What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DIY Cabinet Size Ebb & Flow

I was looking for an E&F that would fit in a C24 and came across this on another site...Thank trip!

Supplies:
1. Mixing tub from home depot (27.5"x19.75"x6") $5
2. Ebb & flow fittings from hydro shop $10
3. Black vinyl hose from home depot (5/8"inner diameter 1/2"inner diameter) $3
4. Submersible pump from hydro shop/fish store $10-$30 depending on gph
5. White egg crate(in the ceiling tile section, only comes in 2'x4') $10.50
6. 14 gallon rubbermade tub $5

Tools needed:
1. Drill
2. 1" wood boring bit
3. Snips for cutting egg crate (I used lineman's pliers after making a huge mess with a sawzall.)

Directions:
1. Drill 1” holes at desired locations.

2. Screw in the fittings

3. Cut the egg crate to 18"x15" and snip a 4"x4" hole for the fittings
4. Attach plumbing to pump.

5. Put pump in reservoir fill with nutrients and you are done!

Stand made of PVC

E&F in action in a C24

Dual setup with wood stand...only 5 each in this one but you can fit up to 11 in each using 4" cubes (I prefer the Coco Tek AB.)

I love the dual setup in the closet. I built a solid shelf seperating the resevoir from the tubs so I could have a seperate cloning chamber. Trying to keep the crops rotating.

Any questions just ask!

NC

breeder

Hey Northcoastmed,
Just wanted to bump this back up.
After having replyied to a thread about the use of E&F, I'm starting to get the feeling of going back to it. Been using DWC for a while, but I'm feeling the need for the switch again! Just the high plant count always sends me for a loop when I think about it.
It's been a good solid 5 yrs since i've touched an E&F system. One of my favs.
Over the years I've owned American agrot. systems,2x4, and multiple 4x4, and a small one from GH...the magagarden...which I still have...just waiting to be used again....waiting on my lazy ass to take some cuttings.
Loved'em....So dependable!

Anyway I'm takin a liken to your little set-up. If ya got a min.?
Are you using 1 pump or 2 in the photo with the 2x4 framing?

I've walked passed these tubs a thousand times in Lowe's always with the same thought in mind. However when I discoverd them I was already shut down. Had to close shop for a little while :fsu:
I'm trying to come back out of retirment though :joint:
So with that in mind...
The mental image that I have of them, I thought they were larger then the dia. you gave. I'm I wrong on this or do they have other size's that your aware?
Thx

There are other sizes depending on whether you go to HD or Lowe's. I like the ones from Lowes better but I already had these.

I use only 1 pump with valve between so I can run 1 tub if I want. Optimally you would have a seperate rez and pump for each so you could run different nute levels.

You can fit one tray in a C24. My next setup I want to have 2- C24 cabs so I can rotate crops and have more security. My current setup is a little sketchy for my taste. Plus I would like to have a dedicated circuit for each C24 at the new place.

imnotcrazy

There is ALWAYS meaning to my madness ®
Veteran
I see Tripnoncid's setup workin for many many folks, AFFORDABLE and EASY to build....

Good show NorthCoastMeds

Den0ts

I built this exact setup before i even found the post. I stumbled on the trays about 6 months ago while rummaging through home depot. However i put about 1" of hydroton in the bottom instead of the little plastic grid. I am also using rockwool slabs instead of pure hydroton, etc...

Wow. I found this thread and decided it would be perfect for a veg tray, so i went to Home Depot and everything was still the same price 3 yrs. later.:dance013:! Great find thanks a bunch:respect: