What's new

Colombian and other South American landrace seeds.

DragronfuitKing

Hello there to every cannabis loving human 👽🖖 haha I am wondering if anyone knows any seed banks where I could find cultivars like Punto Rojo, Colombian Gold, and specially Limon Verde (the most elusive so far)?

bleepboop

Cannabiogen is good for Columbians. Tolima Punto Rojo is in their red snake IBL, possibly straight Punto Rojo is still available. The columbian mangobiche is definitely still well distributed.

DragronfuitKing

Thanks a lot to everyone who took the time to post and make suggestions 👐👐 I'll be definitely looking harder into Cannabiogen which I did read about elsewhere, and give a look to USC 👊

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Landrace Team has a Punto Rojo. Have heard it is good. I have PR seeds from ACE. Also Mangobiche which I have not grown yet. The PR was strong but not otherwise great, just one plant though. USC Colombian Gold 72 was good and seemed to be authentic. I had CG back in 78 and it had a incense smell to it that the USC seed plants did not have.

DragronfuitKing

The Landrace Team has a Punto Rojo. Have heard it is good. I have PR seeds from ACE. Also Mangobiche which I have not grown yet. The PR was strong but not otherwise great, just one plant though. USC Colombian Gold 72 was good and seemed to be authentic. I had CG back in 78 and it had a incense smell to it that the USC seed plants did not have.

Thank you for the info!! And yeah, it seems that those OG PR, limón verde, and CG are being lost. But that is precisely why I asked, it motivates me to perhaps make a trip to Colombia in search for them, and if I have any luck, share them with MMS ( told me it would be interesting to get a hold of some) so that perhaps they can help preserve them, and maybe why not, offer them to the public.

Lastly, anyone familiar with any other South American cultivars(e.g. Mexico, Panama) and if those are being kept around?

SUPER_HAZE

I do not recommend the landrace team punto rojo. Here there was a follow-up and a few hermie plants came out. Also the prices are very high in my opinion. You need enough seeds to make a good selection.

Ace Seeds has panama along with Cannabiogen. It is a hybrid of several Panamanian varieties. There is still some old Mexican variety like old Panama but in collectors' circles, not for sale to the public.

DragronfuitKing

I do not recommend the landrace team punto rojo. Here there was a follow-up and a few hermie plants came out. Also the prices are very high in my opinion. You need enough seeds to make a good selection.

Ace Seeds has panama along with Cannabiogen. It is a hybrid of several Panamanian varieties. There is still some old Mexican variety like old Panama but in collectors' circles, not for sale to the public.

Thanks for the heads up, I checked TLT website yesterday and kinda got some weird vibe from it. And yeah ofc! A lot of seeds LOL but is worth it if done right, and I'm tryna rep my region properly 💪💪 thank you a lot for replying Super Haze, seems there's a lot more to know about, and that's awesome... hope y'all have a good weekend

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I haven't tried it but ACE Honduras, or one of it's crosses (Honduras x Panama for example) might be good. I am going to grow the HxP later this year.

DragronfuitKing

I haven't tried it but ACE Honduras, or one of it's crosses (Honduras x Panama for example) might be good. I am going to grow the HxP later this year.

If you make a thread on it I'll totally be on the look for it man! 👀 you gonna grow it outdoors I suppose?

Chi13

ICMag Donor
If you make a thread on it I'll totally be on the look for it man! 👀 you gonna grow it outdoors I suppose?

:biggrin: No, sadly it will be indoors, but rest assured, I am used to growing tropical sativa's indoors. A bit of bondage, supercropping, pot restriction, minimal veg, and LEDs normally works ok. I don't do grow threads but sometimes post pics of the plant once finished. There's a good thread in the ACE section and if I post a pic will tack it onto the sticky thread.

Another one you might consider is Mangobiche. Not sure if it is still available, either ACE or Cannabiogen. There was an Aussie grower (Bushweed I think) who used to say it was very good, and quite potent. I have a few seeds of Vanuatu sativa that is supposedly descended from Mangobiche but have not got around to popping them yet.

funkyhorse

South America is scorched earth and this is the result of the policies applied towards the region by the potencies
The little stuff that may have survived if any at all from the 20th century is in the hand of collectors. There is stuff from 2000s onwards but those genetics are not the real thing and by that time all landraces were hybridized and lost in the continent

I think hermaphroditism is environmental. I grew colombian black from TLT and had no intersex problems at all while at other environments very respected growers report intersex problems on this line. And I have hermaphroditism on strains other growers reported as stable genetics. Environment for the strain is important too.
From colombian black I obtained 3 plants having 3 different looking buds and different smells. By the time it was collected it was already hybridized, same with all the versions of Punto Rojo. It seems the original stuff from the 20th century is gone. In the 20th century from southamerican landraces(the famous bagseed) you were getting from the seeds the same plants as the mother and all plants were looking the same thing like Ohz or Cg72

CG72 is a pure line, all of the plants gave same looking buds with similar smells and high. One of them had colourful purple but still had the same structure, buds and looks as the rest
If this is really from 1972 then happened to this line what Bean is explaining here. The high is very far from what we had in South America as Punto Rojo in the 80s

RobFromTX

I believe that MB is a repro of Cannabiogens MB but i'm not positive.

Good luck!

Thanks Lugo. Did you ever run the strain from cannabiogen? Underground has been around for such a long time and theres barely any grow reports on their gear. Just their colombian gold 72

Lugo

Veteran
Thanks Lugo. Did you ever run the strain from cannabiogen? Underground has been around for such a long time and theres barely any grow reports on their gear. Just their colombian gold 72
No, I have not but from what ive seen so far I like. Just haven't heard anyone raving about the high itself.

I'd definetely give it a shot though, its a beautiful plant 😍

Latest posts

Latest posts