What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Easy method for old beans

Janborrego

Premium user
420club
I’m along for the ride. I had some stubborn somewhat older seeds I sandpapered and they sprouted well after. Good job on this...
I tried sandpaper on these I tried gently cracking the shell slightly. Nothing worked until I found this. I am glad they sprouted at all even if I only get males I will harvest the pollen. Then keep trying until I get a female. I am one determined chick!

flower~power

~Star~Crash~
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hopefully Jan, my experience with tiny tails ain't good.
In fact they normally stall out and get pitched.
Hope it pans out for ya
That’s one of the reasons I seem to have old seeds slack every time when hit them up ? can get some to crack, but then they just stall out and don’t do anything once they get planted.. fresh seeds are amazing in their response I once I F2’ed C 99 when I first got it and I lived off of that for years ..you just looked at them and they would sprout … :p

Janborrego

Premium user
420club
The cat was eating my plants. They are slow growing but are growing. The bigger one was born 3/27 the smaller one came up Apr 2. If I can keep that cat out of my plants.
image.jpg

Janborrego

Premium user
420club
Today they look better. If that cat knows what good for him he better stay out of my weed room. I might have to skin me a cat! Update on the C99 X NL. They are starting to pick up a bit. I may need to put them in a 3 gal pot so they do not get root bound by June. I will put these 2 in a 30 gal pot since they are together. I don't want to ruin anything. I hope they are both females but if not. I have a 50/50 chance for one of each. If they are male or one of each. They will go in my room. I have a light in there that will suffice with the window and the sky light. I would like to make some seeds of this strain. I looked online and they are so expensive. Way out of my reach. I am happy I got them. I sent some to my friend in SoCal. He said he can get anything to grow we will see. He will start them the pass them off to his seed guy. If I get a female I will try cloning again. I really want this strain to be in my life.😁😁😁😁
One looks like it may be a male still to early to tell.

Janborrego

Premium user
420club
Why did I not post the pic. Only one pot with 2 plants. The first pic I took this morning. The other 2 I took yesterday but forgot to post. I hope they are male and female
IMG_3995.jpeg
IMG_3965.jpeg
IMG_3964.jpeg

Janborrego

Premium user
420club
Thanks I do not normally put 2 in a pot. The first one never came up so I tried again. With luck we will make some fresh beans.