What's new

finally back in colorado!!!

A+Dank

nice pics weener~
Alrighty all ya'll native immigrant growers~

anyone notived how growing at elevation affects their plants? anyone grown clones or seeds from the same batch both in the hills and some other place far away where elevation ISNT 5000+ feet above sea level? I am curious about this...because honestly... imho, the best pot in the world comes from mt communities of CO...dont know how or why, and i aint through living yet, but honestly, thats my 2p.
+

weener

I agree that elevation is a definite bonus to the plants. Besides the increased ratios of CO2 compared to sea level, if you have an outside grow the amount of light that plants receive is way more intense. I've been saying it for years that CO is one of the best places to grow, period. Thanks all for the kind replies, the shots are of a buddy's grow that I was fortunate enough to be a part of/help with.

Peace

Last edited:

BigClunke

This was a fun strain to stumble onto. I have a friend that went to CSU that occasionally brought stuff back to the great lakes region to sample.
I have very fond memories of Fort Collins cough and some of the haze varieties. There is a certain stank that I have never found anywhere else outside of Colorado.
I’m visiting a buddy in Gunnison on the 28th: I’ll be riding the butte for a few days. I really am hoping for amazing snow. I’ve had terrible luck so far this season.

weener

Have you hit CO's rcky mtns? We have been getting dumped on! Copper Mtn. and Winter Park/Mary Jane (yeah thats the mtns. real name :pimp3:) have over [size=+2]23 FEET[/size] to date! So much frickin' snow that some mtn. towns (Frisco, Dillon, Breckenridge, Silverthorne, etc.) dont even know what to do w/ all the snow. Come on out and ENJOY!

Nederland...LGS...Romulan...Blueberry Widow.

The Fort...Cough...Kali Mist...Ak/Chem Dog.

Denver...too many nuggets around to list, not a bad thing. :)

weener

hey nuggets, I was had the understanding that L.G.S. originated from the Fort, but I could always be wrong. Funny how people from here always say cough as a common strain. Coincidentally my current grow is a Northern Lights crossed w/ either Cough or Pez, Im anxious to get to flowring so I can attempt to label which pheno it was crossed with :pimp3: Hope everyone is having a stellar monday.

Peace

edit: Yah its lame but nuggets I just got the name, i.e. The Denver Nuggets, but not the kind you smoke just the now descent but historically lame basketball type of nuggets. :pointlaug

Last edited:
i have no idea where it originated from. the boulder smolder IS the fort collins cough bud and that IS made up, in part at least with Chem Dog. most of the LGS i have ever seen actually came from a friend in Boulder so its kinda a who knows?/who cares? sort of thing for me. i haven't looked for a bag in quite a long time.

as for the knock on the basketball team, to each their own, but dont u live here? c'mon man, its all on the up and up, baby! george karl.

btw, it would actually be the deCent but historically lame b-ball type of nuggets. :pointlaug

weener

nuggets, Im one of the worst spellers ever. I have a pretty imense *sp vocab but no ability to spell. If I worried about all the words I possibly misspelled then I would have nothing but "*sp" throughout my posts.
I wasn't knocking the nuggets of today, just the last ten years or so, as they are doing quite well this season and didn't do to bad last season. This year is kinda hard to be excited about a CO team, the Bronocos lost in post season (duh) and the Ave's haven't been doing well this season (despite the big X season, otherwise known as ten).

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
Did you know the first spellchecker was a large cave rock?

Fire good. *thatunk* Fire is good.

3005-caveman.jpg

D

dankbudz

the cough has always been around the fort. theres some sweet trainwreck floating around these parts right now.

from what i know this elevation tends to be a little rough on the plants. dont know why though

weener

I think you might be confused about the effects of altitude on herb. The air is thinner, but the CO2 levels are higher and that is good for the plants, additionally if they are growing outside (o sweet jesus that would be great) they are getting considerably more sunlight compared to plants @ sea level. Hey budz, you get my PM?

Peace

D

dankbudz

i dont know what the prob was........didnt get fixed either just killed'em all still havent startred back either waiting for the right time i guess

yeah bro already sent back

A+Dank

The sun is SO intense!
its like himalayan, sort of! outdoor or suthern sun room patios. OH uvb and power ass sun! Check that glacier water too! Yo i remember that we got the lime green skunk before! l.g.s. yo! You mountain folk ever heard of any stabilized skunks up there? skunk 4 was some madness on the regular... i dunno its history, cept colorado 3 season mountain weed! I know i said it before, but anyone here heard of the wheelchair crippler before? Strawberry cough too out of front range trailer park too....consistent 2 season weed in the 90's !
+

edit: strawberry cough AINT endogenous to CO, its a clone only strain found by kyle kushman of high times...there is some commercial one too, but it aint the one. and none of it if pure bread colorado bud.

Last edited:

weener

I have heard of L.G.S. but I was always told/heard that it was Lime Green Shit. When I smoked it it had a really smoth high and the herb itself was fricken' neon green. Lime Green Skunk does make more sense though. Great to hear someone else mention it though, I though I might have dreamt it into existance and boy do I hate it when that happens.

G

LGS is always around colorado.

I have family in Evergreen CO ...and they got the BLOCKHEAD X MTF...str8 from me in Alaska.

There are quite a few priv. peeps in those parts these days.

colorado in nice cuz there arent many dry spells w/ weed, but its way too crowded, and hot as shit in the summer (i call it afganistan)

D

dankbudz

i agree on the hot colorado summer thing. it always reminds of that dead some where jerry sings "in the sweet colorado sun".

D

dankbudz

i was just coming back to post that denver...got to thinking bout that on the way back home. you cant beat a china catsunflower> i know you rider combo. gets me every time

D

dankbudz

well the sun has started to melt the snow:( i loved to be snowed in with some headies:)

Im sending props to a cerain member from the fort for helping a brother out in time of need;)