What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Funny Pictures Are Funny

RobFromTX

1713878004179.jpeg

CharlesU Farley

5 dried grams not 1/4 etc forget those metrics rules
5 g is great for someone who is experienced, not so much for someone who's never done mushrooms before. :)

Terrance McKenna:

He also recommended, and often spoke of taking, what he called "heroic doses", which he defined as five grams of dried psilocybin mushrooms, taken alone, on an empty stomach, in silent darkness, and with eyes closed. He believed that when taken this way one could expect a profound visionary experience, believing it is only when "slain" by the power of the mushroom that the message becomes clear.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
5 g is great for someone who is experienced, not so much for someone who's never done mushrooms before. :)

Terrance McKenna:

He also recommended, and often spoke of taking, what he called "heroic doses", which he defined as five grams of dried psilocybin mushrooms, taken alone, on an empty stomach, in silent darkness, and with eyes closed. He believed that when taken this way one could expect a profound visionary experience, believing it is only when "slain" by the power of the mushroom that the message becomes clear.
5 grams opens the door to what the mushrooms are supposed to do. Close your eyes and watch the show. You would not want to go to a movie and be only shown little bits and pieces and not allowed through the doorway. So why do it with psychedelics?

CharlesU Farley

5 grams opens the door to what the mushrooms are supposed to do. Close your eyes and watch the show. You would not want to go to a movie and be only shown little bits and pieces and not allowed through the doorway. So why do it with psychedelics?
Because if you don't have experience with it, it sometimes shows people much more than what they know they already possess.

That can be scary for some people. o_O

Start slow, get your space legs so you learn how you handle psychic adversity, then take the plunge in, where you don't need legs. ;)

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Because if you don't have experience with it, it sometimes shows people much more than what they know they already possess.

That can be scary for some people. o_O

Start slow, get your space legs so you learn how you handle psychic adversity, then take the plunge in, where you don't need legs. ;)
I disagree. People should educate themselves on the subject. Remind themselves they are doing something safe and are not dying. Follow all the set and setting rules. And dive in. I have known a few people that considered themselves experienced after eating small amount of mushrooms or LsD and then send themselves for a ringer by surprise. Mostly because they thought they had a clue what they the potential was. Even worse they share with others and tell them how chill it is then someone freaks out and neither knows what to do. If you tell them upfront what they may be in for and explain that trying to "handle" themselves is the wrong approach. These substances have things to show us and the best way to see is looking at it head on.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Also. I'll try to keep it out of the funny pictures thread after this.

I the recent report on psilocybin from Stanford University they found microdosing to be mostly placebo effect and much more evidence that larger doses provided the more lasting and profound positive effects.

Obviously be careful and aware of preexisting loose screws. But you also might tighten a few.

CharlesU Farley

I disagree. People should educate themselves on the subject. Remind themselves they are doing something safe and are not dying. Follow all the set and setting rules. And dive in. I have known a few people that considered themselves experienced after eating small amount of mushrooms or LsD and then send themselves for a ringer by surprise. Mostly because they thought they had a clue what they the potential was. Even worse they share with others and tell them how chill it is then someone freaks out and neither knows what to do. If you tell them upfront what they may be in for and explain that trying to "handle" themselves is the wrong approach. These substances have things to show us and the best way to see is looking at it head on.
I don't disagree with anything you're saying, only the dosages, and that's what kind of started this. You can try to explain it and watn/inform people about the possible consequences, but when you're 5 g's deep in a mushroom experience, at least the ones that I've done, you _ain't_ going to remember shit about what some human told you. :)

"These substances have things to show us and the best way to see is looking at it head on."

You may be a Millennial, I don't know, and I have traditionally have an exceedingly difficult time effectively communicating with anyone who's under 40 to 50 years old. So this person that you're going to see now may not mean shit to you, but the two people in this video, Owsley Stanley and Melissa Cargill have done more intense, _supremely_ high dose LSD and this was their experience.

If you're bored or impatient and don't want to watch the whole 3 minutes, fast forward to the the one minute mark for the point I'm trying to make. Without these two people, all of the '60s and most assuredly psychedelic exploration, would never have happened. And everything you see on a high dose psychedelic trip is real, you're just able to perceive it in a way you have never been able to before:

CharlesU Farley

Also. I'll try to keep it out of the funny pictures thread after this.

I the recent report on psilocybin from Stanford University they found microdosing to be mostly placebo effect and much more evidence that larger doses provided the more lasting and profound positive effects.

Obviously be careful and aware of preexisting loose screws. But you also might tighten a few.
Me too, but good discussion.(y)

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I don't disagree with anything you're saying, only the dosages, and that's what kind of started this. You can try to explain it and watn/inform people about the possible consequences, but when you're 5 g's deep in a mushroom experience, at least the ones that I've done, you _ain't_ going to remember shit about what some human told you. :)

"These substances have things to show us and the best way to see is looking at it head on."

You may be a Millennial, I don't know, and I have traditionally have an exceedingly difficult time effectively communicating with anyone who's under 40 to 50 years old. So this person that you're going to see now may not mean shit to you, but the two people in this video, Owsley Stanley and Melissa Cargill have done more intense, _supremely_ high dose LSD and this was their experience.

If you're bored or impatient and don't want to watch the whole 3 minutes, fast forward to the the one minute mark for the point I'm trying to make. Without these two people, all of the '60s and most assuredly psychedelic exploration, would never have happened. And everything you see on a high dose psychedelic trip is real, you're just able to perceive it in a way you have never been able to before:

I'll be 49 on Saturday. At work at the moment but I'll definitely watch later if I haven't seen already. Not much that bear has recorded or written that I am not already familiar with.

Thanks

Latest posts

Latest posts