What's new

Chinese yunnan indica

goingrey

Just vaped a little bit of some China Yunnan Indica that has been curing for about a year.

Taste is pretty generic (tastes like weed). Potency is good.

The high is warm. I don't mean that as a description of the quality of the high. You literally feel warm. Great winter weed!

Not trippy or speedy but also not tiring or confusing either. You feel kinda normal, but high, if that makes sense. And warm.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
@Tranquilidade Kali China is exactly that: a very refined, high-THC, purple China Yunnan indica stabilized hybrid.

Thanks for your feedback @goingrey most China Yunnan do indeed have a very warm (physically and psychologically) effect, that was one of the traits i liked the most from this line, even from the start working with her 20 years ago. The sweet and sour more indica leaning phenos and the floral earthy types with more sativa influence both commonly produce such warm-pleasant effects, of mid potency and duration, but of great quality (for that type of high) and therapeutic relief. Then, there's the odd, purple, more hashplant indica pheno, much more potent than other others in average, but no so kind-warm in effects.

Lebanizer

[...]

You literally feel warm. Great winter weed!

Not trippy or speedy but also not tiring or confusing either. You feel kinda normal, but high, if that makes sense. And warm.
Now that certainly sounds peculiar enough that you've stirred my curiosity ! How about the smell in bloom ? Is it a funk fest or stealthy one ?

Last edited:

goingrey

Now that certainly sounds peculiar enough that you've stirred my curiosity ! How about the smell in bloom ? Is it a funk fest or stealthy one ?
Well it was some time ago that I grew it but I distinctly remember the smell of the live plant as it was very unpleasant, some kind of sulfur compounds involved for sure. I'd say aged cheese to appear distinguished but my real association was a children's novelty aerosol can called "fart spray". Stealthy in the sense that people might not recognize the smell as cannabis, and maybe just more unpleasant than super loud, but I would not recommend growing it without odor control.

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran
There is variations in both the smell and high of this line. Its been some years but i remember one that smell like beer, not very potent, but a decent indica Stone. There was the purple i posted here years ago, decent potency, although short lived high. Very unique and strong taste, quite floral, can hardly describe it better.
There was a hemp like pheno, with huge flowers, but very low potency and not much taste, kinda the generic taste of most landraces, if that make sense.
And a last one, very potent, maybe too potent, with some anxiety in the high. Very nice smell of foie gras from her, taste a bit generic, remembered me the taste of the old school NL

Tranquilidade

I can't do indoors until the summer end, so I planted Yunnanita in the backyard to keep my grower's spirit alive :smokeit:

3-week China Yunnan (Standard)

yunanita.jpg

Tranquilidade

I put my only Yunnan into the tent for a sex test, and it turned out into a neat-looking male. Saving pollen for a Kali China Elite F3xF4 female. Hoping to create Kali China in reg format, and this is as close as I can get genetically. It doesn't have to be perfect, but I really want a KC male in my bedroom breeder's arsenal :geek: I hope I will find one in the Yunnan x Kali China Elite F3xF4 progeny.

yunnan.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Sorry to hear your lone China Yunnan became male @Tranquilidade but glad you have good plans for him ;)

Hi @earthshroom sorry for the delay in the reply, yeah based on flowering traits and big colas looks to me like a more sativa phenotype. How was the smoke ?

China Yunnan has some raw, nasty terpene profiles in pure form, it takes quite a lot of selection to find those very refined ones on the nose like the one used for Kali China.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
@dubi have you noticed any undesirable effects from this line in terms of effects?

Kali China is the highly worked, THC-rich Chinese indica dominant hybrid of very complex terpenes and very desirable effects, while the pure China Yunnan has been reproduced more raw and open pollinated in order to preserve all its chemotypes and variations, in that sense pure China Yunnan is more irregular for effects and terpenes, and requires much more selection compared with Kali China.

Sensistar42

Just ordered a pack from multiverse beans! After a sample test of my orient express my gf was really into the indica feel of it. So I figured I would grab up the building blocks for other strains that I would like to make that is heavy/relaxing but not crappy after feeling.

Hopefully I will find some good males in it and get a good open pollenation. After I do a run of ethiopian/honduras and Nepal annuprna after. Would be a pefect opportunity to cross those to a short flowering plant to play around with after. 🥰

Latest posts

Latest posts