What's new

Dutch Dog Diary + Lemon N Lime Jones Report

Disso

((Nevil Haze x Mango Haze) x G13 Haze)
X (Super Silver haze x Chemdog)

Hey guys, been lurking for a while but time to get active!

I’ve been wanting to wet these seeds for a couple years but life threw me a few curveballs so had to be patient.
Unfortunately I didn’t refrigerate the seeds and being a few years old only had 5/10 germinate, however this obviously is no fault of the breeder. One seed was very weak and runty and took nearly to 2 weeks to break the soil surface. It quickly ran out of steam and died after only a couple days, so we are left with 4 plants now. But the show must go on!
One of the 4 actually self topped at the very first node and is a bit behind the others as a result, that’s a new one for me! There is just a little green nub where the apical shoot would normally grow and its now split into two main shoots, love seeing how nature finds a way to adapt.

They are roughly 10-12 days since breaking soil surface in this pic. Also a bonus pic of a finished (what i believe is) Lemon n Lime Jones, which i got as a freebie with the dutch dog.

If I remember correctly the seedbank (caveman seeds, no longer in business) stated each connoisseur pack came with a Lemon n Lime jones fem seed as a freebie. I had space for it and grew it immediately so this picture is a couple years old now but it was a nice vigorous plant.
Finished in about 9.5 weeks flower, not too much stretch either. Had a nice herbaceous lemon nose on her, kinda like lemongrass with a bit of sweet and sour funk in the background. Not crazy loud but definitely enjoyable. Effects were balanced with a relatively heavy body and left me mentally spaced out, hard to focus type buzz. Not great daytime smoke for me but good for watching a film in the evening. I do have health issues and really struggle with energy so I am extra sensitive to sedative/stoney effects, for what it's worth.

Maybe @ojd can chime in and see if he can confirm or otherwise identify the freebie. I’m also curious, which Chemdog was used in the SSCDH? Chem D?

I will keep updating as the Dutch Dog’s progress.
Been on the lookout for a good haze after i tried SSH on vacation in Vancouver many years ago and it kinda blew my mind having never really tried a good haze or true sativa prior. Hoping this Dutch Dog can match or even exceed that! Lets find out!

Attachments

• IMG_6680.jpeg
    IMG_6680.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_6491.png
    IMG_6491.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
((Nevil Haze x Mango Haze) x G13 Haze)
X (Super Silver haze x Chemdog)

Hey guys, been lurking for a while but time to get active!

I’ve been wanting to wet these seeds for a couple years but life threw me a few curveballs so had to be patient.
Unfortunately I didn’t refrigerate the seeds and being a few years old only had 5/10 germinate, however this obviously is no fault of the breeder. One seed was very weak and runty and took nearly to 2 weeks to break the soil surface. It quickly ran out of steam and died after only a couple days, so we are left with 4 plants now. But the show must go on!
One of the 4 actually self topped at the very first node and is a bit behind the others as a result, that’s a new one for me! There is just a little green nub where the apical shoot would normally grow and its now split into two main shoots, love seeing how nature finds a way to adapt.

They are roughly 10-12 days since breaking soil surface in this pic. Also a bonus pic of a finished (what i believe is) Lemon n Lime Jones, which i got as a freebie with the dutch dog.

If I remember correctly the seedbank (caveman seeds, no longer in business) stated each connoisseur pack came with a Lemon n Lime jones fem seed as a freebie. I had space for it and grew it immediately so this picture is a couple years old now but it was a nice vigorous plant. Finished in about 9.5 weeks flower, not too much stretch either. Had a nice herbaceous lemon nose on her, kinda like lemongrass with a bit of sweetness in the background. Not crazy loud but definitely enjoyable. Effects were relatively heavy and spacey, not good daytime/working weed but good for or watching a film in the evening.
Maybe @ojd can chime in and see if he can confirm or otherwise identify the freebie. I’m also curious, which Chemdog was used in the SSCDH? Chem D?

I will keep updating as the Dutch Dog’s progress.
Been on the lookout for a good haze after i tried SSH on vacation in Vancouver many years ago and it kinda blew my mind having never really tried a good haze or true sativa prior. Hoping this Dutch Dog can match or even exceed that! Lets find out!
Thanks for the post friend. Keep us updated.

Disso

Little update. Still early stages so nothing particularly exciting but figured i’d check in anyway.
IMG_6686.jpeg
The little seedling that self topped at the first node. It got stunted pretty hard from dealing with this at such a young age and is well behind the others but i’m gonna keep it around as I suspect that when run from clone it would probably have perfectly fine vigor. It was a weird one right from the get go but sometimes those are the best, it has a noticeable grapefruit zest to it whenever i touch it, more pronounced aroma than the others.

Noticing a lot of interesting leaf morphology in these seeds, actually been quite fun checking it all out. Always an interesting looking leaf i hadn’t spotted before. Bit of variagation and some curving, twisting, and other oddities.
IMG_6689.jpeg
IMG_6694.jpeg
IMG_6696.jpeg
I’m about 99.9% sure this leaf grew this way with a hole in it, despite it maybe looking like something took a bite out of it. Notice the strange morphology at the tip too. It tends to fold over a little so i had to hold it flat to show the hole properly. In my experience the plants will grow out of all of these besides maybe the variegation which i’m not worried about anyway.

I had trouble getting these plants out of their small starter cups when i went to transplant them, it was like the roots were stuck to the cup, making it very hard to release cleanly. Never experienced that before, and it seemed to piss the plants off a little bit, fair enough! Nothing major though, back to business as usual after a few days. I will be topping the bigger ones in the next day or two, just wanted them to settle into the transplant first. Hopefully the little one can catch up a bit.
IMG_6688.jpeg

Nice 7 blade leaves for a young plant, 9 blades on their way in. And a different pheno with a nice sheen to its leaves.
IMG_6697.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6697.jpeg
    IMG_6697.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 34

Disso

Little bit more info for anyone curious:
-Growing in DIY organic soil mix based on Clackamas Coot's recipe (shoutout to Jim) and adapted a bit to local availability. I'll be keeping it pretty simple with mainly water only, besides a bit of yucca and liquid mycorrhizae when transplanting. I will be topdressing a little malted and milled organic barley every week or two mainly for the enzymes and chitin.
-Starting under a 120w full spectrum LED in my bedroom, nice and humble lol.
-Soon will be moving to 1.2x1.2m (4x4 ft for my Americans) tent under a 450w full spectrum bar LED to finish veg and to flower.

Last edited:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi bro

Nice log il be along for the ride.

Not sure on the freebies as Sent different freebie for orders every drop with caveman.
but could be either Lemon N Lime Jones ( Casey heavy pheno) or maybe Dead chem Head ( Chem d x Chemdog bx2 Male x Casey Jones) from your description.

Disso

5 weeks since they broke the soil, everything looking pretty good but i’ve noticed the DD’s don’t like being in relatively small pots. Hoped I could keep them small and healthy until they showed sex but no luck.
I’ve also been topping the 3 bigger plants numerous times in an effort to let the small one catch up which has helped quite a lot.
They don’t like being transplanted too much either and had i known prior i’d probably have gone straight from their small starter pots to large final pots and skipped the 4.7L intermediate pots. Nothing too major, just noticed a bit of yellowing of leaf tips following transplant just like the first time. Pretty healthy over all though. Usually plants in my garden show basically no transplant stress, but seems the DD’s like to be pampered. I’ll do my best to indulge them!

If they had shown sex sooner or grown slower, i could have put the females in bigger final pots. Instead I had to go with 30L (8 gallon) pots for the two more hungry plants, and 22L’s for the slower ones, due to limitations on how much soil I have at the moment. They had 2 days to recover from transplant before 12/12. They’ve just finished their first day of flower.

Pics from late veg-start of flower
IMG_6732.jpeg
IMG_6707.jpeg
IMG_6736.jpeg
IMG_6737.jpeg
IMG_6739.jpeg
IMG_6740.jpeg

Last edited:

Disso

Today we sadly say goodbye to Dutch Dog #3 (pictured front right of the tent in the fabric pot pics). This was the plant showing majority of the mutations, such as the hole in the leaf, strange atypical and asymmetrical leaf morphology, as well as the most variegation.
The last week i noticed a lower branch with weird new growth.. It’s all beaten up looking and kinda crispy with the tips severely curled. What’s strange is this is totally isolated to one small lower branch on this #3 plant, besides a tiny bit of it on a single upper leaf on the same plant, but totally different branch. The rest of the plant growth looks totally normal and healthy.

IMG_6748.jpeg

I thought it was odd but since it was so isolated wasn’t too concerned. Figured perhaps it was a weird reaction to wanting more soil volume and would hopefully resolve itself, but today (Day 4 flower) i’ve discovered a little PM on two of its leaves as well. What’s odd is these aren’t overlapping leaves, there’s plenty of airflow in the tent, and a steady 55-65% RH which is perfect for the stretch phase. I’ve been closely monitoring the environment with remote sensors and everything has been in check.

All other plants are totally fine PM wise and show less mutations.. leading me to believe this #3 is a bit of a reject genetically speaking and extra susceptible at least to PM.
I don’t want to take chances especially given that it seems a bit out of my control. This #3 was giving me major male vibes anyway although it hadn’t shown sex yet. I removed and killed it immediately as I don’t want it to potentially spread to the others. C’est La Vie.
IMG_6751.jpeg
IMG_6750.jpeg

In other news, #4 (the runt that self topped at the first node) is showing some tri-leaf growth, but what’s curious is that this is only expressing on one main branch, the two other dominant branches show the typical bilateral growth patterns.
#1 and 2 are both starting to show female preflowers and looking pretty good overall with pretty typical and healthy growth, besides the occasional spot of variegation. Hopefully no more weird issues in this tent!
IMG_6753.jpeg
IMG_6754.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts