What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CFL Rubbermaid Experiment w/ EarlyPearlxNorthernLights!!!

28 DAYS BLOOM

28 DAYS BLOOM

PIC UPDATE! ONLY 17 DAYS LEFT!
Remember I will chop some at 45, 52 and 60 DAYS. I want to see what the difference is between early and late with this strain. The mother was great at about 49 Days when I chopped her, but the seed supplier claims BEST between 45-50days.

I was playin around with my camera so I took a bunch of pics. I hope you enjoy. I know I have been lookin at my girls a lot more lately. Starting to show some nice frost and alot of hairs.

I like this pic!

The three younger clones, same bloom time and just less veg time.

Different angles give different light spectrum.

THen I used the camera's zoom and crop option to take a closer look:

Just some more nice lookin pics.

Thanks for stoppin.
Till next time,
Drkn_Mnky420

Last edited:

tngreen

Veteran
hey man! things are looking great in the rubbermaid! i cant tell from the picks but are they LST'd at all? its not too late to tie down the tallest ones to counter the stretch a little. the great thing about that is if they dont end up stretching all the way, you can untie and let them free while they startin packn on the buds. keep it up :lurk:

Hey tngreen, Thanks for stoppin by!

All the nice buds you see are pretty much all ONE plant, hahaha... :D
20760SD530751.JPG

The three smaller clones are way down at the bottom right corner of that pic. There is also one other clone that is visible in this pic at the very bottom left corner. Otherwise I trained the shit out of this girl. I have been supercropping the tops as they get too tall or I use some bonzai training wire to hold her down.

They are all in one cat litter box w/ 5 gallons of fox farm OF and perlite. Had some troubles in the beginning as all my clones died except the big girl. So I tried to make more as fast as I could and well I guess it didn't pay. I probably won't get much bud from the younger clones, but an eighth or quater off each is good in my book. Plus I am cutting some early and some later hoping this will help the younger ones fatten up and let me test what the difference of 45 and 60 days is.

Well most of this info is on the first page, so read up if you would like.
Later, Drkn_Mnky420

tngreen

Veteran
looking good to me, i think youll be surprised what the next 2 weeks brings you. just keep them healthy and you will be rewarded!

DAY 38 BLOOM

DAY 38 BLOOM

Update time, I waited a little longer to take some more pics because I used a sample of some Humboldt's Gravity 6 days ago. I wanted to see if there would be any immidiate effects.

I guess I am not exactly sure what I am looking for but the next grow I use gravity I plan to keep a control plant so I can do a comparison for my own peace of mind.

Anyways only about 7 days left before I consider chopping, which I am going to take some at the 45 day mark.

So have a look now that is has been 10 days since the last photo shoot.

I like the looks of this main cola, which this plant had two main colas to start with.

This is the other main cola, she got a little too tall and I bent her over:

I took a pic of the over all height, which could have been about 6 inches taller or more had I not suppercropped/trained her through out bloom.

Lets not forget the smaller clones on the side of the big lady:

20760SD530804.JPG

Just some more fun pics from the monster in the middle:

Thanks for stoppin, I will definitely update when I see any major change or the day I chop some.

K

khaleel

great thread drnkmonkey420! :wave:

i'm a cfl grower myself, well a 200 watt floro for veg and T5s in bloom. if you get a sec, check my sig line and make a contribution to the "free your floro bud shots!", its turned into a nice collection of floro grower testimonials, and that godbud needs to be seen by the community haha

i love the pink pistols on the bagseed, very nice. had a question though are you really going to harvest at just over six weeks? i like to harvest early too, prefer a heady rather than couchlock buzz, but even so that's pretty early... do you have any way to check the trichs and see what percentage is milky? i know some strains mature early, just curious. :)

damn fine work brother, hope you don't mind if i stick around to watch :muahaha:

if you don't mind, here's a shot of a super ice bud i grew on my first round... i had some guys tell me cfl's were a waste of time lol if they only knew

56 Days Bloom and I THINK SHE'S DONE?

56 Days Bloom and I THINK SHE'S DONE?

Wow Khaleel That is a really nice bud! Thanks for joining me, I did check out your pic thread. I will see what I can contribute.

Sorry for not updating, been a little busy! But I got a bunch of fun pics.

I am a little concerned this grow. I am thinking that I don't really like humboldt products at all. So far I have tried 2 different products on 2 different grows and both grows made all the leaves get crispy and dead a little to early. I am sure that the first time I grew this strain out there were not all these dead fan leaves. I am also not convinced that my buds are more solid or fatter or any other bogus shit. I think my fan leaves look like shit! Anyways you can be the judge of that. :rant:

I only put less than a teaspoon/gallon of the gravity a couple weeks ago and I see this:
W/GRAVITY NO GRAVITY

I also think that my buds got stunted. Look how full and swollen the Calyx look at a much younger age in that picture. None of my tops have that swollen look goin on. :badday:

I am sure the bud will still be very potent and good to smoke, but I think there could be some weight I am missing out on and I think I could have cut all my plants at 45-50 days if I would not have used the Gravity.

Anyways tell me what you all think, SHOULD I CUT NOW OR LET EM GO LONGER?

This is a lower, smaller bud that looks somewhat healthier than the rest!

This is the longest full bud I got, which is one of the two main tops.
She is just over 7 inches.

This is one of the back buds that I snapped in half because she was getting too tall and I thought I over did it. NOW she looks GREAT!
ZOOMED in a little, but forgot to rotate. OOPS!

I cant forget the Fattest Bud in my box, which happens to be the other Main TOP!

I did cut 7 grams of wet bud off on Day 45 as I said I would. I dried it out to about 2.4grams. Wow very heady and sweet smelling. I like it, but I think it was to early to take more and I am glad I waited for the rest. I took a couple pics after it dried.

With and Without Flash:

So what do you think, I think they are ready, but I am not the expert. I have been using my radioshack scope and I see very few amber triches and still a bunch of clear ones, but mostly cloudy. Most of the pistils are dead and brown???

Well thanks for stoppin, hope you enjoyed!
Drkn_Mnky420

K

khaleel

what up g?! :wave:

thanks for the kudos on the bud :)

hey man, girls are looking good... as for harvest, i have a rule not to harvest if there are still more than 10% clear. too many clear seems to equate with a shorter buzz time.

hmm... with your leaves as far gone as they are, you might have to worry about the trichs themselves starting to degrade though ... ??

i think you are right on the nutes, i know you could do better without all the fancy products and humbldt hype. i mean i'm not familiar with humboldt line, it may very well be a good quality product, but in general terms less is more. i myself just switched from a 2 part organic liquid system back to my easy-powder advanced nutrients fert. just had too much bullshit with the ph and ppm lol. keep is simple is definitely the way to go in the beginning i've learned through trial and error.

the only reason i would let them go another week or two would be to fatten up and get a bit more amber. but if you are cool with cloudy and you think the clear ones are right around 10%, then chop the bitches! haha probably won't fatten up too much more as far along as the plants look.

should be some killer smoke whatever you decide... if you want to play it safe i say give them one more water, keep an eye on the trichs for 3-4 days, and see where that takes you.

one thing that is still getting me, even coming up on 1 year of a perpetual 2 week harvest. the condition of those roots can be a deceptive factor in growing... you can see deficiencies in your plants, thinking you need to add more food, but in reality it could be a problem with nutrient uptake, the main culprits being PH, overwaterng, and overfeeding. creating that perfect balance of microbes, PH, and nutrient build-up takes some time to get down and is different for each grower/system, but it's what bud growth is all about. so make sure your soil is getting nice and dry before watering, and any time you think there is a deficiency make sure its not a lock-out first, by flushing the plant with plain water a couple feedings before adding more nutes. you will be able to see if the plant begins to recover or not quickly enough to still add nutes if it is a true deficiency.

the infirmary would be the place to post if you're wondering about leaves turning brown that quickly. i don't have too much experience there.

great thread, good job on getting the girls to the end mate, i'll be watching for a smoke report!

Thanks for watching Khaleel and the advice is much appreciated. I only wish more people would chime in, but I guess that only tells me one thing, they all must agree with what your sayin.

I did give them some water and let them go longer. I plan on chopping her down tonight thou. I have just found out I need to move again, so I need to chop and get these girls ready for cure ASAP. I just can't wait any longer, and these girls have already gone way past the 45 day mark, which is when they finished and got fat the last round.

I am usually pretty good about not overwatering, in fact I probably push it a little too far. Sometimes I will get home from work and look at my girls only to find that all the leaves are drooping heavily and the soil will be very dry and seperated from the edge of the container. Oops, one day to long w/out water/feeding.

I think most of my issues are due to Mag/Cal def., Ph too high, or low temps. I was having a major Temp issue early in Bloom and I found out the tap water at my current place is running at 8.6 straight out of the tap. Both of these issues go hand in hand with locking out the nutes I was feeding and I think that left a lot of nutes in the soil causing my plants to burn everytime I watered or feed.

Well now I have a meter and will be more careful with my Ph and Summer is near so next grow I will have to worry about temps too high. LOL.

Never can just be easy and straight forward can it?

Anyways, I will post some wet weight results soon along with some final pics. Gotta get going to CHOP CHOP CHOP.
Later,
Drkn_Mnky420

FINALLY!

FINALLY!

Welcome soulflyx2k! Sorry I took so long, but I just cut them yesterday.

I can't beleive these girls took so long to finish this time around. I think my pH issue had something to do with that or the cold long winter. But I did something I have never done before only read about. Maybe it helped or maybe it didn't, because I didn't keep a control subject, I'll never know.

I turned the lights off for three days before I cut and I checked the triches which didn't seem to be changing much over the last two weeks. Yesterday the triches where as white and milky as I have ever seen any of my plants get. I will be trying this finish method in the future with a control subject that way I can see if it really did anything or if my girls just finished either way.

Now for some results, I cut 200 grams of wet sticky buds off yesterday. That's pretty good in my book, but it gets better. I only cut off the upper most fat buds, which was basically about half of the plant and I still got those little clones left to cut down. From what I see, I think I got another 40-50 grams of wet weight left to cut!

Have a look:
20760SD530859.JPG
This is only two of the three paper plates I filled up from my one monster plant. HAHA! :headbange

This was the main cola of my monster:
20760SD530854.JPG

The Monster Plant had two main colas, this is the smaller of the two:
20760SD530852.JPG
Something look funny bout this one? :nono:

The third largest cola is a fatty: Flash, No Flash

MORE COLAS:
20760SD530849.JPG

I hope I total out around 250 wet and 100 dried, but I will update ya on the dry weight in a couple of days. And how well this stuff works! :wave:

I have some numbers for ya all. GRAND TOTAL WET WEIGHT: 245 grams

I thought that was a pretty good number considering past results. I usually get around .5 grams per watt, so I thought I hit my goal of 112 grams. But I think I am in for a rude a wakening.

The first 200 grams I cut shrunk to 54 grams? I am a bit disappointed by that. I am use to 60% shrinkage, not 75%...

O well, this shit is very good smoke and I guess I will just have to start some new girls as soon as I get to my new place.

I will update with the grand total dried weight as soon as the last 45 grams dries out. But I don't think it is going to be more than 14 grams. So my final guess is about 68 grams dried.

Later,
Drkn_Mnky420

Thanks 2stoge for the compliment! But I really want to break the 100 gram mark using the rubbermaid setup.

So I am trying again using a very similiar setup to the one in this thread. Kitty litter box again, with four plants. This time all four plants are about the same size, so I am hoping for a better yield per plant, unlike the massive plant I had w/ a bunch of tiny clones around it that got smothered.

THIS TIME I AM GOING BACK TO BASICS!!! No Gravity, No Bushmaster, no no no other crap other than Bloom, Karma, Grow during veg and first two weeks bloom, superthrive for transplant in veg, and some molasses once in a while to help feed the micro heard. I might invest in Cal Mag if someone thinks it will help? Other wise no more messing around. I need to hit that 100 number!

Well check out my signature for a link to my NEW THREAD!

Thanks for stoppin Orga Nerd!

Well the smoke is very uppity buzzing feeling, not so much couch lock feeling, my cheeks and jaw get real stiff and warm. Obviously the first high of the day is always real good, but then after that you can cheif on this stuff all day and be good to go. If you really want a couch lock feeling just keep puffin one after another 2-3 sessions in a row will make ya pass out.

But in all reality it is good, but not as good as the first time I grew this strain, which would have been the mother to all these clones. The calyx to leaf ratio was much better than this grow, which I think the gravity had something to do with that. The resin production was much lower this time around too.

I dunno, just sayin it could be better! But I do know that I didn't buy a bag all summer long. It was like sweet home alabama all summer long! Actually more like all year long, May of last year I stopped supporting the streets. Haha.

O

Orga_Nerd

That's awesome. I hopefully bought my last bag a week ago. I have 3 little babies that have started.
I love those rushing highs.

Grow on