What's new

deleting pictures from gallery

70s_PotHead

Elevator Man said:
Is there any way of adding macro-management of images at the gallery index level? As in, a 'delete' checkbox next to each image thumbnail? Then the user could refresh, or save the index page, deleting large amounts of images at the same time. There's no difference at the server end, as it will just forward a batch delete command to the DB instead of singly. I'm sure this functionality exists within the gallery PHP code...?

Yea that, ^^^the main reason somthing needs to be changed in this area is for the members security, if for some reason a security issue comes up, you need to have the ability to clean house quickly...jmo

70s :joint:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Elevator Man said:
Sorry to bump this again, but I could really do with some help here - I need to delete a whole lot of images from my gallery - at least half - and it is taking ages to delete them individually - up to a minute per image. At this rate it could take a week...:(

Is there any way of adding macro-management of images at the gallery index level? As in, a 'delete' checkbox next to each image thumbnail? Then the user could refresh, or save the index page, deleting large amounts of images at the same time. There's no difference at the server end, as it will just forward a batch delete command to the DB instead of singly. I'm sure this functionality exists within the gallery PHP code...?

Too me this would be the one singe thing that would make life so much better for ICmag members. This really should be addressed. Deleting pics one at a time becomes a huge job to even think about.

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oldpink....good to hear it is getting addressed and hopefully fixed. It will be a real plus for us quanity image posters and for your server as well. Also appriciated! Dr. Duck.

IC Web Support

ICMag Donor
User Menu>>Manage Photos

select the catagorie where you put pics, or if they are in member gallery select another catagorie and then go back to member gallery.

Enjoy

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks IC

Thanks IC

Great...thanks web support...I hope the word gets around that this is avaliable...I've added it to my signature...Dr. Duck.

Last edited:

Core

Quality Control Controller
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this just rocks IC...i just needed 2 clear some photo's 2 put others in...this is shurly a great addition !!

G

this is an excellent improvement, I have been putting off cleaning my gallery out for months. Thanks IC!

gramma watt

User Menu>>Manage Photos

select the catagorie where you put pics, or if they are in member gallery select another catagorie and then go back to member gallery.

Doesn't work for me...says there are no images for that user....

G

gramma watt said:
User Menu>>Manage Photos

Doesn't work for me...says there are no images for that user....

is this up & running yet? i get the same as gramma watt

help please

R

Ronley

star crash said:
is this up & running yet? i get the same as gramma watt

help please

Yes I am deleting some of mine now.
You need to toggle the SORT BY: title/most Active to refresh the screen.

Skip

Veteran
Brother Bear when I checked yesterday your images were all gone.

You can always ask a mod or admin to delete your images. But mods will only delete ALL your images, we can't go and select images, that's your responsibility.

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yes sir, my old gallery is gone :yes:
and thanks for that BTW :respect:

nah, i was just cruising through my Albums now and deleting some older shots
and at one at a time it really starts to hurt the head
i know we had it set up better before, i was wondering why that option was taken away
and if it could be added back in :yeahthats
thanks for your time
:smoweed:

Skip

Veteran
As long as you're posting new images in the Forum Albums, you won't have a problem deleting them.