What's new

ECSD x Appalachia In A Crawlspace

L

Libeccio

that's a great idea man, nice! :good: it reminds me of recording studio where they have mobile insulation panels to have a little insulation beetween different instruments playing in the same big room... your plants look great as well... sorry for the balls, but maybe the end product will worth some emasculation... :D buen cultivo, ciao! :wave:

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Heya WhoDat. Been catching up today on ya. Read your 1200 very thread and this one. Learned bunches from your first thread and the exchange with Freds and jbonez. Peace out.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Thanks man. My threads have good info regarding what not to do. Ha. I learn most of my lessons the hard way but I won't make the same mistake twice if I can help it. Glad you could get some useful info out of them.

:yes:

silver hawaiian

Veteran
picture.php

What's with the blue (?) prefilter lookin' stuff on the ducting? Is that an inline filter? (Or is that the beginning of your run for the ducting, and that's just a reggalar old filter?)

Looking very nice in here wdi :tiphat: Per usual

Very commendable use of the space!

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
What's with the blue (?) prefilter lookin' stuff on the ducting? Is that an inline filter? (Or is that the beginning of your run for the ducting, and that's just a reggalar old filter?)

Looking very nice in here wdi :tiphat: Per usual

Very commendable use of the space!

That's my carbon scrubber. I made it years ago using one of the tutorials here on the site. I was trying to keep costs down but I think it ended up costing about the same as if I bought one, oh well. I have used it on every grow of mine and it's still working just fine. The blue stuff is the filter material you can buy and cut it to size for any furnace.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Tried to take a couple of quick pictures after working today but they all turned out shite. I'll have to take some better pictures here soon. Most of the girls are starting to pack it on now with the exception of #2 who continues to take her sweet ass time. The Hemlocks are doing well but are anxious to get out of their current 1 gallon pots and get serious in some 5 gallons. This weekend they are going to have to get set up downstairs with the other light going. The clones are limping along still but I'm hoping I can get them to turn around here really soon. I'll get some more pictures up here soon with what the girls are looking like, hopefully without that orange ass HPS glow too.

What could possibly be behind that?

picture.php

One of the girls from the 20th.

picture.php

And a glimpse of things to come. I fucking love lemon tasting weed.

picture.php

Last edited:

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Things are going alright. The lower leaves on the plants have just very quickly started yellowing. I only really noticed it yesterday and it has already really progressed quickly in the 2 or so days. Otherwise things are frosting and swelling. I gave them an ACT last night so we'll see how that goes.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Don't mind the nanner.
picture.php

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Lookin good over here.

Thanks!

I ended up popping some Appalachia F3 beans after all instead of the GG x GK. I wanted to finish out the test run of all the Appalachia beans. The Hemlocks are really pissed because of me dragging my ass. P deficiencies have started but I fed everybody last night and they are already perking up. The little shit clones are starting to turn around and resume growth again. I was hoping to get the other light up last night but it will have to wait until tonight again. I also got ahold of some mosquito dunks. I broke them up into little pieces and spread it all around on top of the soil of all the plants. This as well as some sticky traps has really cut down on any fungus gnats that were floating around. It never got out of hand above the soil but they were just annoying. I don't know if the gnat larvae were affecting anything down below but I'll be able to see come transplant time.

The big girls downstairs hit the brick wall as far as their food goes. When they ran out of food, I mean they RAN OUT OF FOOD. I hit them pretty hard last night with a nice cocktail of all things tasty so they should be coming round again. I keep underestimating how heavy feeders these Appalachian Diesels are, some phenos even more so than others.

Anybody seen, heard, know of High & Lonesome poking around the forum anywheres? I tried PMing him but haven't got a response yet. Just trying to touch base and make sure he's doing alright.

Pictures later tonight hopefully.

oceangrownkush

Veteran
Expect the same from your Appalachia F3's - they are HEAVY feeders due to the Green Crack I think. We were always trying to keep up with their appetite.. Even on the 2nd run I didn't feed my Appalachia keeper enough - but she STACKED for me anyways.

Thanks!

I ended up popping some Appalachia F3 beans after all instead of the GG x GK. I wanted to finish out the test run of all the Appalachia beans. The Hemlocks are really pissed because of me dragging my ass. P deficiencies have started but I fed everybody last night and they are already perking up. The little shit clones are starting to turn around and resume growth again. I was hoping to get the other light up last night but it will have to wait until tonight again. I also got ahold of some mosquito dunks. I broke them up into little pieces and spread it all around on top of the soil of all the plants. This as well as some sticky traps has really cut down on any fungus gnats that were floating around. It never got out of hand above the soil but they were just annoying. I don't know if the gnat larvae were affecting anything down below but I'll be able to see come transplant time.

The big girls downstairs hit the brick wall as far as their food goes. When they ran out of food, I mean they RAN OUT OF FOOD. I hit them pretty hard last night with a nice cocktail of all things tasty so they should be coming round again. I keep underestimating how heavy feeders these Appalachian Diesels are, some phenos even more so than others.

Anybody seen, heard, know of High & Lonesome poking around the forum anywheres? I tried PMing him but haven't got a response yet. Just trying to touch base and make sure he's doing alright.

Pictures later tonight hopefully.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Expect the same from your Appalachia F3's - they are HEAVY feeders due to the Green Crack I think. We were always trying to keep up with their appetite.. Even on the 2nd run I didn't feed my Appalachia keeper enough - but she STACKED for me anyways.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks! These are the eatenist damn plants I ever done seen!

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Picture time. There don't ever seem to be enough hours in a day is there?

I believe I mentioned having some soil pest issues. I had thought and confirmed that they are fungus gnats, I just wanted to be sure it wasn't root aphids or something nasty along those lines. It seems like fungus gnats are almost synonymous with organic soil. Historically I have just put up yellow sticky traps and called it good but I want to be more proactive with getting rid of them so I got some mosquito dunks, crumbled them up, and top dressed the bits on everything. They never got out of hand, just annoying. Hopefully this will take care of them.

picture.php

picture.php

These went into some wet paper towels and placed semi over a heat register to keep them warm. They are all starting to pop since this morning and I suspect some might be ready to be planted tonight.

picture.php

picture.php

Next post...

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
The Hemlocks that got transplanted. You can see how they were getting pissed from not being potted up yet. I feel bad when they start to look like this from me not having the flower area ready for them.

picture.php

Welcome home, even though it's still being renovated.

picture.php

picture.php

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
11 for 11 on the Appalachias! Now to get them above the coco they're planted in. The Hemlocks are adjusting right now and the shit clones are starting to look like something other than shit for once. I'll have another round with the Appalachian Diesels yet. I haven't seen any gnat flyers around the veg/clone area and only one downstairs in the crawlspace. I think the dunks are working which is nice. Just playing the waiting game now for the first round to finish and also get some big enough to sit alongside the Hemlocks and use up all the real estate around the 2nd bulb.

Started reading The Rev's True Living Organics after hearing about it on here. After that I have Teaming With Microbes on deck. I've been putting off reading that book for years with no good excuse. Finally broke down and bought it and can't wait to have the time to read it.

TrueLivingOrganics%28cover%29100.jpg

9781604691139f.jpg

Also, Does anybody know anything about the succulent "Hens and Chicks"? I have one that is starting to shoot out little feelers all over the place with the little chicks on the end. I got to thinking that it would be cool to pull some off and maybe transplant them on the big flowering girls. I thought they would look cool as companion plants and I would imagine that they would get along well. Does anybody know if they play well with others?

Last edited:

bean82

Very nice thread, who dat! And I thought I had a low ceiling, in my basement. lol! Nothing compared to you, I see. Girls are looking great!

Nice, like each has has its own individual SCROG. I've done the tie down with string method but it's a pain in the ass as far as having to retie knots all the time to adjust. I can't remember where I saw it on this site but I saw somebody using pipe cleaners and binder clips to position and tie down limbs. I liked it because it was easy to bend and adjust the hook around the limb and it was also a breeze to adjust the binder clip alongside the rim of the pot. I have played around with that several times and I'm going to do something similar with that garden wire stuff and bamboo stakes. 2 or 3 stakes to a pot and wire the stem and limbs accordingly. After transplanting I'm going to take off the lower Larf and makes clones out of them. After that it's creating a front and back to the plant for the best surface area to face the bulb.

I've been playing around with individual scrogging. I can recommend plastic coated metal garden fence, and coated electrical copper wire. Works great! The wire easily bends in to shape and stays there. Coating never breaks, like with the rubber coated garden wire.
Works great for both vertical

and horizontal growing.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Thanks for stopping in bean!

Like I said, 11 for 11 on the Appalachias. Welcome to the world little bean sprouts!

picture.php

picture.php

The Hemlocks got the memo that its flowering time and have started to fill out and stretch. I took the liberty of topping the tallest one in the hopes of having it bush out more and stay more similar in height to the others.

picture.php

The whole gang on day 48 of flower. Forgive the craptar pictures too. There isn't much space to move around and get good angles.

picture.php

Next post for the other pictures...

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Either side of the first doughnut.

picture.php

picture.php

Last but not least, the girls are getting more and more photogenic as they fatten up and get frostier. I love this part of the growth cycle when everything is swelling up and starting to actually look like weed.

picture.php

picture.php

I encourage anybody with questions or comments to chime in. Thanks for stopping in. :yes:

Latest posts

Latest posts