What's new

Can we please make a Sticky for Powdery Mildew, Bud Rot, etc...

I wood

Hmmm. That building must be cursed.

I moved to an area where growing is safe and very common. Guessing that spores are always being pumped into air all around me. Just something I need to learn to deal with, kind of like growing in the pacific northwest full of commercial greenhouses.

THC123

Veteran
Interesting, sounds like operator error on my part then. It gave me a false sense of security, i would find small spots when trimming, very frustrating.
Guess I need to revisit the light with more attention to detail.
How often do you use it ?

When I see the first signs of PM I start using it.

I use it daily untill the PM has dissappeared for a few days. Then I start using it every other day or every other 2 days.

I also use it at harvest just before hanging the plants just to be safe.

I shine the light at a distance of about 20 cm and I shine for 5 seconds in one spot and then I move the light.

I make sure I hit the plant and buds from all angles and sides.

This takes time and is a pain in the ass but it works really well. The only other alternative is systemic fungicides or sulfur burners.

I dont use sulfur burners because they leave a sulfur residu, not exactly what I want on my buds.

I try to avoid spraying anything on plants, also because I have leaf septoria in my garden and if I spray plants it can trigger those spores to germ.

mack 10

Veteran
When I see the first signs of PM I start using it.

I use it daily untill the PM has dissappeared for a few days. Then I start using it every other day or every other 2 days.

I also use it at harvest just before hanging the plants just to be safe.

I shine the light at a distance of about 20 cm and I shine for 5 seconds in one spot and then I move the light.

I make sure I hit the plant and buds from all angles and sides.

This takes time and is a pain in the ass but it works really well. The only other alternative is systemic fungicides or sulfur burners.

I dont use sulfur burners because they leave a sulfur residu, not exactly what I want on my buds.

I try to avoid spraying anything on plants, also because I have leaf septoria in my garden and if I spray plants it can trigger those spores to germ.

Good info. I gotta get one.
Current temps are freezing in UK.
Pm just wanting to explode.
Watch out peeps.

ok, dont then.
I shared your attitude on foliars for over 25 years, until i bought a freestanding commercial building and have had pm issues ever since.
I have tried everything except synthetic chemicals and after five years have reached an almost acceptable equilibrium. Maybe 3-5% loss happening perpetually. The people receiveing my supply are aware of situation and have repeatedly let me know they have no issue at all. I have bought all five of them lighted scopes and tried to show them how to inspect buds in case i ever miss something. It seems I am the only one worried about this and even have one patient who asks to purchase the tainted buds at a discount. I look forward to not growing for others but have made commitments i will honor until I can’t.

Qwiso was made once and discarded and better solvents used from that point on. I have no love for isopropyl alcohol. Water hash for smoking and ethanol extracted oil for edibles works for me.
Good luck to you and I hope you never need to deal with pm the way i do.

There’s better stuff to use in flower for PM and bud rot(even though I have a sample bottle of lost coast and will probably never use it in flower. Same as green cleaner. No iso for me. I don’t want to destroy the thc I’ve been growing for weeks imho).
Look into purecrop1 and Dr.zymes eliminator. The both are organic and the dr zymes is my preferred treatment for pm. The stuff is so safe you can drink it. Look up soil Kings review about it and he sprayed it in his mouth and drank it.

Epic Resin

I have it in flower right now. 5 weeks in . Should I kill my flowering plants? Not sure what to do.

Seems like a lot of people can’t get rid of this. I’m really torn. If got 20 years of mothers I don’t want to start over.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
I have it in flower right now. 5 weeks in . Should I kill my flowering plants? Not sure what to do.

Seems like a lot of people can’t get rid of this. I’m really torn. If got 20 years of mothers I don’t want to start over.

if its PM, check out jose cervantes on youtube - dunk the buds in h. perox. rinse em, and should be good to go

Dube

I've been having this weird type of mold affecting my plants the last couple grows. It doesn't show itself as black fuzz or white spots. I only notice it when I'm done drying and curing. If you squeeze a nug underneath a bright light and slowly pull your finger off you see tons and tons of what almost looks like spider web (mold hyphae?) attached to your finger coming off the bud. It looks clear and it's slightly stretchy. I dry and cure in a reasonable amount of time. My rh is always around 40 and temps don't dip below 70 degrees at night. Plants are healthy otherwise as well and I have good air circulation. Has anyone ever experienced this type of mold before?

Dube

I've been getting this weird type of mold affecting my plants the last couple grows. It doesn't show itself as black or grey fuzz or white spots. I only notice it when I'm done drying. If you squeeze a nug underneath a bright light and slowly pull your finger off you see tons and tons of what almost looks like spider web (mold hyphae?) attached to your finger coming off the bud. It looks clear and it's slightly stretchy. I dry and cure in a reasonable amount of time. No spider mites or bugs. My rh is always around 40 and temps don't dip below 70 degrees at night. Plants are healthy otherwise as well and I have good air circulation. Has anyone ever experienced this type of mold before?

art.spliff

ICMag Donor
Try potassium bicarb instead of acids or uv light. Quote from growing a greener world . com:

"Spray on plants every one to two weeks. Potassium bicarbonate– Similar to baking soda, this has the unique advantage of actually eliminating powdery mildew once it's there. Potassium bicarbonate is a contact fungicide which kills the powdery mildew spores quickly. In addition, it's approved for use in organic growing."

Try potassium bicarb instead of acids or uv light. Quote from growing a greener world . com:

"Spray on plants every one to two weeks. Potassium bicarbonate– Similar to baking soda, this has the unique advantage of actually eliminating powdery mildew once it's there. Potassium bicarbonate is a contact fungicide which kills the powdery mildew spores quickly. In addition, it's approved for use in organic growing."

Does the potassium bicarbonate turn pistols brown? Pm is worse then mites in my option.