What's new

Favorite Metal bands!!

buckeye-leaf

cannabis enthusiast
Veteran
vh1 classic has the 40 greatest metal bands from 4-7 est. on now worth watching if its fukkin snowy and icy outside :cuss: :headbange

Man,when i was like 18 and up for years,i worked at the Arena and Forum in my town.I set up shows with the Bands crew and emptied the big rigs,before the show and the end of the night.Got to be back stage,eat a catered meal,get T Shirts ,Back stage passes and get paid :rasta: .But it was loaded in the 80's with the Heavy Metal Bands comming to town.KISS got banned from the Arena from playing ever again(dropped that for the reunion tour) because of a fire started because of the pyrotechnics they used that were unapproved and caught fire to the ceiling and lights.Had a local crew steal the back brake lever pad on the Harley that Rob Halford drove on stage during all the concerts.The pad said Judas Priest on it,that bike had like only 300 miles on it,and they were all just from pushing out of its container and onto stage,they checked everyones lockers n bitched us all out for stealing .They used to wheel it down a ramp and turn the headlite on and play a Harley sound track,because they didnt start it,i always thought they did it sounded so real.I remember when Judas Priest/Iron Maiden and Ratt were touring together,that was a sweet show back then.Used to be great doing the shows in the 80's.I have a ton of Back stage passes from all the shows ive worked.They say Crew on them,there not the same ones they give the girls they want to party with(just so the local crews couldnt give them to any chicks for favors,dang c%&k blockers,lol,jkn ) :rasta: .Ill post some pix of my passes with my cam phone in a couple,digis broke.Iron Maiden,Judas Preist,Black Sabbath,yngwie malmsteen,Dream Theatre,Dio and a ton more,i love me some Metal.

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
That's cool, Pride! I got a whack of crew passes myself from years in the industry....Tool, Stones, AC/DC, KISS, Dave Matthews, Dixie Chicks, White Zombie, Ozzy, Neil Young, just to mention a few...

Funny about the Harley soundtrack. Once I did a show with the talent on a Harley and I used a wireless lav mic taped to the opening of the exhaust pipe. Get that spot just right and.....Wham!...sound of the gods pumping through my big audio rig! It was great!

Rabies

favorite metal

favorite metal

Well i'm around 30 so i grew up on megadeth and slayer, old metallica etc.. i hafta say i bought the last megadeth cd "united abominations" it's not peace sells but it's surprisingly good.......... but then ya know i'm probably a dork?

sfritz

PhenoMenal said:
Ruosk,

That was me motherfo :p

The guitarwork of Carcass is exceptional and very unique as you know - as soon as you hear one riff you know it's Carcass ... :)
Guitarist Michael Amott is currently with Arch Enemy (who've got female Angela Gossow on death vocals!), i haven't heard much of them yet but I love his guitarwork in 'We Will Rise'

I was going to correct you about Michael Amott, that it's Chris Amott, then i decided to make sure before I posted, and they BOTH were in carcass AND arch enemy! Learn something new every day.. They are both awesome, and so is arch enemy. GET IT! Even the old stuff with that other guy singer is decent, Angela's waaay hotter tho.. Seriously, We Will Rise is childs play compared to a lot of their other stuff. Get Doomsday Machine and Wages of Sin. I agree 100% about the guitar work, he's amazing. So is their drummer, but you'd never know it if We Will Rise is your measuring stick.. They're an amazing live show too, if you havent seen em yet, try to!

The good ol days:
Slayer - Metallica - Slayer - Megadeth - Iron Maiden - Ozzy - Sepultura - Suicidal Tendencies, and a buncha hair bands like Motley Crue and etc, I'll spare myself the embarassment by not naming names..

Nowadays:
In Flames - Lamb of God - Machine Head - Arch Enemy - Soilwork - Strapping Young Lad - Killswitch Engage - Ill Nino

And a shitload of obscure underground NY hardcore type stuff like Terror, Stuck Mojo, Skinlab, etc.

HeadyPete

Take Five...
Veteran
Listening to "Dirty Rotten Imbeciles - Dealin With It" right now.

These guys were pioneers in fusing hardcore punk and metal. Check out "Crossover" for a great example.

Latest posts

Latest posts