockbadenof,

Very beautiful and well developed Golden Tiger!
I'm glad she's producing lots of resins. She is clearly a Koh Chang Thai dominant pheno (flowering and pistil structure, lemony aromas) with strong Malawi influence in the resin production.

The pics are not very clear, but looks like the plant still has a few weeks to finish, she is really well developed but she is producing a new wave of pistils so still has potential to produce a much stronger outcome.

I don't think is a good idea to bring her back to 24/0 photoperiod now in the last weeks of flowering ... this kind of tropical sativas are very photo sensible and will easily try to reveg after 7-10 days of 24/0 photoperiod .... the growing hormones produced in such photoperiod stop all the biological process that makes the plant to produce quality flowers, and most probably the flowers will try to reveg producing new leaves inside the buds, which is undesirable at this stage of flowering. I would rather cut it a bit earlier.

I hope you enjoy much more this new Golden Tiger ;)

G`day Dubi

I realise this is your line and you have a lot of exp with her .
But ... reveg and extra leaves in the buds after 1 week of long days I find hard to believe .

If you cut the buds off and left the popcorn on . It would encourage reveg . As the flower hormone has been removed . @24 hours light would start breaking down the florigen . But 1 week long days and reveg ??

Thanks for sharin

EB .

justabluez

Veteran
Golden Tiger seems to have a very reactive stem. When I pull on it, it seems to pull back. Kinda SCARY!!! Attached is a picture of a GT with about 3 weeks veg, and 2 weeks flowering. Not a lot of pistils showing as of yet. I'm excited about this beast!!

Attachments

• gt_110915_a.jpg
    gt_110915_a.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 21

vinrusso

Siever
I even went 10/14 the last few weeks, and seemed to really speed the last days of flowering. I think mine went about 16 or 17 weeks. Instead of 19 or 20. I think it's worth it, for the vigor, and yield if anything else. The smoke, I give a 10/10. How can one lose?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
So if I do my math right here, we are looking at 20+ weeks?! Is this typical? I was thinking of getting this, so I hope not! The description says 10-14 weeks, I could deal with 14 but not 20.

Hi Nor'Easter,

Current Golden Tiger standard version (which has stronger Malawi influence) indeed finishes in 14 weeks maximum, a bit lesser depending on the pheno, growing variables, if you start from seed or from clone, feeding, if you flower them with 12/12 or lower photoperiods, etc ....

Current Golden Tiger fem version has stronger thai influence so it takes a bit more of time to ripen than standard version.

zachrockbadenof was not completely pleased with his first GT grow, so i gave him to try the older fem release (circa 2013), which is my favourite generation to select GT parental plants for breeding. This older GT fem release had very strong Koh Chang Thai influence, that's why it could take more weeks to finish properly, again it depends a lot on the growing conditions.

I have bred the current and latest GT fem release using my favourite parental plants and traits from the GT 2013 fem release, but trying to lower down the flowering time.

Hope it helps.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Siever

Thanks Siever,

That's a very good tip to reduce the flowering time in this kind of long flowering tropical sativas.

You can start/induce the flowering with a classic 12/12 photoperiod, but the more tropical sativa phenos will continue the stretching and reflowering during flowering stage with this stable photoperiod, so it's a good choice to lower down progressively from 12/12 until 10/14 to speed up the flowering process and to avoid reflowerings and undesired stretching in mid flowering, especially if you are flowering them from seed, and not from matured clones.

Hi Dubi. Can I please have some advise. I made a strain 12 months ago whichnis golden tiger (fem) x Mullumbimby madness/neveilles haze #21. I grew the strain through from February to may this year and it went really well. I was back out at my spot recently and found that 1 plant out of about 200 has survived the last 6 months without any water or tlc. The small amount of fluff that was left at the base has re-grown fresh shoots. We've had a lot of storms in the last month or so and it is now about 1.5m high and looking unreal. I took some fresh cuts off them for summer. Does this hardy trait and the ability to survive Some of the harshest conditions make it a stand out from the rest and will make it an excellent mother/breeder? I can't recall what is looked liked in full blossom but am pretty sure it was good.

rod58

out of my regular seeds , they are all like this
evxcept this one , very fine leaves and tending a bit purple on the stem also very slow growing compared to the rest ...
could this be leaning towards the thai influence of golden tiger ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Dubi. Can I please have some advise. I made a strain 12 months ago whichnis golden tiger (fem) x Mullumbimby madness/neveilles haze #21. I grew the strain through from February to may this year and it went really well. I was back out at my spot recently and found that 1 plant out of about 200 has survived the last 6 months without any water or tlc. The small amount of fluff that was left at the base has re-grown fresh shoots. We've had a lot of storms in the last month or so and it is now about 1.5m high and looking unreal. I took some fresh cuts off them for summer. Does this hardy trait and the ability to survive Some of the harshest conditions make it a stand out from the rest and will make it an excellent mother/breeder? I can't recall what is looked liked in full blossom but am pretty sure it was good.

Hi crazy shovel,

Sounds like a very interesting cross, well done!
You can learn a lot about the potential of the cross using such populations.
How was the cross in overall ? Did you find something exceptional ?
Regarding your last question, the fact one parental plant is more resistant and easier to reveg it doesn't mean that it will stand out in quality over her sisters. Resistance, vigor, and quality of the flowers are independent traits.

Maybe it's worth to clone her, and explore with more detail the quality of its flowers, and compare its quality with its best sisters.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
out of my regular seeds , they are all like this
evxcept this one , very fine leaves and tending a bit purple on the stem also very slow growing compared to the rest ...
could this be leaning towards the thai influence of golden tiger ?

Hi rod58,

They are still on a young stage to confirm phenos. They look overall like Malawi phenos but we will need to wait until flowering stage to fully recognize the flowering traits.
Current Golden Tiger standard version has bigger Malawi influence.

Is the last plant located in a shaded or cold place ? Looks like she needs more sun and a bit more of nutrients.

Let us know if you have any doubt. Kind regards!

rod58

thanks dubi , she has been like this since conception , all in the same mix and situation as the others and has good nutrient and sun ..only a third of the size ..
i'll persevere with it anyway ...cheers ..