What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubba and Diesel GIFTS

moose eater

You going to build a tropical oasis? That London jelly must be pretty good. I got more of that Pineapple Kush again. I’m nursing it man cause I have some other stuff to blow down. Gotta puff somethin then get started on that guy that was becoming a snack. Then some gentler stuff for the ones that they haven’t found.

What’s a borg, anything Potassium salts, perethrins and sulfur, peretherins and neem, or cottonseed/clove/garlic oils can remedy? View attachment 18993142 View attachment 18993143
There in focus for different contents

I hope not! I’ll have to do everything I can to keep them from leaving this little immigration camp I got going. Looks like spider mite, they retreated to the bottom of the leaf, before is dispatched them down the drain.

I tried placing a small spider on the leaf, they didn’t act quickly enough so I released them back in the house so they won’t suffer death by insecticide.
If thrips, as I suspected, then I recommend Spinosad, either via Captain Jack's Dead Bug Brew, or similar.

Gnatrol for fungus gnats and spinosad for thrips. My 2 go-to's for their respective purposes.

Edit: Contrary to many others' preferences, if I have to engage in serious battle with greater artillery, I can come to a point wherein I use Azamax. But the milky residue and odor is a definite turn-off, and I wash the plants pretty well, never using it close to harvest time.

D. B. Doober

Boston, MA
Veteran
You going to build a tropical oasis? That London jelly must be pretty good. I got more of that Pineapple Kush again. I’m nursing it man cause I have some other stuff to blow down. Gotta puff somethin then get started on that guy that was becoming a snack. Then some gentler stuff for the ones that they haven’t found.

What’s a borg, anything Potassium salts, perethrins and sulfur, peretherins and neem, or cottonseed/clove/garlic oils can remedy? View attachment 18993142 View attachment 18993143
There in focus for different contents

I hope not! I’ll have to do everything I can to keep them from leaving this little immigration camp I got going. Looks like spider mite, they retreated to the bottom of the leaf, before is dispatched them down the drain.

I tried placing a small spider on the leaf, they didn’t act quickly enough so I released them back in the house so they won’t suffer death by insecticide.
That pineapple kush was good man it smelled really good too. You can never really smell much on the flowers that I get at the dispensaries here unless it's like GMO. I got something called first class funk from calverde dispensary it was all right. I'm still smoking kief. I have like a half gram left then nothing until next Friday. Might have mom buy me a pre roll so I can rip it open and hit it out of the pipe. Sucks man, I went through at least 20 gram containers since April 3rd. Come on one more week.
Not sure about your bugz man ...where they coming from? Damn. Cayenne pepper water worked for me once. Hopefully you get rid of them.

I Care

If thrips, as I suspected, then I recommend Spinosad, either via Captain Jack's Dead Bug Brew, or similar.

Gnatrol for fungus gnats and spinosad for thrips. My 2 go-to's for their respective purposes.

Edit: Contrary to many others' preferences, if I have to engage in serious battle with greater artillery, I can come to a point wherein I use Azamax. But the milky residue and odor is a definite turn-off, and I wash the plants pretty well, never using it close to harvest time.
That Azamax is more than likely visible on a clone that is in the night rig. Maybe that is where these things came from, since you’re saying that you use that when it’s all out war. That might have been the situation where that cutting came from. So this may continue into that thread. I can’t draw any conclusions.

I hit the plants, tables, pots, light, top of soil, lunar bush bean and the cucumber seedlings I have inside. I just have em everything. I albosy bought the bug brew. Bought everything else 😅

That pineapple kush was good man it smelled really good too. You can never really smell much on the flowers that I get at the dispensaries here unless it's like GMO. I got something called first class funk from calverde dispensary it was all right. I'm still smoking kief. I have like a half gram left then nothing until next Friday. Might have mom buy me a pre roll so I can rip it open and hit it out of the pipe. Sucks man, I went through at least 20 gram containers since April 3rd. Come on one more week.
Not sure about your bugz man ...where they coming from? Damn. Cayenne pepper water worked for me once. Hopefully you get rid of them.
Oh I was wondering why your doing kief. That’s kinda bummer. There’s some good stuff out here out west if you pick through the places here where they let you get a nose on it. Most of the stuff though, it’s not finished out as far as I like it.

Cayenne pepper powder, I think I read that years ago and just never dealt with bugs ‘til today. Stuff I bought can’t be all that great for me.

Everything is clean to the point where there’s no dirt or anything on them for easy monitoring of the situation. That Bon-Neem can’t be good real good to be inhaling.

I should have side watered after the first flood in..
image.jpg

moose eater

That Azamax is more than likely visible on a clone that is in the night rig. Maybe that is where these things came from, since you’re saying that you use that when it’s all out war. That might have been the situation where that cutting came from. So this may continue into that thread. I can’t draw any conclusions.

I hit the plants, tables, pots, light, top of soil, lunar bush bean and the cucumber seedlings I have inside. I just have em everything. I albosy bought the bug brew. Bought everything else 😅

Oh I was wondering why your doing kief. That’s kinda bummer. There’s some good stuff out here out west if you pick through the places here where they let you get a nose on it. Most of the stuff though, it’s not finished out as far as I like it.

Cayenne pepper powder, I think I read that years ago and just never dealt with bugs ‘til today. Stuff I bought can’t be all that great for me.

Everything is clean to the point where there’s no dirt or anything on them for easy monitoring of the situation. That Bon-Neem can’t be good real good to be inhaling.

I should have side watered after the first flood in.. View attachment 18993236
There might have been an infestation from before, though there's only best knowledge and guess-work at this point.

I've found that with ALL of the insecticides and fungicides I've used, proper follow-through and frequency of use within the prescribed use is a big part of success.

Good luck!

I Care

Oh Man I really hope not. I know I had some funny burn spots on my last one from using 3%h2o2dealing with some PM but I wasn’t getting bugs. These guys may have been making their way inside all winter though. Last time I did any insect barrier was last summer maybe.

I’m seeing how the plants handle the neem under the leaves right now. I didn’t read the labels except making sure I got a little bit of a few things that deter pests. All I could see was a total of three of these things that were definitely trying to make a run for it when they knew they’d been spotted.

They move pretty quick, so they very well could have found their way in, up a table or up the light rig and into pots between going from bubba n diesel to upcanning bubba doubler and n NL, where they were visible.

I Care

Somewhere in there I missed where I’m going to hit them hard again if they don’t show any disagreement with the treatment.

moose eater

Oh Man I really hope not. I know I had some funny burn spots on my last one from using 3%h2o2dealing with some PM but I wasn’t getting bugs. These guys may have been making their way inside all winter though. Last time I did any insect barrier was last summer maybe.

I’m seeing how the plants handle the neem under the leaves right now. I didn’t read the labels except making sure I got a little bit of a few things that deter pests. All I could see was a total of three of these things that were definitely trying to make a run for it when they knew they’d been spotted.

They move pretty quick, so they very well could have found their way in, up a table or up the light rig and into pots between going from bubba n diesel to upcanning bubba doubler and n NL, where they were visible.
When I mentioned 'from before', I was referring to your comment that they might have come in on clones? Or did I not read that correctly?

I Care

Yea, it was just one of the irresistible gifts I couldn’t pass up. Sorry for the mix up, it’s not any of my own lineage. Just bad manners to turn down one’s generosity and it was on the table. It was like the sweetest looking thing when I saw it and the size was right.

I was thinking something new was just brought to the table for a couple days before getting in the night rig as a first thought. That the newest thing on the table is going to be the issue.

moose eater

Yea, it was just one of the irresistible gifts I couldn’t pass up. Sorry for the mix up, it’s not any of my own lineage. Just bad manners to turn down one’s generosity and it was on the table. It was like the sweetest looking thing when I saw it and the size was right.

I was thinking something new was just brought to the table for a couple days before getting in the night rig as a first thought. That the newest thing on the table is going to be the issue.
In my opinion, it's not bad manners to turn down a clone, any more than it's bad manners to mask when walking into a clinic. both are for purpose of prevention.

I bought some clones from a dispensary several years ago, as I was seeking something that had a nearly balanced or equal split between CBD and THC-A. I typically only grow my own clones.

They came with numerous varieties of 'hitchhikers' onboard, including thrips, silverfish (something I'd never had to deal with before), fungus gnats, etc. a full collection mother nature's plant misfits.

I beat them back over time, and now only take my own clones.

I have seeds x many that I may come back around to using soon, as I've not grown anything in the last year and a half, other than to keep my mothers going via cloning.

No, it's not rude to pass on a hug and kiss from your neighbor or relative when the chances are high that they're carrying one communicable disease or another. Realizing, of course, that knowing of infestations or illnesses in advance can sometimes difficult.

In the case of the local dispensary, upon further research (my fault for not having done so in advance) they had a rep at that place for passing on unwanted insects. My bad. And again, it resulted in an elongated wrestling match with the buggers, but I won in the end.

I Care

Oh actually some things from last year are starting to make more sense now. I bet that I wasn’t necessarily getting stuff exclusively with the grower and they were giving up somebody else’s clones. It brought me ton of shit last year healing up multiple cuts at different stages and different handling tolerances. Kicking the bucket around I had these 4 prize cuts and I decided to forfeit and just try to take care of the one that was staying healthiest.. Maybe that’s why none of the other stuff ever came around in the jar either cause it wasn’t theirs or it wasn’t working for them too.

Hmm I appreciate you got me thinking about that, I’ll be better prepared ammo and I’ll get the dead bug you were talking about next chance I get. I do have some little stretched out spots that won’t rub off the leaves after looking them over one more time and you may be right about the thrips.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 16

moose eater

Oh actually some things from last year are starting to make more sense now. I bet that I wasn’t necessarily getting stuff exclusively with the grower and they were giving up somebody else’s clones. It brought me ton of shit last year healing up multiple cuts at different stages and different handling tolerances. Kicking the bucket around I had these 4 prize cuts and I decided to forfeit and just try to take care of the one that was staying healthiest.. Maybe that’s why none of the other stuff ever came around in the jar either cause it wasn’t theirs or it wasn’t working for them too.

Hmm I appreciate you got me thinking about that, I’ll be better prepared ammo and I’ll get the dead bug you were talking about next chance I get. I do have some little stretched out spots that won’t rub off the leaves after looking them over one more time and you may be right about the thrips.
Look up thrips and cannabis if you're feeling safe and secure about your internet browsing and in a safe region/location for such queries.

You'll hopefully find images of tracks on leaves that look VERY similar to what you posted earlier, though capturing one or more of the little critters and examining them under magnification is the typically the final answer to confirming what they are or are not.

I Care

I got a chance to take a look through google images. Those tracks to look like what I saw for thrips. Did I just kill some sort of thrip predator that was on those tracks?

moose eater

I got a chance to take a look through google images. Those tracks to look like what I saw for thrips. Did I just kill some sort of thrip predator that was on those tracks?
No idea.

For the thrips, spinosad has been my go-to for a while. And it will likely take a series of treatments, especially considering the density of sign on the leaves. I'm betting there's a good number of the little buggers.

Good luck.

I Care

Looking good, shit didn’t even think when buying all this stuff how much it costs. I’ll get some dead bug brew, but let the poor plants recover for now. No further damage, it’s like a a total of 5mm/sq. Thanks to the table height. I wouldn’t have caught it so soon.

moose eater

Looking good, shit didn’t even think when buying all this stuff how much it costs. I’ll get some dead bug brew, but let the poor plants recover for now. No further damage, it’s like a a total of 5mm/sq. Thanks to the table height. I wouldn’t have caught it so soon.
There are probably other sources for spinosad, whether diluted or in concentrate, but look at concentrations and reviews to separate legit from bogus.

I Care

The jacks you recommended is definitely right there in the same place I gig this stuff. Things are still cruising slow here that poor little bubba got everything I had for insects, which caused the leaves to curl down and get look rough. They were also rubbed quite well with wet rag and insecticidal soap. The bubbas both got rough wipe down with that.

NL and Diesel really have their chests out now.
BK1 and BK2
IMG_1477.jpeg

I Care

Been too distracted with other things to not notice this until today!

B1
IMG_1516.jpeg

Getting back on track with the Bubba and Diesel.
Yesterday’s water was with Jacks Tomato PPMs about 400. PH checked at 6.5. Side watered and I’ll admit I was a little clumsy with the water but wasn’t flooding them out. They’re beat up from insecticides and wiping them down, also want more light.

Bubba and Diesel
IMG_1517.jpeg IMG_1520.jpeg IMG_1518.jpeg IMG_1519.jpeg IMG_1521.jpeg

moose eater

Been too distracted with other things to not notice this until today!

B1
View attachment 18995677

Getting back on track with the Bubba and Diesel.
Yesterday’s water was with Jacks Tomato PPMs about 400. PH checked at 6.5. Side watered and I’ll admit I was a little clumsy with the water but wasn’t flooding them out. They’re beat up from insecticides and wiping them down, also want more light.

Bubba and Diesel
View attachment 18995678 View attachment 18995681 View attachment 18995679 View attachment 18995680 View attachment 18995682
Let them rest a bit, straight ph-adjusted water for a day or 2, then assess and proceed with the spinosad in whatever label it's from.

Good luck. They're not beyond being brought back to health.

Latest posts

Latest posts