What's new

FRIENDinDEED's: SUPERSILVER HAZE/ NYCD REDUX!!!

FRIENDinDEED

A FRIEND WITH WEED IS A . . .
Veteran
chubbynugs said:
What are the temps getting too in in your grow area?
:badday: these weather mongers, are expecting temps to hit in the high 90's if not maybe a hundred. and i hve nochance/loot toget an AC unit not even a small one.

i was talkign to ArtOFMakingFire and im thinking that maybe ill have to wait unitl winter to do anything. i am running my cab with the dors open,and its still not helping!

it also has alot ot do with clone selection to, but only this time around. last time i took some clones, they wree kinda small and puny ,, but they took. reason being, i think is because it was cooler, the rapidrooters had alot of nutes/ rooting hormones in them and i pu tthem in cups of soil like you see here
11589101_0357-med.jpg

temps back then wer in the 70's to low 60's at times , so i was good then

but now, its just a heat rat race, ane theres no way in hell that larger cab is gonna survive without an AC unit o some sort. the wife was gettin upset cause i was talking about briinging things inside for the time being, and that was an agreed upon no no.

so i may just end up having to move things somewhere else where i can get teh power of an AC going if i want to see any sort of growth this year, and mind you i said growth no t even flowering!! may have to mount the carbon scrubber at the end of the end of the cooltube and then have the blower pulling in and then blowing everything out (intake-->scrubber-->cooltube-->blower-->outake)

but oh well, ill jus thave to see how shit goes. i thermometer/hygrometer thingy, and i honestly dont even want to put that shitup, causeif i see 90 or better, i may just call this shit a day for now, take care of the moms, and then take clones when it gets cooler.

only thing illl have to look forward to after that is nugs and jugs :rasta: , maybe hangin with AOMF on the off chance :rasta: , and waiting for fucking winter until i can take some clones and be able to flower anything :badday: .

or i may just move evrything and that way ill have a fighting chance atleast all the time. well see how shit goes yall, if some of these clones root, ill have a fighitng chance but if not. . . . . .. :badday: . . .. we'll see

ARTofMAKINGfire

Grinding extra.
Veteran
I would try and make an investment of a cheap window unit. You could easily whip something up and have it cool you box only. This might cost you $150-$200. But if you looked at like an investment...

Cause you'd either save that much from bud you don't gotta buy, or you could sell a little come harvest. And then you could run it all year long...

http://www.pcrichard.com/catalog/product.jsp?modelNo=WG5005&CMP=KNC-Google-Hot-Deals&s_kwcid=window%20ac|1422448426&gclid=CM2x5smW85QCFRKpxgodiEQerA

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/productDetail.do?oid=171010&om_keycode=4

Those are both under $100.

5000 BTU is more than enough. Just build, with wood, a support bracket and cut a hole the exact size of the AC in your cab. Weatherstrip around it and install the AC right in there like it's the window. That bitch won't let stinky air escape because window unit's are closed air circulation systems...

So all's you need is a little know how, some wood, screws, and tools. I think you got that. Go cop a AC!

chubbynugs

Registered Pothead
Veteran
ARTofMAKINGfire said:
I would try and make an investment of a cheap window unit. You could easily whip something up and have it cool you box only. This might cost you $150-$200. But if you looked at like an investment...

Cause you'd either save that much from bud you don't gotta buy, or you could sell a little come harvest. And then you could run it all year long...

http://www.pcrichard.com/catalog/product.jsp?modelNo=WG5005&CMP=KNC-Google-Hot-Deals&s_kwcid=window%20ac|1422448426&gclid=CM2x5smW85QCFRKpxgodiEQerA

5000 BTU is more than enough. Just build, with wood, a support bracket and cut a hole the exact size of the AC in your cab. Weatherstrip around it and install the AC right in there like it's the window. That bitch won't let stinky air escape because window unit's are closed air circulation systems...

So all's you need is a little know how, some wood, screws, and tools. I think you got that. Go cop a AC!
Yeah i took a sacrifice on some personal smoke to buy an ac system for my room. Shit was hitting the hundreds in my hut now it stays 72. The benefits outweigh the cost.

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
ARTofMAKINGfire said:

yeah we did talk about it, and im thinking i maay just have to do that, but at the same time i can have it cool the bigger closet and the smaller one aswell with the proper venting.

but i was thinking about having the AC a the bottom of the big cab and then l run the venting fron teh top to the other one, i think one AC should be able to keep things pretty cool and i more than likely could also have my light open (ballast would/will be outside of the box) and have it cool the whole space. the air going into the small cab wouldnt be as cool as fresh out air, but it would be enough to cool some floros i think.

and i only have 70HPS in there with the momsbut i could alwasy remove the ballas to the outside, i should have done that from teh beginning but the mom section is fine, its just where my clone/seed chamber is that gets hot as all fuck and i need to cool it somehow for the sake of clone survival.

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
chubbynugs said:
Yeah i took a sacrifice on some personal smoke to buy an ac system for my room. Shit was hitting the hundreds in my hut now it stays 72. The benefits outweigh the cost.

your right about that, last havrvest i was able to get rid of 2 onions, but bought very lil equipment and the rest went to bills.

but i have a NYSD seed that popped , so im hoping all goes well with here. i found some mystery seeds, but i put them in color baggies when i have so i can reember that it wasnt just any ordinary weed that that seed came from!! lol

ill pop them both and see whats what, since i wanna pop some more SSH beans anyway, had to get rid of some of what was in teh mom section since there werent shoing any signs of sex and i was bending plants here and there, and teh ORANGE BUD can get some more light and start busting out. gotta take some clones from her too!!!

ill check with my dad maybe he has somehting lying around that i could use, you know tenants come and go and hes a fuckin pack rat!! lmao

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
whassup cats!!!

been real busy in the garden lately, just cuttin clones and gettin things together with the bigger closet. i finally got the front of it on, and i still have to get the electrical wired in.

having a time deciding on how i wanna wire it though. trying to figure out should i just wire everything to one side/ back wall so that it would be easier to take down and put up? or should i have an outlet on each wall and put the rest of them on the top of the cab? opinions are welcome as i have time to get this done in.

i took a hiatus, cause this heat is really kickin my ass, and as i posted somewhere else, i cant get my hands on an AC right now. money is real tight right now and i think my dad may have one but who knows. but i am learning as i go and i am gonna make sure that this type of shit does not happen to me again!!! i thought things would get better in time, especially once the my kids went back after summer vacation, but it hit me harder than i thought, so this time once i put my hustler hat on, its gotta stay on for the duration, ya feel me?

i missed out on the NUGS&JUGS:VEGAS affair but i do plan to get to the next one when it happens. i really dont see something as necessary as that type of event stopping anytime soon.

got a friend going to canada soon, so i might see what can come of that trip seed wise and get some genetics other than what i have.

ArtOfMakingFire is a cool dude, but gettin in contact with that cat is a bitch, but hey if hes that busy then more power to him cause busy hands make money so i gots nothing but love for that cat, but i gotsta keep it rollin!! maybe meet up with someone else from the nugs and jugs thing in the mean time.

then there are other growers that i know of, so i may just have to get them into a collective of my own and gt my own club going. i guess i just dont have the fears everyone else around me does about growing. like i dsicussed with AOMF once your convicted about growing, thats pretty much all you need.

PLANT UPDATE:
anyway, i took a massive amount of clones, from the SSH i think about 30+ in all; the NYSD hasn't been so kind to me though, since its bag seed i guess im gonna have to go through the motions with it there is one seedling that made it into a 3" plant thats doing really well so hopefully that's the one; the ORANGE BUD clone that was gifted me is doing really well too, just waitin for that shit to really pop so i can take some clones from it and really get it going. i think with those two in my arsenal for now, i am pretty good. i have a cataloge from DUTCH PASSION that describes the THC ratios of their strains, and orange bud is pretty up there. because of that catalogue i may just order from some stuff from DP and GREENHOUSE SEEDS

ill start to keep the posts coming though, since i think things are starting to get dialed in, gettin on here and posting things will help keep my up to date with my own progress, and let it be the diary i want it to be. hopefully iu can help some others to grow aswell through my expereinces.

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
ist been crazy but since things werent goin right , i tend to get introverted, self reflective and contemplative tryin to figure shit out. in the midst of everything i decided to try an old stand by with a lil twist and it seemed to have worked.

CLONES
i took one of my mom plants and had to top it, since it was growing past the lights best it could, placed it in a cup of perilite (no holes) with a solution of superthrive (per directions)/KLN liquid rooting hormone (DYNAGROW)*(added dbl per. gl. than what was suggested)/pH with vinegar and a half a tsp of molasses. once i saw the perilite was dropping below the lip of the cup i knew it was time to top of with more of the solution.

the top really didn't show any new growth but didnt show any signs of deficiency either of being in its new environment, i think it was two weeks when i got tired of waiting for something to show and pulled it out of teh solution it was in. . .low and behold roots!!!!! :jump:

i have topped all of my moms and am going to use the same method. i ended up having to take some unexpected clones since i had to give the stems of the cuts some room to sit in the solution so i did the same thing with them; perilite, the solution and a dome as per JJScorpios instructions/advice

MOMS
since my cutting of the tops i have decided to give the remaining moms to a friend of mine who has a oh so sweet crop of SSH two weeks away from harvest!!!! i snagged a nice quarter oz. branch when i went to go see his garden. for his first time in soil, he did a damned fine job. the fungus gnats took a toll on his ass, but he made it!!! lmao

he also managed to get some bagseed impregnated with the SSH male pollen. they smelled really nice, kinds fruity with a lil stink to em. i told him they are gonna need some more time, definitely a indica with those dark fat leaves, so even his bag seed should be potent as well.

FLOWER CAB
i have drilled the holes for the fan and the wiring for the ballast; put up the outlet boxes and al li have to do is wire it up. still have to vacuum it out and paint, but that will take about a hour max. looking at it though. ive gotta put some holes in teh bottom for ventilation.

ill copy the same design i used for the veg cab (air intake is holes drilled at the bottom of the cab) but what im gonna do is use some 1' pvc connectors i have, link them together at the bottom and put some putty around the holes so no water can leak out when i water the plants

***GOOD NEWS***
1. got that rebate check that everyone was promised and have a little breathin room now financially. so i got to my dads, to collect my mail, walk into my old room and what do i see. .. .the fuckin AC that I bought with MY own money and have/had every right to sittin right in the window!!! :jump: so just when i thought i was gonna shell out loot for a cheap AC i find i already fuckin have/had one :jump: . now mind you i do feel like an ass for not remembering that shit, but a cat had a lot on his mind ya heard!

2. got a good cat at work to see the light about growing his own!!! he ordered a system the other day, from some company in the HT mag i gave him. hes a rasta and everytime we talked about it, he kept tellin me about how "he only smokes black and green". . . :nono: . . . so of course i had to go into the debate with him (strain variation, what it takes to breed and find truly good genetics) and will be giving him some of that SSH nug i snagged from my homeboy.

3. more and more peeps i meet always "know someone in canada" so that might be where i get my DP seeds from; my homeboy also has an angle on some AK47 beans!!! :jump: i already told him that all i want is three of 'em and ill work it out from there. so between having SUPERSILVER HAZE, ORANGE BUD, NYSD and AK47 i will definitely be on the map soon enough!!! so then that means im gonna havta build that MOM/VEG cab really soon.

i think im gonna post the MSpaint drawings of the new VEG/MOM cab as i go, that way it can help some one else out that may need it.defintely learned alot from this last build though, so this new cab is gonna be the shit.

***the batteries are dead in the old digi cam so pics are coming tomorrow

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
CLONES

CLONES

CLONES
so here we have them in all their splendor, i have since had to separate them though. the last time i did this i said i was gonna mark the ones that were from what plant to make sure what was female was and the others could get the chop soon after. i decide to take some clones from an unidentified plant only to have it rear its ugly lil balls and thus had to separate the fems, from the boys. the domes were per JJ's advice. there were some that didnt make it though :badday:

heres my new smaller cloning concept in action with and without the dome. all it is, is perilite with all those nutes i mentioned b4. the cuts in here came from the topping of my mom plants, oh and that smaller cut aaaaaall the way over by its lonesome is an ORANGE BUD clone. i figured it take one and see how well it does

and here is the way it all started!!! the one on the left in the first pic is the one i did first, sorry i didn't have the ability to take pics of the roots b4 i planted it, but it seems to be doing great!!and there are all of my mom clones in the original concept after the blue cup on the left of course.

who said you cant do amazing things with these lights AND with so few!!!

Last edited:

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
MOMS

MOMS

MOMS
the moms are doing really great as well especially after being topped. that one droopy one is a temperamental lil bitch but as soon as she gets fed she perks right up, but all in all i love this SSH strain!!

here is my ORANGE BUD clone in all her glorious splendor, i tell you it sure has come a long way and is healthy as an OX!!

and the NYSD i am waiting to show me a llil cleavage so i can go ahead and get to choppin on her aswell!!! its a nice rigid plant vigorous as well, but its still sitting the wrong way with me, so ill have to wait and see

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
THE 4X4

THE 4X4

THE FLOWER CAB

heres a shot of it up and painted. i didnt do a bang up job because i am gonna be depending on the mylar to do the majority of the reflecting

my hood is not so much of a new build as it is a clean up job. i made it more like the ones ive seen online. the jagged edges were a real turn off, so i took the air nibbler to it and viola!!! we have nice clean edges and i don't have to worry about getting my fucking neck sliced!!! only thing i have left to do is drill two holes on either end to hang it by. Ive noticed with other that they hang mainly by those metal hooks that they all come with, so im gonna find a white wire hanger, cut it, bend it and drill the holes so it can hang properly

my electrical was the most tricky for me though and took some thought. i wanted to be able to plug different things into different places regarding the height and length of the cords they came with. i didnt want to do a classical electricians job, so i just prewired everything together i left enough room for me to drill the boxes into the back wall of the cab

i cant wait until tomorrow when i pick up that ballast!!! i called and priced a 400MH ballast (just the raw ballast) and will be adding it to the cab for further light stability, i figured id be able to put two bulbs under the hood if i were to move that long strap, that the base housing is fastened to, back a lil and use the same setup for the 400MH. ill be putting up a dual three prong outlet with the tabs pulled off to give me that separate outlet space that i need for the lamps.

and dont forget my baby!!! cant WAIT to put this thing back to use!!! it worked like a dream for the last cab, BUT i hav been thinking of a redesign, who knows, we'll see

Last edited:

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
THE LIFE

THE LIFE

OTHER DAILY GOINGS ON
well i think i told you guy s about that bud/branch i got from my boy, it looks pretty good, but this cam does not do it justice. the crystals are there but no potency as of yet. i then looked at it under the microscope and those trichs are not even near cloudy. he said he gave a properly dried nug to someone and they said it was the best they ever had. . . no disrespect to my boy but :jerkit: , i smoked that shit and thought i was coming down with emphezema or some shit!! it tasted totally vegetables and there was no evident high at all. i smoked this thing in the middle of the street and got not one look!!

this is the nug i sampled. it has seeds due to his intentions

well since this posting i have dried the rest of the branch in the oven in hopes of having something remnant of what i grew to smoke but well see. i dont wanna sound like a shit about it, but despite everything else, he has done a good job.

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
FUCKING WOW
that bud that i got from my boy just reminds me of my crop that i had come in. he took my advice and this crop went to mainly makin' seeds!! although the batch he grew isnt too seedy , its enough to keep him in crop after crop for some time to come. and as usual the SSH always leaves me smiling then knocked on my ass. my boy really doesnt smoke too much ans was relyin' on others to test his smoke for him. at the time it was still wet ,a dn i got nothing, but once it really dried, it knocked me on my ass!!!

i was tellin him that he had to smoke his own, it would be a travesty if he didnt, he agreed and we both went to get something to eat giggling all the way

there was some bag seed that he was growing aswell that got pollinated by the SSH male and that shit was seedy as all to be damned!! lol it was a definite indica, and i guess it shoudl produce some descent smoke. i quick dried a seedy nug and it didnt have any real potency to speak of. i took some seeds and am gonna get a mom or two growing and see what happens

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
THE CAB

THE CAB

THE CAB

ok, things are lookin up and ive got the necessary power in there now. the blower is mounted and ready to go, ballasts are all wired up and ready to go, i really cant wait!!!

the only concern i have is will the timer interfere with the power going to the light bulb i have the ballasts plugged into their own power source so they would constantly stay on ( god i wish i had more loot so i could build another cab and a flip/flop) but the timer is inbetween the ballast and the bulb. it shoudl be ok, i will be testing it out tomorrow though.

the door still has to go on and that shouldnt take too long

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
THE MOMS

THE MOMS

the moms are doing ok, just keeping them watered and trimmed is all.

im thinking about taking the main stems from this one and growing them out into moms, there seems to be about 3-4 good tops that i can get from it; the smaller stems are good enough to clone aswell, nice lil bushy tops!! down below

this is the ORANGE BUD clone i was given that has now officially gotten to mom height/status. took some cuts teh other day to put into the bubble cloner i put together. the smaller plant infront is the other half of a topped plant, i just repotted it so it should be taking off real soon. more and more clones on the way!!!

this is the topped part of an original mom plant. i took the rest of it for clones and figured i would just replant it since it was getting too big for the veg part of the cab

and here is the NYSD seed i popped a while ago, out of the fifteen or so i planted. its a lil too early to get my hopes up but it seems to be a fem. the plant behind it is one that i topped as well that was getting too high, but i have yet to repot it. it just seems to be root bound and needs to be taken care of to take more clones from, damned healthy plant otherwise though

Last edited:

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
THE CLONES

THE CLONES

this is seriously where i have been my most busy!! jsut watching things and making new things to help me out. trial and error and such. well lets start with the bubble cloner i just made

so far ive got 11 x ORANGE BUD; 3 X SSH mom tops; 1 x SSH clone. things seem to be going well with it. i got the "TO GO" food trays from target, and painted the tops and bottom black and then just the tops white. ive been checking for any sort of build up but nothing so far. i figured id be safe with something that was made for food

here are some mom tops that im trying to root, the two on the right are doing ok, but that one on the left is being areal pain in the ass. the one in the front middle is the SSH clone i took

the one infront is another mom top that got some roots on it and is ready to grow. that ORANGE BUD clone is not doing too well, but i think it will come around any day now. the others are recently rooted clones that are gonna be used for my second SSH run. i am really hoping that the ORANGE BUD and maybe even some NYSD clones will be able to make it into the third run. but if anything i would want the third run to be all ORANGE BUD and teh nthe fourth to be NYSD god willin' !!

well teh updates are gonna flow thats for sure. ive actually got some peeps on here lookin toward my grow for advice so gotta keeps things up to date!
:rasta:

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
heya FID.....nice mums.....nice bubble cloner u got there also.....kit..........MOneY

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
THE CAB

THE CAB

wow, all i have to say is wow. dont get me wrong, i designed it, built it, wired it and all that, but it looks alot better than what i thought it would be, to me anyway.

well here is the magnificent 12!!! already responding to the 400MH. i bullshit you not when i tell you that i have seen atleast a 1/2" of growth since i put them in there.

if im not misteaken though its been atleast 24hrs aswell so yeah, i guess your gonna see a response. already set the timer to 18/6 so once that kicks in its gonna be crazy i just know it!!!

and here is my masterpiece!! the dual 400MH/HPS!!! I fired them both up once everything was wired and be damned if it wasnt like looking at the sun!! lol, this things is gonna produce some nice fat thick buds for sure!

my old trusty friend keeping things in order

and a new friend i whipped up the other day! a $4.50 33" watering wand (walmart), a $10 - 195pgh water pump (harbourfrieght), a $5 homedepot bucket and that 1/2" black tubing that HD sells. a grommet from past projects and there you have it!! instant automated watering can!!

ofcourse the vacant 3gl soil bags, just itchign to have something growing inside of them,

well i guess the flowering pics are to be next, but ill update with more pics while they are in veg ofcourse!!

peace till next update
:rasta:

FRIENDinDEED

Veteran
MOneYMiKe said:
heya FID.....nice mums.....nice bubble cloner u got there also.....kit..........MOneY
keep track pimpin, its only gonna get crazier!!! i just saw about the nugs and jugs thing and how they closed the thread!?!?? cant believe that man!!

so whats up with the FUCKEM crew? i aint been over there in a while and ART is the hardest bastard to get/keep in contact with!!