What's new

First grow Thai Sativa with photos.

PG-191

Thanks cristoph! If they root,I'll put em up on the jiffy challenge!

Can't wait for your photos,I'll def check em out.

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
Welcome hrpuffnkush!
Thanks for the feedback!
I'm thinking of going 12/12 tomorrow with lights out at 6 am and on again at 6pm,does that sound alright?

Maybe you wana check out a little DJ short info.. he has Thai's dialed in!
i would LOVE to get some Thai seeds and flower them under a
13/11 , Dj mentioned "sativas" express different traits under a longer flower cycle

Written by DJ Short :
Inducing Sativa

After many years of first-hand experience breeding herb indoors as well as outdoors, I am of the opinion that the two most influential factors involving phenotypic variation and expression among current indoor herb breeding projects are the photoperiod (hours of light per day) and the angle of light in relationship to the growing plant.

Specifically, I find the single most powerful influence to the Indica dominant phenotype is the traditional 18/6 veggie cycle and 12/12 flowering cycle. The 18/6 veggie and 12/12 flower cycle is an attempt, however poor, to mimic the Indica-producing photoperiod. It is my belief that this light cycle strongly influences for Indica phenotypic expression.

Sativa phenotype characteristics will manifest under a more equatorial photoperiod, closer to a 13/11 veggie cycle and an 11/13 flower cycle. This is the light timing range to use to elicit more Sativa dominant expression from your plants.

As for the exact photoperiod formula that I incorporate into my growing/breeding regime, this will presently remain a trade secret. My advice is to experiment with different photoperiods, keep good notes and pay attention. Avoid the 18/6 and 12/12 photoperiods, while tweaking the times a bit differently with each breeding cycle until more desirable results in the finished product and their offspring are noted. Here's a hint: work in half-hour increments or a little less, and good luck!

PG-191

Thanks for the info hrpuffnkush.

I put them into 12/12 at 8 am today instead of 6am and lights come on again at 8pm. Wonder how they're taking to the first hours of dark. I'll have to wait til lights on to check up on them again.

PG-191

I'll snap a couple of shots of each plant when I check on them later.

Btw, should i mist the clones come lights on later? I'm pretty sure the jiffy pot is still soaked from yesterday,just wondering if the clones need more moisture at this time.

kips0n

Mmm looks good my friend :) but what water pH you have? ;] and you use mineral water or Distilled water or maybe tap water?

i want try DWC but dont have pH meter ;< maybe in future ;) good luck ;>

PG-191

Thanks kips0n. I still haven't been able to get a PH test kit,so I don't know what my PH is. I've been using 1.5litres of RO water with 3 drops of schultz liquid plant food since day 7. First week was just RO water.

Good luck with the DWC! I'll be here rooting for ya!

lol, clones, lol, rooting for you, hahaha, good joke :D

i think the goal for clones is to keep the foliage cool, and the root mass warm, for optimum root growth, and no plant necrosis. just a little tip :p heard it somewhere.

also, i wouldent suggest misting them too much, they are delicate. but im unsure about this, as ive only read about clone care, first hand would definitly help.

cant wait for pics man!

christoph.

PG-191

LOL! I was honestly just saying iw as rooting for him,I really wasn't trying to crack a joke. Just realized that when you mentioned the connection.haha. :D

I'll be able to get pictures when I check on the clones when the lights come on later.Also if they look like they need it,I'll mist lightly.

its always best too listen to your plants :p i knew you hadent made the connection, so i made it for you, and everyone :p quite hillarious :D

PG-191

Yessir, I'll listen to them and act accordingly. Pretty awesome when you get someone else's look on things. Subliminal comedic messages up in here.HAHA

PG-191

Lights on after first 12 hour dark period. How's it look?

Lights on after first 12 hour dark period. How's it look?

Photos just after lights on again at 8.

12052010689.jpg

12052010690.jpg

12052010690.jpg

12052010704.jpg

12052010707.jpg

12052010692.jpg

12052010705.jpg

12052010706.jpg

12052010697.jpg

12052010698.jpg

12052010700.jpg

12052010699.jpg

12052010701.jpg

A little yellowing on the tips of some leaves, should I be worried?

tribe

looking good so far, cant wait to see these flowering...

whats that popcorn / baked rice crispies in one of the pots for? :rasta:

i think that popcorn used to be perelite! :D

looking pretty good man, looks like a bit of defeciency, in the lower leaves and new growth, but nothing to progressive, so we will have to wait and see how it looks in a bit.

now were in for a stretch! :lurk:

christoph.

PG-191

Bad news boys, daddy's gotta move! :(

Bad news boys, daddy's gotta move! :(

Thanks guys! I appreciate all the support everyone has shown towards my first attempt at growing!

tribe: cristoph got that one,it's perlite. Baked rice sounds good though. mmm.

cristoph: I guess I'll have to monitor them a little more closely the next few days. I expect stretch, but the LST and a screen put up sometime this week should help that.

Here's the bad news:
I found out that I HAVE to leave the country on the 21st of this month indefinitely,so these babies are going to a friend while I'm away. I'm sorry if there won't be much updates after I'm gone, but my buddy has promised to do his best to update this thread for me. I'm a little bummed that I won't be able to see this grow through myself but I have another little project in the works,this time it will be an OUTDOOR run of the same strain in the amazing tropical sun where I'll be relocating. :D

On a lighter note, I took HighCountry's advice and trimmed the fan leaves last night.Here's what they look like after the haircut:

13052010720.jpg

13052010723.jpg

13052010722.jpg

13052010721.jpg

13052010717.jpg

Some stuff I picked up yesterday:

13052010728.jpg

13052010726.jpg

I'll be making daily updates all the way up until the day before I leave. Thanks for everything so far guys,the support is what keeps me pushing along. :)

smokefrogg

Veteran
wow, that's crazy that you have to get up and go like that, i hope your friend can keep these going and your new outdoor project kicks ass!

PG-191

Trust me dude, it sucks but it's nothing too major. Just some university admins profiteering off our tuition fees and fucking shit up so that I'd be violating my visa if I didn't leave. I'm pretty sure my friend's gonna take good care of her, I hope. (If you're reading this no offence dude,you know I'm kidding.)

Latest posts

Latest posts