What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Colorado: End the ‘war on patients’ access to marijuana

K

Kola Radical

It looks to me like we are headed towards legalization. That would clear up everyone's confusion about the law and with the side effect of killing the black market.

Have you seen what is going on in Juarez right now? Check out the El Paso Times:
http://www.elpasotimes.com/

This insanity has to stop. Over 3,000 people murdered this year and you will probably not hear about it on CNN or Fox News.

Stop Prohibition and this madness will end.

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah El Paso has been talking about it for awhile, de-criminalizing all drugs. As far as I'm concerned though Mexico can have El Paso back...

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
So i wonder when the people will vote for commercial growing laws for medical Marijuana patients. I dont think Self Regulations will get the mmj movement any place it needs to be.

i think this is all going to have to be voted on and basically do away with prohibition.

i guess remove all the gray areas of the law.. but they wanted them in the first place right?

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are you fucking kidding me? The City of Greeley is hearing proposals to ban MMJ dispensaries, while also hearing a proposal to charge local sales tax to dispensaries OUTSIDE of the City which serve greeley residents. How fucking hamfisted is that??
Also tonight, the council will hear first reading of an ordinance to disallow medical marijuana dispensaries in Greeley. The council will also hear on first reading an ordinance that would amend the municipal code to require outside-Greeley medical marijuana dispensaries that serve local residents to carry a local sales tax license and remit sales tax on medical marijuana and associated products.

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
wow that is crazy. I guess this is so New they dont know how to react.
Don't come here but if our citizens go there we want some money.

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
I hope it turns into such a market there are dispensaries on every corner.

i should ad that i hope laws are passed that allow that in most cities across Colorado
Colorado MMJ patients have a right to safe access.

Are you fucking kidding me? The City of Greeley is hearing proposals to ban MMJ dispensaries, while also hearing a proposal to charge local sales tax to dispensaries OUTSIDE of the City which serve greeley residents. How fucking hamfisted is that??

:fsu:they sound like the mafia.
AKA the greedy greeley gang, say that 3 times!

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
There's a reason the air around Greely stinks - and it ain't the cows.

edit- ok, ok,,, it ain't just the cows.

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hope it turns into such a market there are dispensaries on every corner.

i should ad that i hope laws are passed that allow that in most cities across Colorado
Colorado MMJ patients have a right to safe access.
My feeling is that the state wants no part of this discussion, and if they did it would come down on the side of more restriction.
clonedoctor420@ said:
they sound like the mafia.
Usually the Mafia doesn't go broke ;)
RockyMountainHi said:
edit- ok, ok,,, it ain't just the cows.
:yeahthats

Surrender

Park County sheriff didn't get the memo:

1,000-Plus Pot Plants Found In 4 Homes In One Subdivision:

Most Plants Left Alone Because Of Medical Marijuana Laws

PARK COUNTY, Colo. -- Four marijuana grows were found in four homes in one subdivision just outside Fairplay, Colo., the Park County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday.

Deputies executed six search warrants simultaneously at six homes in the Warm Springs and Foxtail Pines subdivisions Monday morning.

Four of the homes in the Warm Springs subdivision contained multi-staged marijuana grows with a total of 1,080 live marijuana plants and 5.9 pounds of processed and packaged marijuana, said Sheriff Fred Wegener.

The homes were identified as [removed].

The searches were part of a coordinated operation dubbed Operation Half Dozen, which was the result of a two-week long investigation.

Bryan Curtis Duffy, who lives at [snip], was arrested for illegal cultivation of marijuana. Deputies confiscated 176 live marijuana plants from his home.

The other live marijuana plants and processed marijuana were left at the homes because the owners cited current medicinal marijuana laws.

Park County is in the process of working to establish reasonable regulations on medical marijuana.
So they execute 6 warrants, find 4 grows and only get to take the loot from 1 house, due to what sounds like a paperwork error on the grower's part.

But with those numbers (200+ per house) I'm kinda surprised the feds didn't step in...

And what about the 2 houses that didn't have anything going on?

here's another take on it:

1,080 marijuana plants uncovered in Park County
All but 176 found to be for medicinal use

Mike Potter
Staff Writer

A Fairplay man was arrested on Oct. 5 after deputies found 176 marijuana plants growing in his home in the Warm Springs subdivision near Fairplay.

Bryan Curtis Duffy, 37, was arrested on charges of marijuana cultivation and possession of more than eight ounces of marijuana, both felonies.

Park County Sheriff's Deputies uncovered the growing operation while executing six search warrants in the Warm Springs and Foxtail Pines subdivisions near Fairplay.

Deputies were searching for marijuana-growing operations.

Besides Duffy's residence, three other residences were found with marijuana growing inside.

In total, 1080 plants were found at four residences, but 904 were found to be medicinal.

Park County Undersheriff Monte Gore said the search warrants were executed after a two-week investigation.

He said the Sheriff's Office was tipped off about possible suspicious activity by a resident who lived in the subdivision.

Gore said that although growing medical marijuana is legal in Colorado, it is still illegal under to federal law.

He said Park County is in the process of drafting guidelines that would regulate the growth of medical marijuana in the county.

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They just love to endanger the legal growers every chance they get.

I Hope someone helps that nosy neighbor feel more at peace.
Love to hear what they have to say when the realize the cops can't do anything about it.

K

KermitTheHermit

This whole Park County thing may have been orchestrated by Eric Cartman...he hates hippies in his neighborhood!

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Another point for the med community, and another successful case where Corry argued that a patient can possess any amount necessary.
http://www.gazette.com/articles/marijuana-63751-confiscated-grower.html

And when his stash came up 43 grams short??

Thomas’ supply was 43 grams lighter than when police seized it, his attorney claimed, a discrepancy police attributed to sending some of the drug to a lab for testing.

I also caught a quick blurb on tv saying that the MMJ laws in Colorado could change. Can't find any additional info. Guess I'll have to watch Fox 31 news tonight...

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
Ill watch tonight. i haven't heard anything but i wonder what type of change?

43 grams short it must of been one hell of a test...

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Same here, not looking forward to Zappollo, the guy is a douche.

He should charge them for the 1.5 oz missing, I'd frame that check.