What's new

Da Purps: TH Seeds.

BennyBlanco

Can It All Be So Simple!
Veteran
I just tried to germ 10 seeds only 1 popped its growing now germ rate sucked a waste of money imo.....
I popped over 100 seeds for the summer and this strain are the only ones I had trouble with......
Im 100 percent sure it was not grower error!!!

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
More confirmation they have dubious genetics. I'm just confused how a breeder can continue to expect people to purchase their beans when so many individual growers are experiencing vast troubles. I hadn't heard about TH Seeds until I started reading those Big Books of Bud by Ed Rosenthal. They continuously had good reviews, have obviously won a few cannabis cups.....
What's the big disconnect here? How can they have this positive backhistory, but all this negative current press about the genetics? I haven't seen a singular post that expounds the virtues of practically any TH Seeds genetics...
Any insight here from anyone?

A

Aerokush101

TH Seeds...sucks.

I ordered MKUltra a couple of years ago, and was ripped off. Their products should come with a warning, similar to the one on cigarette boxes.

*Warning*
Genetics maybe completely falsified by originator, any and all attempts to take our brand seriously, might create you to loose serious hours of work, preparation, finances, and sleep.

accessndx

Veteran
Can you elaborate on "ripped off". Did the beans not germ? Were they all male? Did your plants stretch like crazy.....
We're all in consensus here; TH Seeds is at best DUBIOUS. What I need to know is what happened in your particular circumstance.
I obviously won't be purchasing more TH Seeds products.

Although; they did have nice gear in their shop, as well as fresh mushies. That's about the nicest thing I can say about their main location in the 'dam.

It's obvious alot of people have been led to believe things that simply aren't true about their genetics and the products of those genes.

If it weren't for threads like these, others could be duped into purchasing alot of their stuff...which would invariably be a waste.

I bought MK-Ultra 2 years ago and it was great! I wish I had pics......though it seems now I just got lucky.....hhhmmmm.....shady bizness sucks

accessndx

Veteran
Getting PMs from some reputable posters indicating good things about at least SOME of the TH Seeds genetics (you know who you are...LOL). Seems all is not lost.
Might require another look. As I said earlier in this thread....the Da Purps smells like pineapples soaked in vodka or whiskey or something alcoholy. I can't say I've smelled anything quite like it. The smell alone makes it something I'm eager to grow out. I will invariably keep people posted. I'd really like to have a good story here about Da Purps.
Very little is known about its' heritage, there's not much description even on the TH Seeds site.....
Less people seem to have grown it, but the individuals here seem to have had issues (Zombo immediately comes to mind).
Well, I can tell you that the gals are ready to clone and as soon as they have roots, they're well on their way to flowering. More to come.

P.S.-thanks for the continued interaction and opinions.

Z

zombo

Hey EM, I can't explain the differences, but no,they are not the same.

hey accessndx, i don't know if this helps but I ran couple THSEEDS strains a while back,
unfortunately I did not get to flower them because I had to move, BUT let me say this the two KUSHAGE (OGK x S.A.G.E.) phenos that i had veged had an insane LEMON PINE SOL smell that had me foaming at the mouth! Seriously the smell was outa control stunk up the whole place and wasn't even flowering!

didn't run the purps but if makes u feel any better about the company...

... oh yeah and as far as growth structure goes the Kushage was not as much sativa as the mk-ultra, buku,and sage n sour, that were right along side her, the others all had thin blades and grew like weeds, while the Kushage had wide leaves and a a more stout /short(er) growth stucture.

by the way as I'm sure you can tell from my post count I am a complete newb to IC, and I have only had one harvest, so I'm a newb all round! Basicaly don't put too much stock in what i say, i just wanted to put my 2 cents in , hope i helped,

Peace

Mr B.

Do you have pictures of the kushage?

I have currently grown out some kushage, and IMO it was waste of time and space.
Streched like hell. foxtailing ass hell too. +nanners.
Smoking it now as I type. Nice smoke. But not the plant I want in my garden.

B

unfortunately no pics plus i didn't get to flower so i don't know about the stretch, I just thought that it was stinking alot for something that was in veg.
all lemon pine sol not citrus lemon but like the cleaner, hey is that was yours tastes like? lemons? or what ?

ya see whats funny or mabe i sould say sad lol. is that i grew out there HOG and it looked almost identical to the pics you guys posted.
so yet another supposed pure indica that wasnt indica at all? i have also grown there bubblegum which was way better than the HOG. but thats not saying much they were indi dom.
but had no bubblegum taste or smell strickly skunky.

and there have been many of there strains reported by a great many people that have been bad.
you had better grow out atleast 100 seeds of any 1 of there strains to find something that even comes close to there descriptions.

THseeds sux i'll never buy there gear again.

BigRedBud

bought mendocino madness from them for outside this year because its supposed to be there fastest flowerer. and as of right now they look like they need another month and a half to finish. completly sativa in structure and apparently flowering time, most definatly not what i was expecting.

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well i LOVE their Chocolate Chunk
i ran it twice now

and plan to run them again and again :muahaha:
now i did have a few nanners on each gal this time, but once plucked they never came back

first time 10 seeds 6 fems
2 died when i took them outside :badday:
but i pulled 10oz from the remaining 4 (first indoor grow !!)

second time 5 seeds gifted from a friend :friends: :respect:
five fems- still growing

people beg and beg to score some the "next time" i find some :muahaha:
:smoweed:

accessndx

Veteran
Well I thought this thread was headed the way of the dodo...apparently not.
Since it's been resurrected, I'll put in MY 2 cents: I grew out 2 phenotypes of the "Da Purps"....I had to pull both of them after 12 weeks of flowering with practically no "significant" development.

This is the description as cited on the TH Seeds Website:
The long awaited first Purps hybrid is here!
We’ve coupled this almost mystic female Purps with a great Afghani male and kept the original spicy flavor of the Purps while piling on just a bit more resin...

Type: Mostly Indica
Height: 140-160 cm
Yield: 300 - 350 p.s.m.
Flowering Time: 91/2 to 10 weeks.

The flowering time indicated is 10 weeks as the upper end of maximum....and it comes right from the horse's mouth. 12 weeks and the gals looked like they had just started flowering a week prior. As far as being "mostly indica"....I can only say I've never seen indica growth like that....more like giant lanky sativas.
It's one thing if you're expecting to go 12 or more weeks with a strain....another thing entirely when you've flowered in excess of the suggested flowering time and the broads look all sparse and "weedy".
That's my best description: this particular strain grows like a weed...not good "weed"...the bad weed you want to pull out of your garden.

Now...in defense of TH Seeds...I sent a couple of Chocolate Chunk beans to a friend...and he grew them out. They don't look too shabby....it looks like mighty decent smoke. He had prior experience with this strain and defended it from the get-go....(Edit:LOL...apparently he posted a couple of seconds before I did...so you can see his CC above...)

So: Is TH Seeds all bad? Absolutely not...there are examples of it all around....
Do some of their strains suck big time? Yes, this Da Purps was a classic example of ditch weed...and I might as well have just lit my money on fire...

As far as where the beans came from: right from the man himself "Adam" at the TH Seeds storefront in Amsterdam...
I brought them back myself so there's no question about their origin.

Last edited: