What's new

COCO 250W ("The Pure" & Chemdog IX1) Using H3AD's formula.

bounty29

Custom User Title
Veteran
First thing I thought of when I saw this pic was "He let his coco get a tad too dry"

How dry was it prior to the watering/feeding a few times previous to that pic?

I looked through your pics, it looks like most of them the coco looks nice and moist. I wouldn't let it get too much more dry than the plant on the far right in this picture...

And this is too dry, and probably the reason your leaves looks like that.

Other than that things are looking great, I haven't had a single complaint since my switch to coco! :wave:

TheBEAK

Thx JDK. Good to have you here:)

bounty I think you're quite right about them having too little to drink at the end of their stay in the 2,2 L pots. And that same dryness can also lead to the overferting/claws I saw on some the girls.

blackone

Veteran
All in all your plants are looking pretty damn good though:) I think you're up for a very nice harvest if you can keep them healthy.
I'm excited to see both of those strains... I hope the chem is free of any herm traits - it probably should be since it's a clone from a friend?

TheBEAK

blackone said:
All in all your plants are looking pretty damn good though:) I think you're up for a very nice harvest if you can keep them healthy.
I'm excited to see both of those strains... I hope the chem is free of any herm traits - it probably should be since it's a clone from a friend?

The cuts are from gonz, who had the following to say about this particular pheno.

gonz_DK said:
The smell, it´s hard to descripe but I´ll try. It has a slight sour diesel smell with a earthly hint.

The potency of this one, is very strong and it´s covert with resin. I´ll say its perfect for medical users.

The smoke is very smooth and kush like, but still, to many drags will close your throat. The taste is a little lacking when smoking but the potency will make up for it.

He never mentoined any hermie problems in his threads about his IX1's, so I dont think there are any.

Here's a pic of the clawing, which so far is only present on two of my pure's.

Last edited:

TheBEAK

Flowering day 8

I've started feeding them today after the 1 L of straight ph'ed RO.

Full strengh.

I snapped a shot of them all together, and I also thought this IX1 should get it's 15 min.

The sun messed with my lighting, so I'll get better shots later.

The Cab is already packed, and they're not done streching yet.
It's a jungle in there.

Last edited:

blackone

Veteran
A jungle is always better than light hitting the soil:) Catch those photons hehe.
I checked Gonz' grow and I remember reading it before - it was pretty impressive.

TheBEAK

blackone said:
A jungle is always better than light hitting the soil:) Catch those photons hehe.
I checked Gonz' grow and I remember reading it before - it was pretty impressive.

Yeah I hope I can live up to his grow, because I can't blame it on genetics if anything goes wrong here;)

Flowering day 13

Hello everyone

Things are going better now, they really like it wet these girls. I'm starting to realise that I'll prob be watering them everyday for their last month or so. They are fine with every other day now, but in two weeks time, they'll prob dry out in those 48 hours, so I'll up it to everyday by then.

I've started using a little bit of epsom salt(1/2 tsp pr 6 liters), to help with the sligt yellowing some of them are showing.

I sure hope they're done streching soon, because they've have streched quite a bit already.

Loving seeing the pistils starting to build up though:)

Here's some shot of my Pure's first:

And here's some of the Chemdawg IX1's.
They're impressing my these days.

And here's some mixed shots

That's it for now people

K

krushonkush

greenness!

greenness!

Right on! Beak the garden looks great my friend.
they are stating to bud already! I love this part....
just sit back,keep em wet and let grow! check back soon....later
:joint: :joint:

tequila_sunrise

very interesting! I just stopped by and your thread has inspired my own garden a bit... Im thinking of doin something similar with my training, not quite SCROG but train enough to be just as effective.

Gonna stick around for this one for sure!!!

TheBEAK

Thx guys:)

tequila_sunrise said:
very interesting! I just stopped by and your thread has inspired my own garden a bit... Im thinking of doin something similar with my training, not quite SCROG but train enough to be just as effective.

Gonna stick around for this one for sure!!!

I was really conviced that I would be doing SCROG this time, but it would be such a hassle that the plants are stuck in the cab.
If I'll do SCROG, it would prob be modular, so I can get the plants out.

S

split kooks

nice work so far :)
H3AD rocks! :joint:

im stoked to see what you can do with these chemdawgs!

& it looks as if we are on the same schedules, so im psyched to do a bit of a comparison here :rasta:

Last edited:

tequila_sunrise

TheBEAK said:

I was really conviced that I would be doing SCROG this time, but it would be such a hassle that the plants are stuck in the cab.
If I'll do SCROG, it would prob be modular, so I can get the plants out.

That's what I was thinking... as my original cab makes it hard for me to move the plants once they are in there and growin nice. I was thinking of making 6"x6" screens, one per plant. Using a kitty litter tub as the potter (2gallon tub)

However, I have since purchased a secret jardin and I have much more space so... I dont know what I'm going to do. Probably wont even bother with the scrog. LST seems like its kicking ass for you! :rasta:

TheBEAK

Hi split:)

Are you growing in coco aswell?

@tequila
The LST does make the training a little bit more time-consuming, but modular SCROG would take a lot of work aswell. LST does the job, but If i could choose, I would go with modular SCROG for an almost perfect canopy.

Flowering day 15

It's starting to get interesting these days:)

They're still growing, so I'll have to raise my lights more than my easy-roll's allow, so I'll just hang it from a short chain. I'll get that done soon.

Here's some Chemdawg IX1's

And some Pure's here:
They're pushing out the pistils a little faster than the dawgs.

Peace

K

krushonkush

What up Beak? Lookin good as always...they
sure love that coco. and how ease is H3ad's formula...got to love it!
How do you like "The Pure"? I've been looking
through your last grow and some others,and I most say
it looks awesome! True skunk #1 uh...... Looks real cheap
for seeds too. keep em coming :joint:

southflorida

lives on planet 4:20
Veteran
doing some nice bondage work...to those girls...as always.....beak...lol

always a pleasure to check out your report

TheBEAK

@krushonkush

I've been very pleased with choosing "The Pure".
It yields great, and gives you a great lemony sativa-leaning smoke. I'd recommend it:)

Flowering day 21

Stop streching bitches!

Man they're still growing upwards, and especially one of the IX1's is streching quite a lot. I'll figure something out, in case the light needs to be moved upwards again.

The trichs are starting to creep in, and the plants are turning more rigid, and pumping out pistils.

It looks like I'll begin the watering everyday sooner than I thought. Looks like in a week or two.

Here's a few randoms shots

blackone

Veteran
It looks good:) You have some promising heads growing there and it does look like you're close to the end of the violent stretch phase - although perhaps a single plant seems a bit later and might have a bit more to give. Some work done on placing the tallest ones at the ends might give you a little more headspace if you haven't done it already.
If the actual budbuilding runs smoothly then I see no reason why you shouldn't be getting at least 150 grams, perhaps quite a bit more than that.

TheBEAK

blackone said:
It looks good:) You have some promising heads growing there and it does look like you're close to the end of the violent stretch phase - although perhaps a single plant seems a bit later and might have a bit more to give. Some work done on placing the tallest ones at the ends might give you a little more headspace if you haven't done it already.
If the actual budbuilding runs smoothly then I see no reason why you shouldn't be getting at least 150 grams, perhaps quite a bit more than that.

Hi Blackone:)

I like to rotate the plants every few days, so every plants get some time in the "sweet spot" under the lights, but maybe I'll keep the tallest on the sides if it gets worse. For now, they're doing fine, but another 10 cm and I'll have to make a move.

I did 158 grams in soil last run, but I used an MH in the veggin' process, compared to a 110W cfl this time so I hope the coco will compensate and adjust the yield.

Latest posts

Latest posts