What's new

Doober's 2024 grow

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Hey everybody I have 2 Tikimadman London Jelly and 15 or so White Widow x Trainwreck auto feminized from Ringo Doggie. 1 of the London Jelly broke the soil. Also have Mammoth Sunflowers and Early Jalapeno and California Wonder green peppers growing from seed 👍
IMG_20240506_105946886.jpg
IMG_20240506_105923085.jpg
IMG_20240506_105857986_HDR.jpg

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Is your green buddha plastic or glass?

You like those big sunflowers, I grew the Mammoth once but the birds were not fond of the seeds.
Now I just grow the Peredovik which the birds eat with great gusto.
Hey man the Buddha is like a resin I want to say on the bottom it says made in Thailand.
Yeah I love sunflowers man it's been a few years though I'll have to try those sunflowers that you're growing

oldmaninbc

My wife bought a buddha from the thrift store here. It is made from wood, it's about 18" tall and about 12" wide. Not sure how old it is but it's a very nice figure. We had to apply some oil to it the wood was starting to dry.
We have a porcelain one, we bought it at the flea market, the lady moved here from Scotland and brought some of her antique collection with her including the buddha.

I have a few from retail stores but prefer to find them at markets, thrift stores, yard sales and estate sales.

I love those giant ones around the world carved out of stone.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
Well everything is growing well now...hasn't been much Sun for a few days but the fan on the plants really helps them. I ended up with 4 White Widow x Trainwreck auto fems from @Ringodoggie California Wonder green peppers and Early Jalapeno are doing fantastic. I have to put them 1 to a party cup, there's like 25 of them. Sunflowers are poop. No real interest I'll get motivated. They're like boring? The one with the peppers is thick
IMG_20240520_112042347_HDR.jpg
IMG_20240520_112102550.jpg

oldmaninbc

Well everything is growing well now...hasn't been much Sun for a few days but the fan on the plants really helps them. I ended up with 4 White Widow x Trainwreck auto fems from @Ringodoggie California Wonder green peppers and Early Jalapeno are doing fantastic. I have to put them 1 to a party cup, there's like 25 of them. Sunflowers are poop. No real interest I'll get motivated. They're like boring? The one with the peppers is thick View attachment 19005606 View attachment 19005607
I am a big fan of sunflowers, mostly because I like to feed the birds. I do find their flowers to be cheery.
I live in an agricultural area and buy much of my produce from the roadside stands.

Looks like it's almost time for some thinning. Are your autos for in or out?

I can't grow outside where I live, which is unfortunate. That is where I learnt to grow and I love watching the outdoor progress, it can be very speedy.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
I am a big fan of sunflowers, mostly because I like to feed the birds. I do find their flowers to be cheery.
I live in an agricultural area and buy much of my produce from the roadside stands.

Looks like it's almost time for some thinning. Are your autos for in or out?

I can't grow outside where I live, which is unfortunate. That is where I learnt to grow and I love watching the outdoor progress, it can be very speedy.
Hey man how's it going hey buddy the sunflowers need to be tied down I actually have to get steaks for them sunflowers are awesome it's just I'm growing them in pots and stuff. The four cannabis plants are going to be inside I guess or both it's going to be like a gorilla pot bring them in and out all the time