What's new

Going Stealthy

B

basement420

So after removing my carbon filter from the exhaust setup I have now been able to maintain temps at 78*-80*. Don't really understand, maybe it was adding too much back pressure? Not sure gonna have to do some research. All in all I am happy just to be able to say that I can keep a 600W cool at 80* in a 9.16cuft space. Haven't put anything over the clear lines yet, plan to do that today. Putting into 18/6 today until maybe friday at the latest then into 12/12 and train through the stretch. PH is at 6.0 and PPMs are at 500.

Nice turnaround, Basement. Shitty that things had to go down, but it looks like you handled business and moved forward. Strong work.

Last edited:
B

basement420

Here is an update. Not much going on, PH is 5.8 and PPMs were at 590 yesterday and now are at 470 today so I guess I need to up the nutrient solution alittle. The Pine Tar Kushs both showed sex the other day for some reason, bad light timing, but they both showed female so life is good. Had an accident with one of the two Kali Mist clones, I was washing the left over dirt off the roots and the puppy decided to help me wash BAM half the roots gone. It has started making new roots so I might be ok, well see right now it looks pretty wasted. I was going to put a Strawberry Diesel clone into the space but I found out the person I had caretakered it to had some trouble with the light cycle and killed it, no worries guess it wasn't meant to be so for now if that plant dies oh well it it sits empty and I stretch another plant over it.

B

bagseed77

everything else looks good but the 1, maybe it will make it, peace abuela

one Q

Quality
Veteran
That looks so cool! Is that a recirc DWC? Check out the Micro Hydro System thread in the Hydro forum.

Hey, have you considered hempys, or ebb and flow in there? Something a bit less temp sensitive may be a quieter and root pleasing. Coco Coir?

Get some regular Louvers from the vent section at local hardware. Cover them with pantyhose 2x, use the large size and 1 leg per louver. Wrap it once, twist a few times and back up the other side.

"not the boss"

B

basement420

Bagseed77 - Thanks for stopping by.

one Q - Yes, it is RDWC. It has a 5 gallon bucket res underneath. I will have to check out that thread, Haven't spent much of any time in the micro section. I have decided to run ebb/flow on the next run, but for now I have this system setup so I am going to see how it performs. Currently I do not have my air-pumps running at all, for about 5 days now, and the plants seem no worse and it is much quieter now. Guess I must have enough DO from the waterfall into res and the waterfall into buckets. And thanks for the idea on the regular louver/pantyhose setup. I will be going to the hardware store shortly now. I also plan to start tying down and training(somewhat) the plants alittle today.

B

basement420

Well, did as I was suggested to with making my own louver setup, works great thanks for the idea. Also moved the carbon filter and put it back into action but this tie placed it above the intake and now the cab sits at 83*. Little high but we'll see still might make the filter larger for better air flow. Also tied down a bunch of the plants to start getting more growth to train into the screen. And apparently photo upload is not working cause i keep uploading and nothing is actually getting loaded to the site so when it works again i'll post some pics of everything new.

one Q

Quality
Veteran
Does yur pump have a venturi? If so put it on, it'll add O2.

edit: remember to vaccume the intakes it'll clog quickly.
Also, if you get some styrofom sheets in the insulation section and line the lower half where the res and stuff is, it;ll deaden the sound of the fan and airpump. It's 4-5 bucks for more than what youll need and the amount of sound it kills is well worth the time.

Last edited:
B

basement420

not really sure what a venturi is so I am not sure if I have one or not, can you explain further?

B

basement420

DocPoucevert - Thanks for the compliment, the fan is a stanley blower and I think the stated CFM is somewhere that makes it comparable to a 265 Dayton.

RealSupreme - Thanks for stopping by and thanks for the good words.

JWP

You didnt let that bitch landlord in did you?
I hate when people come out of the blue. It really pisses me off.

If ANYONE comes to my door i tell them they will have to make an appointment and to call before they come again. God help anyone who doesnt take the hint and gets going.
Door to door salesman, man i give them a hard time. I had one lil indian dude trying to sell me pay TV. Looked like his shit himself.
Cops came one time. I politely told them im busy and im about to go out. I arranged for me to go to the station after i was finnished my bizz.

Dont take no shit from people bro. If the landlord came to my door demanding to come in and check for damage i would tell him where to go and to make an appointment. If he didnt catch my drift after 5 seconds he would be knocked the funk out. I guarantee he would call before coming again

If people want to stick their nose into my life and take up my time they better think twice about what they are doing or they are going to get hurt! Its the Aussie way :smoke:

B

basement420

JWP - No i didn't let him in until he came back a few days later, as a renter I am sure to know my rights and I knew he wasn't allowed to come in without 24hr notice unless an emergency, which this wasn't. I politely asked him to leave and asked him to come back another time as the dog was going nuts and "I had to leave for work". The entire idea of demanding access to check for dog damages was bogus mostly because he said that my pet deposit was too small to cover anything and if she damaged stuff she had to go. I have a legally binding contract with this man that plainly states the dog deposit is only an extra $100. I feel like it is not my problem that he only asked for $100 extra, I should not be scrutinized because he got burned and now wants to reconsider his choice to allow my dog 4 months after I move in. Bottom line with the landlord is that he was just being a grumpy old man, venting at the only dog owning tenant he has. He finally stopped back to check the apartment after 3 days passed after he initially stopped by. The girlfriend keeps this apartment spotless, she is kinda OCD about it, he walked through saw everything was same condition and also that I had made some improvements to the apartment and I haven't even seen him around the apartment complex in about 4 weeks.

B

basement420

crzygirl - I am also waiting to see it full of buds, wont be for a few weeks though as I am going to try to train it so there is actually a bud site for every screen hole, do a true scrog this time.

_Dude

ANOMOS said:
that blows, good luck with setting it up before he comes back.
i used to have a landlord that would just open the door and come in, not even a call, or knock, so i know the woes of landlord visits. so just be happy he isnt one of those. even though it is illegal.
Fucker'd find that tough when I changed the locks.

B

basement420

_dude - Changed the locks with identical ones that are keyed different the first day I moved in. Would have done it even if I wasn't growing purely cause I like my privacy.

oneQ - Thanks, I did some research and I have found that the drain tubes are sucking alot of air with them as they drain into the res so I think that is making the same thing as a venturi happen.

Latest posts

Latest posts