What's new

FRIENDinDEED's: SUPERSILVER HAZE/ NYCD REDUX!!!

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
whiskeytango420 -yeah they look so fuckin fat!! i am tryin a early pick, just a asmall branch to get a feel for what it tastes like. i picked it at lights off, turned on that green light and got descent frosty one. smooth as hell in the beginning and then harsh at the end, so its there, just need to let it runs her sourse . thanks for the good vibes

DocPouceVert - thanks cat, i try my best to get the best grow possible but using organics. those MRN/SSH grows that ive seen are more branchy and have more even leveled tops, where as the GHS/SSH, is more like a christmas tree, and thats what i have going on , is that christmas tree type plant.

yo yall, i had the pleasure of having sesh with another real grower ARTOFMAKINGFIRE. for me it was well needed and looked forward to, since i really dont knwo any other growers that grow for the same reasons that i/ we do and thats to get the best smoke possible. so far all i met were copout's, ontimer's, ifer's, wannabe's and idiots, until i met up with that cat FIRE and ART.

truly gracious host, real true dude man. we sampled some cheese, and i think it was the dabney blue too (i think). i was gifted some cheese to try for later and decided id show a cat i know at work. he sniffs it and doesnt stop sniffing it and then says, "hey you never said to stop sniffing it".

so he begged me for a nug, so all i can say is that .5 for 10 aint a bad deal seeing as how he wasnt supposed to get any AT ALL!!! blazzin on the cheese right now, and some of what i chopped down of my own earlier, just a taster nug and in high as fuck!!! once again!!!

got some cuts of THE WHITE, DABNEY BLUE, and UK CHEESE. hes a true connesiuer by collecting some of the most sought after and rare strains that are cuts only -shit im surprised ive gotten to that level to say "I" was able to get cut only strains, go figure?!?!- and that is star power.

*good lookin out on the cuts dude, lord knows my palette needs that flavor.

so ive got an angle on some afghani seeds form a friend who can qualify as a "sometimey" grower. shes got these seeds from canada and whats teh market priceof $60 for the 10 pack. sounds fair to me so know all i gotta do is hound her and make sure she looks for them!! (seeds - the way to nuggalicious rewards, and this chick "cant find them" :spank: )

anyway yall thats it for now, im soaring right now, and that cheese allows me to be high and function at work and be in a state of zen.

8remember yall, keep your heads up about your problems, cause they will get better eventually and your not the only one going through it, everyone's got their cross to bare.

peace and blessin's

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
THE CAB

THE CAB

OK PEOPLES, 2 DAYS INTO WEEK 9!! WERE COMING IN TO THE HOME STRETCH SOON!!

just some random shots of the garden enjoy. . .

and here is my ORANGE BUD in all its splendor i was gonna chop it down at week 8 but after i plucked the leaves and didnt water for about a week the bitch decided to get frosty on me so on more week it i!!!. . .

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
THE CLONES

THE CLONES

well since i last showed you all my clone part of the cab, it was in some what of a disarray , but i have since cleaned up bit, not to mention i was gonna have some new kiddies needing a home.

so for comparison sake, here's some shots of the old way things were setup. . .

and what its setup to now (left, right). . .

since the lights are in the middle of the cab, i decided to borrow teh light setup from my flower cab and apply it to my clone sect. so bigger plants on the outside and cuts and smaller clones on the inside.

on the left side you have some ORANGE BUD ready to go and the left are SUPER SILVER HAZE at the ready as well.. . .

the ones in the middle are some newly arrived cuts that i was most graciously appreciative of receiving (in other words, my game just got stepped up CRAZY!!!)
there are 5x U.K. CHEESE, 3X DABNEY BLUE and 2x THE WHITE

what im gonna do from now on is have the bigger ones that are ready for the flower chamber on the outside and the younger cuts and clones in the middle. everything is gonna get pushed to the outside the closer it gets to time for them to flower.

it also utilizes that light setup i have in there to the best of its ability, the taller plants get light at the same time while concentrating the light towards the middle, giving the smaller plants a good amount of light and the center of it stays on the fresh cuts.

i was gonna add another row of lights but from what ive seen of this rearrangement all i would need to do is add two more lights for those far ends and then i would be able to hold alot more cuts/clones more comfortably and efficiently.

well till next time. . . .

:rasta:

Hey Friend, everything looks good man, keep it up! Just a question for you.... I have a flowering chamber and veg chamber in a cabinet.... if I open the door 1/2 way the HPS light comes out of the cab... anyway, since my veg chamber is all CFLs, would it be a good idea to get plants im getting ready to flower a little used to the HPS light? Like bring them into the flowering area for a couple hours a day prior to me actually flowering them? Take care and keep up the green thumbs, Ill be watching!

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
smokesalot420 said:
Hey Friend, everything looks good man, keep it up! Just a question for you.... I have a flowering chamber and veg chamber in a cabinet.... if I open the door 1/2 way the HPS light comes out of the cab... anyway, since my veg chamber is all CFLs, would it be a good idea to get plants im getting ready to flower a little used to the HPS light? Like bring them into the flowering area for a couple hours a day prior to me actually flowering them? Take care and keep up the green thumbs, Ill be watching!

i totally understand what your thinking , but there is no real need to get tehm used to the light either way they are gonna love it as long as its strong then the plants will really be able to do their thing.

i was reading a thread the other day about UVB light/where we can get it/ what it does, and it was interesting to learn that UVB light increases the resin sites on a plant. so if a plant were to have 60-70 resin gland sites on one area of the plant, with the UVB light added it would have about 80-100. now im not saying that the numbers are factual but its to give you an idea of how the light affects the plants.

we get UVB from our MH lights, so it would seem that if you were able to get both spectrum's in your grow especially during flower, then that would do you a better justice than using one spectrum, BUT if thats what your pockets can handle then its ok. the first grow i did was with HPS alone and WHOOO HOO!!! i dont think i was short changed at all!!lol

besides you really wanna K.I.S.S., and although they may be small, you dont wanna have to travel or move your plants if you dont need, not only for ease but security as well. keeping them under those floros are gonna keep them nice and tight when its time to flower them. jsut remember to keep the lights as close to the plants as possible and go full spectrum if you can. with both the red and blue spectrums in your flowering area, youll have the benefit of mroe resin glands with the MH and stronger sugar and starch cell production for those resin glands in the HPS.

Last edited:

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
mixin said:
damn your shit is looking good!!!
well cat , if my shit is lookin good then your shit is lookin phenominal!!! thanks for droppin in man, and those NYCD do look so nice. my NYCD bagseed arent turnin out the way i would have hoped them to, but im gonna keep tryin.

somethings gotta turn up somewhere outta all those beans!! lol

mjcuresall

Hey FiD. I like your style-- always a plan in the works and never let a mishap get the best of you. I plan on doing an SSH grow in '09.

Glad your cab's working out for you. Your girls look great too. Keep it green, man. Peace.

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
mjcuresall said:
Hey FiD. I like your style-- always a plan in the works and never let a mishap get the best of you. I plan on doing an SSH grow in '09.

Glad your cab's working out for you. Your girls look great too. Keep it green, man. Peace.

yessir, yessir always thinking ahead for the next thing that may come down the pike!!!

holla at me when you get started. remember they take about 11 or so weeks. im still doing investigative research on the lineage of my plants/beans but i am just gonna go with them being from GHS since they dont look anything like what MR NICE has put out buy a long shot.

theres some sort of leaf curling going on now near the tops. i noticed this with the last run i did with these, so now im more confident that it may be along the lines of a strain charcteristic during its late flowering stage, when its coming to and end.

no discoloration, jsut leaves curling into themselves and crispy. two of teh tops are close to the lights but its happening to all of them, well see what happens though.

lattah

mjcuresall

I plan to start a grow thread in the next week or two with what I got going now. Got to do some research on the variations of SSH out there. Cocktail Frank swears by Romulator's SSH, but I don't know if that's clone-only.

I saw that leaf curling in the pics you posted in the tristate thread. I thought that was a possible sign of high temps, no? (Sometimes that's a problem for me.) Considering they're doing fine otherwise, I guess the last thing you want right now is to find the temps are in the high range.

Only a couple more weeks, right? Best wishes for a bumper crop, but it looks like you'll have no problem!

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
mjcuresall said:
I plan to start a grow thread in the next week or two with what I got going now. Got to do some research on the variations of SSH out there. Cocktail Frank swears by Romulator's SSH, but I don't know if that's clone-only.

I saw that leaf curling in the pics you posted in the tristate thread. I thought that was a possible sign of high temps, no? (Sometimes that's a problem for me.) Considering they're doing fine otherwise, I guess the last thing you want right now is to find the temps are in the high range.

Only a couple more weeks, right? Best wishes for a bumper crop, but it looks like you'll have no problem!
now that you mention it, it could be due to high temps, since the lights are closest to those top buds. the good part about it is that i have about a week left so its all good, at some point this week, i have to take those main leaves off of the other bud branches and feed one more time.

then its dry and cure. i want to put up two 2x4's on either side of the cab at some point, more than likely during lights off, so i can put up those eyelette hooks and string. i am gonna dry them in the same cab as well. ive been on the hunt for another small fan but o no availe, so i may have to detach the large oscillating fan we have and just leave it in there, maybe ont directly blowing on the buds but close enough to get that breeze going across the hanging branches

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
Ho, Ho, Ho....stoppin' by to wish ya' a happy holiday brotha! Peace.

K

kallenavndk

FRIENDinDEED said:
OK PEOPLES, 2 DAYS INTO WEEK 9!! WERE COMING IN TO THE HOME STRETCH SOON!!

just some random shots of the garden enjoy. . .

and here is my ORANGE BUD in all its splendor i was gonna chop it down at week 8 but after i plucked the leaves and didnt water for about a week the bitch decided to get frosty on me so on more week it i!!!. . .

Not just random shots its great shots of them lovely girls of yours....Merry xmas m8 ....

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
Tonatiuh, accessndx, kallenavndk- hey fellas and happy holidays to you guys as well!!!!!

sorry people, but thigns are always crazy for me around these times, as it is when my children come to visit me, and all eyes are on them. but i always manage to get a sec in on here but this time , we have been havin way too much fun.

i guess they are getting accustomed to coming out here, and my daughter and my step daughter are getting along alot better for the most part.

i just came in from teh closet and teh tallest ones were tipping over!!! lmao OMG i cant wait until i harvest these ladies. ive already said that im keeping the tops for myself no matter what!!! the rest will be "fenagled" but i am gonna keep the lions share this time around. i was gonna do teh money thing , but eh, i got a second job for that, so why not enjoy life huh?

ill be back with pics of teh plants and my process. i also have to put up some 2x4's on either side of the closet so i can hang the plants up. will get back with those pics as well.

well happy belated holidays to all and see ya in a sec. . .

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
johnyhash said:
Looking good buddy. I heard you mention one last feeding. Do you feed till the end?
nah not till the end. the last feeding i give is the second to last week before chop day. ive noticed that doing this, there is some yellowing that occurs, so nutes are totally being used up. since i grow organic a good portion of my nites are already in the soil.

i figure what will happen is if i stop watering then there are no nutes to take up and the plants go into survival mode. well i wanted to give them the 48hrs in the dark but "due to an agreed deadline" (ahhh, you gotta love marriage! lol) i was only able to give 36hrs, and i still think it worked out though.

glad you stopped by!! happy holidays and new year!!!

Last edited:

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
THE CAB

THE CAB

PRE CHOP DAY!!!

***ok folks here we are at teh end!!! its been real and i loved every second of it as usual. i wanted to post these pics a couple of days ago, but time wouldnt allow me to, so here is every thing one shot!!!

these are the plants after i picked off the rest of , or all of what i could pick off, the fan leaves on the side branches. . .

the ORANGE BUD taster that i grew. nice lil plant though! seems to be about an ounce or more to it. . .

and a few more of the girls. . .

and this is what i have left in the realm of fan leaves. have it next to a 2gl bucket so you can better see whats what. .

next up!!! picks of me prepping the area for chopping and drying!!! stay tuned. . . :rasta:

Latest posts

Latest posts