What's new

Dirtfamers Backyard Giants

dirt farmer

Now that there is some buds to show I thought I would make this next update on how they are doing in flower. I also got another 3 inches taller/wider over the last 24 hours or so. sorry I do not have time to go over each pic. But take a good look and the plant by the fence. That plant is about 10 feet tall and almost 10 feet wide all the while being tied over heavy. This is the plant with the fat stalk pics above. Take a good look and you can see how fat she is.
Sorry for the pics are in randon order this time. was in a hurry.
Enjoy Tokers

sl738439.jpg

sl738442.jpg

sl738445.jpg

sl738450.jpg

sl738451.jpg

sl738453.jpg

sl738456.jpg

sl738457.jpg

sl738459.jpg

sl738461.jpg

sl738463.jpg

sl738464.jpg

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
this looks like heaven....!!! great show....and soooo fat bitches....looks like u will need some weeks for trimming!!!
gretz buddah

d1ff1Ko1t

Amazing sizes! foxfarm grow big eh? gotta remember that one 4 next year. do they get light all day or is there anything shading them 4 a couple of hours?

dirt farmer

Amazing sizes! foxfarm grow big eh? gotta remember that one 4 next year. do they get light all day or is there anything shading them 4 a couple of hours?

They get about 10 hours sun. The sun travels right over the top of them for the most part.

I only give half credit to fox farms. I have no proof what I am about to say. It is just what I think happend in this grow. Or it makes sense to me anyway.

The FFOF mixed with 35% perlite in the 3x3x3 hole let my roots grow a large root ball pretty fast.(plus the veg weather that any grower could hope for) Then when that root ball hit my backyard soil it just exploded like they did. In my backyard soil you can did a shovel load and get 10 large earth worms every time. When I water my plants and the grass around them I will have lots of worms every where you look. My vegetables are huge and I grow 2 foot wide sunflower heads with hardly any ferts.

I would think a plant this size has out grew a 3x3x3 hole right?

well this is what I think happend. Sounds good anyway :)

d1ff1Ko1t

so ur saying the wormcasting is what gave them the final boost? the soil in ur backyard must be nicely loosened up, full of oxigen available for the roots thx to the worm activity. im sure the perlite just added more to that..

dirt farmer

so ur saying the wormcasting is what gave them the final boost? the soil in ur backyard must be nicely loosened up, full of oxigen available for the roots thx to the worm activity. im sure the perlite just added more to that..

The perlite was only added to the FFOF soil. Not my backyard soil. I am saying that I think the fox farms soil mixed with 35% perlite let my roots grow fast thru it making a huge foundation. Then by per luck that foundation loved it when it grew out of the 3x3 fox farm hole.

I had no clue they would get even 1/4 this big. I was hoping for all of them to be about as big as the potted plants are now. This grow is pure luck for the most part. I just kept it simple.

next year my grow will be more in order now that I know what to expect. I will grow the same strains in my indoor grow room this winter.

Gunnarguchi

ICMag Donor
Veteran
impressive monsters
cant wait to see them finish
clearly theres a lot of love and care invested in them

dirt farmer

Bored today so I thought I would do a fast update.
Here is a shot where was squating to get under the cover. There moving along nice now.
sl738484.jpg

This girl has got to stop growing taller soon. I have to move the carport up again. No biggie I just took some blocks from the wall on the side of my house.
sl738485.jpg

sl738486.jpg

Growing thru the netting again.
sl738487.jpg

Here is some shots of the paooted plants and the flowers. this buds are looking really white and frosty.
sl738488.jpg

sl738489.jpg

sl738492.jpg

It is hard to get a good pic of this plant. But she is 10 feet tall and 8.5 feet wide. Notice the trash can and how she growing into my roof.
sl738490.jpg

Aeroguerilla

I’m God’s solider, devil’s apostle
Veteran
maybe u should get a latter and top them? i had this problem in a greenhouse the roof was 17 ft in dead center...and they were hitting the top after pruning back twice... it was soma diesel.. unbelievable vigor. but yea if you cut them things back to like 6ft tall they will be 10 again by the time u harvest... then again it depends where your located some of thoughs look pretty far along, where others i think u could cut back

dirt farmer

maybe u should get a latter and top them? i had this problem in a greenhouse the roof was 17 ft in dead center...and they were hitting the top after pruning back twice... it was soma diesel.. unbelievable vigor. but yea if you cut them things back to like 6ft tall they will be 10 again by the time u harvest... then again it depends where your located some of thoughs look pretty far along, where others i think u could cut back

Lots of people have told me to prune. I just can't bring myself to do it though. I will just go 4 feet taller if I have to. LOL Carport on stilts.

My plan now is to just let them go and learn for next years grow. If need be I will just take down the carport and hang a plastic cover off the trees behind the plants over to the peak of the roof on my house.

To hard headed to prune. :)

dirt farmer

Here is a pic on 8-24-09 when I tied over the 4 main tops on the tall plant. She would be another foot tall if not tied over at that time. And I thought she was done then.

sl738233.jpg