What's new

Calling all Tree top growers

Trev

im thinking simple tek, simplicity is beauty! less things to go wrong.. slash bring into the plot. how to you explain a pump and batter in your backpack, versus a gallon of drinking water?

s13sr20det

admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.
Veteran
i saw an awesome thread about this somewhere... the only thing i remember about it was the pic of the guys foot all bloody after he cut his leg on a branch and fell. damnit i wish i could find it

T

tokinafaty420

im thinking simple tek, simplicity is beauty! less things to go wrong.. slash bring into the plot. how to you explain a pump and batter in your backpack, versus a gallon of drinking water?

Keep it in the backpack. How are you going to explain climbing a tree with a gallon of water? Not sure about you, but I've never been searched in the woods....

If someone sees you there you shouldn't be revealing the pump nor should you be climbing the tree. Do it when no one is around and there shouldn't be any problem.

Hell with that logic maybe you shouldn't be taking pot plants out there either. How are you going to explain pot plants in your backpack?

Trev

im just thinking low maintenance, Stealth..

if you didnt need to be stealthy "querilla" grow, you could just plant on the ground and avoid all this hassle?

im thinking of simple solutions for everyone, cheap, and available..

T

tokinafaty420

im just thinking low maintenance, Stealth..

if you didnt need to be stealthy "querilla" grow, you could just plant on the ground and avoid all this hassle?

im thinking of simple solutions for everyone, cheap, and available..

Well no, the trees still offer up protection from insects and deer. Watering your plants from the ground would cause less suspicion than climbing up the tree. You could sit on the ground with your back against the tree (looking like your taking a break) and let the pump do its work from inside your backpack. Eating an apple or sipping on something. Looks like you decided to take a short break and have a snack. You can time it out how long it takes to fully water the plants and act like you're just putting the trash from your snack back into your backpack, but really be unplugging the pump and securing the lid on the water container. Zip up the backpack and be on your way.

My ideas are cheap and available to anyone. Battery pack(rechargeable) I speak of would run about $20-30. The pump would run you about $15-20 and the irrigation drip lines would be about $10.

Trev

how big of a battery is needed to run a simple water pump? you also have to think of the height of the tree and the height of the highest plant to water.

backpressure forms and cheap pumps cannot handle over 6-10ft of head height.

If werre talking a 16-20ft tree.. you would need a pressure rated pump for the height.. possibly very expensive.

ozeek

would polymer cyrstals be a good idea, also i like the thought of watering from the ground what do you all think of rigging a pump sprayer to fit drip lines and water that way

Trev

even with crystals you still need a water supply... the crystals simply act as water sponges and the roots suck it out.

the diagram i made in paint, shows 2 collection buckets using a gravity fed drip line.. when it rains buckets fill.. drain to plants.. it would be easy to climb tree and water plants with a 1 gallon jug as needed(dry spells)

EDIT:

check out this Icmag link on gas powered pumps for guerilla apps.
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=50389

T

tokinafaty420

You're right you'd end up paying a good chunk for a pump that could pump 20' or more.

Found an inline mag-drive that could go over 20' vertically that is 6.5" x 4.5" x 5" and 145w. Gonna cost about $180.

Had an idea that I thought would be good. oh well Enjoy climbing your trees. All I need to do is walk down a flight of stairs. :joint:

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
how about a bunch of these? or a bigger version?

4_aquacone5455454545454.jpg

ArcticBlast

Trev

i like the 2liter thingy haha, do you have a link to a distributor? were can i find one?

looks very cheap and portable.. i just see a plant bushing out and overgrowing the 2 liter? later in the season.

Trev

i found 6-packs of the "aqua cone" on amazon for 13$ US dollars. seems very cost effective!

ArcticBlast

Veteran
hell yeah, a bargain! and yeah as to modding it, i was thinking you could find a 3 liter bottle with the same cap size as a 2 liter....not really a mod, but you know what i mean!

ArcticBlast

Trev

i wonder how long a 3liter bottle could keep a decent size plant water...

maybe be able to backpack in a couple bottles every other week, and just exchange bottles? or have an on site rain rez. you could fill bottles from.

ArcticBlast

Veteran
yeah i was thinking bring a lot of bottles and leave them there, some of them already premixed with nutrients?

ArcticBlast

Trev

im almost positive a large retail chain like home depot or lowes would carry something like this at a simila price. Ill have to check it out when it gets close to spring and they start to carry more of the plant related products..

pre mixed bottles sounds like an awesome idea!

ArcticBlast

Veteran
premixed is the way to go, just make sure your prints aren't all over the bottles lol :joint:

ArcticBlast