What's new

Golden Tiger

Summer of Love

picture.php

hey. forgot to mention.

brought theses GT seeds setembro 2014.
already make my own seeds by the 2 gt girks. but still have 3 gt seeds from the pack.
winter is coming 13Cº and the tiger goes on.

i have 2 reg seeds freebie of wreckage. i wonder if.. hehe

@ya

Wow, I just purchased the standard GT yesterday, now I am wishing that I got the fem.
maybe I will get the fems to, along with some other strains.... ACE is the place.

@ya

This is a clone of a monster Thai pheno of GT. Killer and huge, if grown right. This plants mother was grown DWC, and was Huge! It seems their are a lot more Malawi leaning Fem GT. These colas on the Thai are a meter long. I still think this is the best all around weed ACE has.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment...d=316979&stc=1&d=1431639791stc=1&d=1431639791
Wow I just purchased GT standard yesterday, should have got the fems... oh well guess I will get the fems alone with some others...should have finished this thread before I purchased.....ACE is the place.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Fala galera.
thanks everyone.

Calude This purple traits come from malawi or thai?
I guess Tiger 1 was more thai i guess.

agora, tiger 3. comparing with tiger 1.. i note: purple traits, thin branches. resin turning yellow. still bright green but with a darker tone. smell, quite the same, but stronger than other. she's smaller, but a really great plant/pheno.

View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image

I have this pheno too!!!!
Very squat/short but very good branching

I/m glad I hit her with pollen and I have a clone

Siever

Veteran
ace is still awesome.
if GT fem is Double Thai x Malawi, then what's the regular's pedigree? I thougt they were both Thai x Malawi?

Siever

MadMac

far beyond driven...
High @ all,
well my fem GT are in 5 week flower and from 3 Seeds i have 3 different phenos...
1. Looks like Malawi late flower
2. Mix between Thai & Malawi ... lot of hairs really flower
3. Looks like a Thai with many fine hairs and more green and late flower
will post some pics later...

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
we have a pack of GT fem's from the 1st batch of fem's made a couple/few years ago (thanks dubi)..it's suppose to be kick-ass.. sowing them on sunday... i'll be giving a weekly (or bi-weekly) report- will be growing em in waterfarms under 3k of light.. we will veg them for 50/60days.. can't wait...

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
I have Golden Tiger regular. I bought the original seeds in 2013.

I didn't have much experience with long flowering sativas. My first run was in a difficult to cool closet and I had some heat stress. I also had some soil issues compounded by the use of tiny pots I used to help control height.

I had 2 females and one male (still have the rest of the original pack) and ended up with two similar foxtailing phenotypes to take clones from:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

After a good cure both phenos were extremely clear and energetic highs. If I smoked more than a small bowl I am told that I start to slur my words. Very powerful smoke.

Right now I am running F2's from the first plant above. She's nothing at all like mom and has been very easy and quick to flower.

picture.php

picture.php

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
we tooo have reg's from a number of years ago... when we 1st grew it, we picked at around 100/120/148 days... how long did yours go??

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
we tooo have reg's from a number of years ago... when we 1st grew it, we picked at around 100/120/148 days... how long did yours go??

Zach,

between 100 and 120 days. I had about 10 clones and harvested over several weeks.

My wife seems fairly immune to some Sativas. I mean, she says she does not feel high after a bowl of GT( but she seems high to me.) She smokes about 1/20th of what I smoke, so she should feel the high better. She's not a fan of the GT which always surprises me. So I understand you being puzzled by this variety.

Tangwena

Veteran
Hi Vinn I am sure Ace are are just doing what they feel they want to, or the market demands.
I have only grown 3 of their selection and either I am incredibly lucky or they have been good.
The malawi I didn't like but plenty of people I know do. The Zamaldelica and GT have both supplied exceptional plants. Its hard to have the resources to select good plants. I haven't got enough years left to try even one of the landraces I tried in Malawi, most people haven't.
Its nice to be able to buy a pack of something that has had all the weeding out done for you. Its never going to be what your looking for but, sometimes you get what you need.
I just opened a 4 month old cob of GT fem and Zamaldelica fem from my Xmas grow and I had flash backs to scoring from a dodgy back alley back in Malawi, just smelling them now after extracting into cocanut butter (no decarb) I am as high as I have ever been in my life, if it gets any better I might not be able to handle it.
So I have to say good on you Ace not what I would have done but who knows what I would have done. So its the best I have come across and I like it. Sorry to ramble off post ect.
Tangwena

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
I just opened a 4 month old cob of GT fem and Zamaldelica fem from my Xmas grow and I had flash backs to scoring from a dodgy back alley back in Malawi, just smelling them now after extracting into cocanut butter (no decarb) I am as high as I have ever been in my life, if it gets any better I might not be able to handle it.
So I have to say good on you Ace not what I would have done but who knows what I would have done. So its the best I have come across and I like it. Sorry to ramble off post ect.
Tangwena

Dodgy back alley in Malawi! Those were the days....just the days weren't in Africa.

I've been very pleased with what I've grown from Ace. Plus, the seeds are ALWAYS fresh and mature with extremely high germination rates - far better than most breeders seed quality.

M

miris

So if that is the best gt youve seen nothing Special My xperience is that ace have best . When i tried queen mother or other best sativas from other banks it was just half quality in compare to ace good selected fems. but i understand and respect your opinion . For example ive had some nlhaze monster yielding pheno everyone was hungry from that really good looking pictures. But after two weeks it was just above average ... curious about double zamal. Im tryong eskobars oaxaca sp called ibl

M

miris

i dont know also :D i meant Ive seen maybe better but no offence
btw this was very bad run, few weeks she wasnt growing buds or minimally, first month under weak led, then hps and overfertilized. it was from gt f2 regular , i think it was some good mix of half thai/malawi with some crazy effects, very resinous and also good tasting herb
picture.php

Nostradamos

i dont know also :D i meant Ive seen maybe better but no offence
btw this was very bad run, few weeks she wasnt growing buds or minimally, first month under weak led, then hps and overfertilized. it was from gt f2 regular , i think it was some good mix of half thai/malawi with some crazy effects, very resinous and also good tasting herb
View Image

That are some awesome buds :yoinks:.
Would be interested in what you mean with "crazy effects".
Nice grow!

I just bought some Ace Seeds - Golden Tiger (Reg) Seeds, they were labeled (?!) in september 2014, hopefully i get some malawi leaning phenos out of those. Anyone else grew some of those "newer" seeds?

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
Miris,

i meant Ive seen maybe better but no offence

No offence taken. I didn't do a good job with that run at all. My room was too hot and dry. I was living in the sticks and foolishly used Miracle Grow soil which burnt the hell out of my clones. Then I had too many in a small area.

I did get pretty high off the results.

It sounds like I got into the Ace game a little late as far as pure sativas goes. How would you guys feel about putting some more thai back in to golden tiger or zamaldelica yourself? I've got (2) zamaldelica and (5) double thai started. Do you think crossing the two would bring back more of the "old" zamaldelica? I've been wanting to order the golden tiger but everyone here lately has me kinda down about it. With all that being said I doubt I'll know it's not the "best" golden tiger or zamaldelica as I doubt I've ever had a truly good sativa. I've never smoked anything that I felt was trippy or psychedelic.

Mr. Roseberry

Ready4

Veteran
It sounds like I got into the Ace game a little late as far as pure sativas goes. How would you guys feel about putting some more thai back in to golden tiger or zamaldelica yourself? I've got (2) zamaldelica and (5) double thai started. Do you think crossing the two would bring back more of the "old" zamaldelica? I've been wanting to order the golden tiger but everyone here lately has me kinda down about it. With all that being said I doubt I'll know it's not the "best" golden tiger or zamaldelica as I doubt I've ever had a truly good sativa. I've never smoked anything that I felt was trippy or psychedelic.

Mr. Roseberry

Hey Mr. Roseberry ! Do not get a negative outlook on what will be a most probable spectacular result of your efforts with your zamaldelica and double thai. You did not miss out on anything, you made a great choice. The panic by one well meaning poster is overblown, the idea that all ACE strains are suddenly ruined is absurd at the very best.
Trippy or psychedelic is all subjective. Many people who remember such effects were young when they first smoked a Thai etc that tripped them out. You smoke enough of many of any ACE strains and you will be flying !
Definitely make clones of both those strains, they will be absolutely very powerful Sativas.
The idea of "100% " sativa is a myth anyhow. Nobody has any proof that a field collected " 100%" sativa has not had some Indica crossed into somewhere. The Dutch spread seeds around the World, commercially grown product around the World was affected with winds cross pollinating.

Latest posts

Latest posts