What's new

DIY Aero Cloner the EZ-Cloner Replica in 10 Easy Steps!

Pseudo

just do it
Veteran
its earthworm castings, the microbes that are introduced by the tea protect the plants from the dreaded squishy stems, ever since i went to using it ive had no problems whatsoever

babbaganoosh

thanks alot psuedo,thats a great idea..ive been trying to keep everything sterile with a light pool shock mix from another suggestion in another thread but i am going to give this technique a shot next go round. ive been getting hammered recently...

Pseudo

just do it
Veteran
no prob, i put a handful of castings in and put in cups with soil once roots are established

Oregonism

Has anybody ran, [30 minutes on/30 off ] with the sprayer pump? Or do I just run it 24/7........Thanks!

Hey all, here is my interpretation, I lucked out, had everything laying out and put it together in 30 mins. 1st one I have built or ever used......

-2.1 gallon square bucket
-Jebao 185 gph pump
-2 microsprayers [Dripworks]
-Pucks [padding roll from a Mazda Miata soft top]
-little bit less than 1/2" flexible irrigation hose [1.5' 25-40cm's]
-toro 1/4" t- fitting

I tried using two of the big misters seen in the bottom part of the photo [last photo] and they didn't cut it, tried to spray then dribbled...might work on that later, might just be a pressure thingy...

I read and read,people who had a 185 gph like mine weren't very successful. The pumps actually were putting out 25 gph or something not even close to 200. I get good spray though, might put in a 3rd sprayer, but really don't need it.

Edit: The jebao pump is $40 new for 185 gph, so it must have good back pressure, it was from a fountain that lifted 4 feet, so I lucked out.

Pseudo

just do it
Veteran
i added holes in the bottom of my manifold to decrease water pressure to my sprayers and increase aeration, i also reccomend transplanting as soon as vigorous roots show instead of letting the roots grow in the cloner, good luck

Pseudo

just do it
Veteran
oregonism, id reccomend using 90s or a pvc manifold to eliminate kinks and definately add more sprayers, you have 2 and if 1 gets plugged your sol

Oregonism

oregonism, id reccomend using 90s or a pvc manifold to eliminate kinks and definately add more sprayers, you have 2 and if 1 gets plugged your sol

Thanks for getting back Pseudo......I agree the kinks suck. At first I contemplated whether this was actually increasing pressure right at the sprayers momentarily?

I have a few extra sprayers, thought about adding the 3rd. They are easy to clean out and I can swap them out, I have a filter too, but only like 100 or 120 mesh.

Think I might try adding a few holes on the underside of the manifold to see if it increases aeration instead of just spraying, THANKS! great tip dude.

When I get a few more quid I will just go with 1/4 pvc and elbows and run 4 sprayers, should rock, if I can get the wrinkles out!

Pseudo

just do it
Veteran

heres a pic of my cloner, the top is expanded pvc, the sides are blacked out with vinyl, the snorkel is longer than it needs to be, the boot tray is flood insurance, and the underside of the tray rim are coated with tanglefoot for the creepy crawlers

Pseudo

just do it
Veteran
thank you!! i got sick of leaky rubbermaids and like being able to see whats goin on, i machined out the lid to be reccessed and added the snorkel which served several purposes 1. eliminated internal air pressure which forced water out
2. provided a channel for wires and air tubing
3. took the stress caused by wires away from the edge providing a better seal

babbaganoosh

hey psuedo that is a great design.so you run air stones in addition to drilling holes in the bottom of the manifold for aeration?do you run your pump 24/7 or put it on a timer.my eazy cloner has been anything but easy lately...

Pseudo

just do it
Veteran
thanks babba, i do run an airstone, but not sure if i need to, theres a lot of aeration from the down spigots, i run the pump 24-7, since i started using ewc my problems went away

Tr!angle

First off I want to say that this post is awesome and so helpful. I was curious as to if you thought using a larger pump could be a bad thing. I'm asking because I have a 1/6 HP submersible pump never used. I went ahead and constructed the cloner with a 38 gal but instead of 1/2" I went with the 3/4" to compensate for pressure but I only used 14 sprayers. Everything seems to work no leak etc but I'm not sure how to tell if the pressure is too high coming from the sprayers.

:thank you:

babbaganoosh

hey pseudo,are you making your ewc or using a certain brand?you mentioned before that you scooped it into a stocking so im assuming you are not using a tea?

V

veek

heres mine
picture.php

gallery_4715_2836_38451.jpg

picture.php