What's new

Competition Brainstorming Contest - Win premium membership

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Here is another idea.......

Since this is NOT intended to be a PRIVATE forum and new members (and potential scammers) can just pay their way in........

Perhaps a rating system or feedback system to allow buyers to leave feedback for sellers/traders/whatever. Rating systems are only so-so but it might be worth a sub-forum. Word of mouth travels pretty darn fast in these forums and a scammer would show up rather quickly. And, the cream would rise to the top of the ratings.

Again, just tossing things out.

EDIT: A system like this could possibly be automated by using a special "LIKE" icon. I can like or love or laugh at a post automatically and the puter keeps track. Maybe add another "LIKE" icon that identifies a good trader/seller.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
🦫 Special 🍆
yes, good idea, but feedback system will be introduced only after we have already some positive/negative ratings about the member who shared their beans ffor example.
and there are tiers for the premium user already

For the sake of best experience and safety for everyone, we decided the following:
-Premium users can fully access the VIP Lounge and Archive, and reply to offer and request threads in the Trading Post (can't post new threads to offer or ask themselves)
-Premium users over 1 year and 100 posts is same as above but they can fully access and post in the Trading Post as well
-Premium users over 5 years and 100 posts can do all of the above, and they can fully access the exclusive grow area as well
-Veterans (which are over 10 years and 1000 posts by default) can fully access and interact with all of the above
We think having a minimal track record is needed to keep safety and tidyness up in the premium area.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
🦫 Special 🍆
Perhaps a rating system or feedback system to allow buyers to leave feedback for sellers/traders/whatever. Rating systems are only so-so but it might be worth a sub-forum. Word of mouth travels pretty darn fast in these forums and a scammer would show up rather quickly. And, the cream would rise to the top of the ratings.
what about a sticky thread with poll and multiple votes allowed, to vote up members trust level?
ofc votes are public, and comments are open

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
WhippedMeat and Exploziv,
I'm preparing to start my soils as they're a full 7 years of being used and are in the best shape ever, but the Bible says let the ground rest.

So I am and they are.

I'm looking at doing a very in depth research grow tutorial starting with all preparations of my grows. New soils, new bags, cleaning, genetics selections and the reasons I have chosen each.
What would be helpful for any interested in reading/following along, would be a no reply thread. This would allow all information to stay in its proper sequence and the thread doesn't get hijacked or off topic.

There could be a response thread right underneath the main thread for questions to be asked answered/discussed. For all of us that have tried to track down articles from say DJ or Sam and that list goes on and on. You have to search many pages to find the actual content that you are looking for.

I'm not claiming to be either of those men, but it's a valuable premise.
Peace farmerlion

Ca++

yes, good idea, but feedback system will be introduced only after we have already some positive/negative ratings about the member who shared their beans ffor example.
and there are tiers for the premium user already
That implies forum users are expected to make multiple on-going seed sales.
I'm struggling to see why a trader would pay to use that area.
I thought the beans users might share, would be excess after a pollen chuck. Things of no commercial value, but too good to chuck away.

Oh.. Idea. Do we need an escrow service or something. A way to pay someone, without naming ourselves. The bank of IC. Where I can post gypsy a non-refundable ton, and get a credit on my account, of say 90. Or maybe we just need some crypto help, as I wouldn't have a clue how to pay someone, without getting a 3rd party between us. We really don't know who we are trading with, so if a simply method can be thought of, that would be great

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
For now, the plan is to allow trades to come to surface and make collaborations and sharing between users easier, in an organised subforum. As in exchange or giveaway of seeds, clones, pollen. Not final product. No money exchange.
After this model is tested and refined, it might lead to bigger things.

Laughing Loon

Popping my post cherry for this...1 day a year, like 4/20 or the forum's anniversary, that all users can access the Premium Section for free. How else are people going to know if they want to purchase a membership or not if they have no idea what's there? To clarify, they wouldn't be allowed to post, only read. If that seems like too much where you would think people would speed read the whole section and just wait for the next year to do it again without ever purchasing a membership you could maybe limit the time for just a few hours and not the whole day or (if you can) limit people to only see the first page of a thread or limit the number of threads they can see or something along those lines.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
For now, the plan is to allow trades to come to surface and make collaborations and sharing between users easier, in an organised subforum. As in exchange or giveaway of seeds, clones, pollen. Not final product. No money exchange.
After this model is tested and refined, it might lead to bigger things.
I myself am much more in favor of keeping things at a hand shake, gentleman's agreement 🤝 not excluding some very talented ladies of course 😉. Money opens up a can of worms and Bitcoin is just worms that bite and swim up your penis while in the murky waters.

There should be a brotherhood with an unspoken code of honesty and integrity. If someone shares something top shelf grow it out and say thank you. If you have restrictions, honor them. If you can reproduce for personal use or of a cross, honor the cross.

Many of us have vast libraries and I would like to pass mine on to a qualified heir someday. You shouldn't be able to buy the best of the best, it should be looked at as a blessed gift of great value shared among a few worthy souls.

Let the legends become even more nostalgic. You don't start out in the Hall of Fame and money shouldn't punch that ticket either.

Peace farmerlion

smilley

Veteran
I'm not certain that I like the concept of two tier membership. It seems elitist to me. If it helps Gypsy pay the rent I'm ok with it but it may be a slippery slope. I joined here years ago when my beloved Cannabis World was taken down by the guvy. The Mag has changed over the years and not always for the better but I've stuck around. I'm old now and change is not my favorite thing. I hope this doesn't fracture the group dynamic.

buteo

Premium user
Veteran
I thought the premium membership was a good idea. Just like escrow systems it makes a reason to not get banned. Just as the veterans dont want their 10+ year old account banned because it would take forever to get a new account to that level again. The premium subscription helps people serious about the forum get access to things the veterans can. This tightens the gap so people without the requirements to be a veteran that are serious about the forum can have some kind of sacrifice to prove their worth. It doesn't totally eliminate problems but it is better than nothing. If anyone violates the rules they get the ban hammer.

Also it brings in some kind of revenue to the forum to pay the bills.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
🦫 Special 🍆
That implies forum users are expected to make multiple on-going seed sales.
I'm struggling to see why a trader would pay to use that area.
I thought the beans users might share, would be excess after a pollen chuck. Things of no commercial value, but too good to chuck away.
it is really not important which side support the forum, the so called "trader" or the one who gets something or both, as a sign of satisfaction or call it whatever you want.

don t you think this is more realistic approach, than banning for these acts?

Ca++

it is really not important which side support the forum, the so called "trader" or the one who gets something or both, as a sign of satisfaction or call it whatever you want.

don t you think this is more realistic approach, than banning for these acts?
A language problem has slipped in. The so called 'trader' is a 'vendor' on IC. An American term. These are people that have paid to advertise, and so have a commercial interest that most forums (including this one generally) will protect.

Understand that this is all a bit new and confusing. Some of your team are saying pot can be traded, if it's legal where you are. While others are saying it's not for final product. Which I'm pretty sure means pot, but is still open to interpretation, as the plant didn't grow for flowers, it's seeds are the final product.

This may of launched before a proper consensus was reached. Leaving some mixed messages regarding intent. It's becoming clearer though. Mostly through fencing in peoples areas for the place. Perhaps a re-shaped TOU will follow soon.

WHIPEDMEAT

Modortalan
Supermod
Veteran
🦫 Special 🍆
someone (maybe you) was referring to members as traders, we call the vendors, here vendor..
may i ask why are you so worried about the vendors and we did not have yet complains from none yet?

and i think someone quoted it from the rules already

No selling is allowed. Absolutely no cash is to be discussed for any reason.

No trading is allowed of any final product of any type – this includes flowering plants, fresh or dried bud or any extract or processed goods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts