What's new

Chem 4 & Chem D side-by-side

Brastaman

ElGato said:
yo Crazy man!!! nice pics bro

i've run the D & 4 several times and the 4 is for sure a better yeilder.
but imho thats the only thing the 4 has over the D

they are both PM magnets, more than any other plants i've grown

to me the 4 cut is like a piney/chemmy weaker kinda taste and smell while the D is full on stink stank stunk of the highest order ...i get a chemmy green skunkish taste and smell with undertones of burnt tire rubber in there as well

theyre both good imho but the D is the cream as far as i'm concerned

chem D

mj

that last pic has nanners coming from its leaf stem.

Techna

great looking stuff

im looking to get chemdog d cutting... have they not been released? i havnt found a coop to carry any yet

G

Greyskull

Techna said:
great looking stuff

im looking to get chemdog d cutting... have they not been released? i havnt found a coop to carry any yet

My opinion is these kinda cuts (clone only elites) just don't get released freely into the general population. The guys I know who have elites treat them like the golden geese they are. It might just be me but I would be wary of believing any co-op's chemdog d cuts are the real deal...

But if there IS a co-op with the real deal available let me know and I'll be first in line!

H

Hazeseeker

Awesome plants CC, how strong an aroma did the Chem's have compared to say the Uk Cheese (particularly the Chem D)?,
i had the chance to run Kryptonite's Chem D x OG Kush, and found what i think was a Chem D pheno,
stunk to high heaven (like really strong) , really meaty smell, fuel + diesel

peace :joint:

DrLongbottom

Veteran
Heya CC lookin good on that end....you get your boys off that gh3part yet?!!

Chem4 versus ChemD.....No Contest the D wins hands down....shorter flower time combined with large yield (for me done in 63) and as far as potency...the 4 doesnt even come close to the D. peace DLB

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ChemD vs Chem4

ChemD vs Chem4

Im still running the D but culled the 4. One thing i noticed about the 4 is she seemed to continue to throw white hairs and never looked as ripe as the D even after 75 days. I take the D at 65. Outdoor I still have the D running and will take her this thursday... almost november :) heres a cpl pics of the outdoor D.

Crazy Composer

Medicine Planter
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
mxpx said:
hey guys whats the strech like with the chem4????

Not bad, average.

Hazeseeker said:
Awesome plants CC, how strong an aroma did the Chem's have compared to say the Uk Cheese (particularly the Chem D)?,
i had the chance to run Kryptonite's Chem D x OG Kush, and found what i think was a Chem D pheno,
stunk to high heaven (like really strong) , really meaty smell, fuel + diesel

peace :joint:

The Chem D is VERY strong in aroma, while the #4 is a much lighter, more citrussy smell. #4 is weak in every departmen compared to the D, except yield, where she is on par or slightly better perhaps. Another good thing about the #4 is the branching, which is more supportive of the bud weight than the D... But the D is worth the extra staking and work. ;) The D's smell is... completely offensive when it's fresh, slightly less so dry... but the taste of the smoke is pure cannabis goodness, no doubt.\

DrLongbottom said:
Heya CC lookin good on that end....you get your boys off that gh3part yet?!!

Chem4 versus ChemD.....No Contest the D wins hands down....shorter flower time combined with large yield (for me done in 63) and as far as potency...the 4 doesnt even come close to the D. peace DLB

Heya, DLB. I'm always trying new nutrients, get good results from all of them, some better than the others. I never was a big fan of GH (2 part, BTW), but I wanted to give it a good long try to make sure I knew what I was talking about before criticizing blindly. I tried GH 6/9 and had decent results. Every grower has different needs and desires. GH meets the needs and desires of many growers out there, there's nothing to be ashamed of if you don't have much time to dedicate, but want good yields and use GH to get what you like. I happen to prefer organics, and because I have tried GH and GH/organic hybrid styles, I can say... from actual experience... that I know what I like. But I certainly wouldn't put anyone down for making a choice that makes sense to them. I hassle friends who use GH as a stand-alone, but it's all in jest.

Babba, BEAUTIFUL plant, mister! I know what you're saying with the #4 throwing new pistils forever! hehehe I think she's done enough at 70-77 days, but it look slike she'd flower for 100 if you'd let her. But the pot just isn't worth that kind of wait. The yield is nice, but the smoke is what I'm after. Good seeing you. :)

Hey, Danimal! :spank:

Last edited:
W

wonkanobe

the 4 will have mature trichs before the hairs all turn red. Pretty blown way how many peeps around the world have know grown out the 4. when i popped the seeds in 06 i would never imagined how it would spread if i gave it out. I like d better as well. its just more chemmy then then the 4

D

dankbudz

i just got the D rooted. i have a 2 foot tall chem 4 mother. ill be running both of these side by side in a couple of months