What's new

Botanicare CNS 17 Test Run in coco

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Gonna repost my findings on the taste again....

Gonna repost my findings on the taste again....

Thanks GM :wave: You are a big reason this thread is informative....thanks for participating in my thread. When this show was first moved to this forum there was not a lot of action in here...now look at this place :D
That TW shot of mine is from a previous grow with PBP hydro organic
Did you get to try Truecannabliss' Casey Jones? Casey Jones is more potent than TW in my opinion....wondering your thoughts...but I am sure it got a bit "hazy" for ya at the 420 lol

I was not happy with the taste of my Shiva...tasted like CNS17 chem fuel. I flushed for a week and it tasted pretty bad. Taste is important to me.
I'm not blaming CNS17 though....I think I let too much salt buildup....I am sure others more dialed in with it will have excellent results...so I'll assume my lack of skill is the culprit here....as I posted earlier...I'm looking forward to others using CNS17 to step up with some PICS and smoke reports :drum:

Also....the CNS17 was very difficult to get dialed in (for me)....I had a lot of problems in this thread trying things that worked well with PBP....making the switch back to PBP
meduser180056 said:
Your plants always look very healthy and well ferted. It seems you've gotten the PBP line down. I agree with the whole if it ain't broke don't fix it theory, but I see your trying to simplify things and save money. So I'll be watching. This is the first I've heard of this new fert.
I'm going back to PBP....if and when I get another grow going :rolleyes:

I had some stellar clones rooting and lost them to gnat larvae possibly...they just are not rooting....I saw a caterpillar in the bubbler not long ago...so hoping the Caterpillar killer helps...I lost some stellar cuttings :biglaugh:

Not funny...I am bummed about losing OGK Abusive :smoke:

Last edited:

aeric

Veteran
Oh noooo VT, that aint cool. I'm sure you'll get 'er back from one of the many nice folks you know ;) It's so easy for things to go wrong with bubblers for me that If I got something that absolutely has to root, always go with old reliable, for me rockwool. One run with bubbs everything is great, and quick, then next run everything dies within a week, with no discernable difference in what I've done....aaargh.

If you have PBP dialed in go for it, wish I had it dialed, just haven't done a full run start to finish in coco with PBP, usually use it to make up about 1/3 total PPM.

Growers purgatory is a perfect description of this feeling lol....hopefully we'll all come back at it better than before, then the downtime doesn't seem like a waste.

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Varying approaches to flushing/irrigation

Varying approaches to flushing/irrigation

I may have not flushed correctly...the automated coco growers who can flush 4 times per cycle may get a better flush....

I flushed once a day....and I achieved the same 10% runoff as I always do when handwatering....people that have drip setups or E/F can flush a few times per cycle...changing the rez frequently if they choose to do so (if they recriculate)....

I wonder if these different approaches to flushing/irrigation affect the final outcome.....

With PBP....even samples I took with no flush tasted sweet...and dank

I'll admit to being pretty high on the Shiva right now lol...verbose as hell...can't stop analyzing shit lol...again...this Shiva is potent....but it tastes like shit

Last edited:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
aeric said:
Oh noooo VT, that aint cool. I'm sure you'll get 'er back from one of the many nice folks you know ;) It's so easy for things to go wrong with bubblers for me that If I got something that absolutely has to root, always go with old reliable, for me rockwool. One run with bubbs everything is great, and quick, then next run everything dies within a week, with no discernable difference in what I've done....aaargh.

If you have PBP dialed in go for it, wish I had it dialed, just haven't done a full run start to finish in coco with PBP, usually use it to make up about 1/3 total PPM.

Growers purgatory is a perfect description of this feeling lol....hopefully we'll all come back at it better than before, then the downtime doesn't seem like a waste.
Hey aeric! Just saw your post...yea it's stange...and you just described it perfectly...one run I have great success with bubblers....(ala the clones I posted earlier)....then get bad results the next....I prefer bubblers in heat though cause I constantly have to check the trays in the heat...they dry out fast....and I don't wanna run a heating pad in the heat

If I ever get the cut again (and root it)....I'll probably try Neptune's cloning method

The downtime can be very constructive...so much to think about lol...I wish I could share details with folks....but my need for security outweighs the need to save face....I just miss blooming....I love growing....it's been therapeutic for me....I'm not trying to win the 420 cup or sell seeds here...I just love this hobby....and love sharing my experience with those new like me

Last edited:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Thanks, sugar, you're so sweet...I think I'm getting a toothache over here :smile:

Well I wish I had not let these guys pressure me into blooming with CNS17. I never intended, or wanted to bloom with the stuff...but no one else would step up. I posted a few times that I only wanted to veg with it...but folks were clamoring for a bloom show lol.... I'm glad you liked the thread.

G

Hey VT great thread man! I don't venture into the coco forum, well, ever really so I never noticed this project. Are you taking it all outdoors now? Hope you can get the show back up and going again soon! :wave:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Hey there Stoned2Death! :wave: After tearing down I did move the show outside, but had to chop all my plants....and unfortunately I didn't have offspring of them all...fortunately, some good friends are gonna help out :D

I'll be setting up the new show in less than 2 weeks....a complete step by step of my bucket setup
I'm really impressed with your show, brotha....amazing what you do with 800W...always love a good water culture show...thanks for the support....
I have fond memories of DWC...

And am convinced I can get phat bushes in coco as well....I just could not get a good grow in....but that's soon about to change....and I will have some stellar genetics at my disposal.....I expect it to my best show ever

peace​

G

I'm notorious for leaning on the next run for a better result! Over three years and counting at that part, lol! Good luck man! :joint:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
That was from last summer....my 1st 1K growshow....I might go with 1K again, in lieu of a 4 double O, as I think I can battle the heat....I like canopy penetration...and running my light inches from the plants....gonna try it in coco...soon....

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
I've run em even closer (in coco), that was my last coco growshow....the bonzo coco thread I did...but I had to shutdown...and people here have trolled and discredited me because of that...but it was a financial hardship....
I had the lamp pretty close on my Casey Jones (from seed)...in coco/perlite....next run will be pure coco...but I lost the CJ during this recent turmoil...but a friend I shared with has my back...I hope..
I used PBP pro in that show....

Last edited:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Happy Friday Anita!!

Happy Friday Anita!!

Hope everyone enjoys Cinco de Mayo!! :wave:
We start the build next week :woohoo:
Thanks holygong!
:wave: :wave: A lot of goodies up for harvest soon.. :yummy: :yummy:
:yummy:
:dance:

Last edited:

NPK

Hey man, good luck with your new room. It'll feel good to start with a clean slate. I'm feeling your pain a bit in this respect--had a really bad bout of PM and need to clean the bejesus outta my space before starting a new indoor grow. Anyway, keep us apprised! :wave:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Hi VT,

good to see all is going well man. i see you got yourself some CaseyJones too eh? i also grabbed a pack a few weeks before the 420, just on truecannablisses pics of her alone. but now that i smoked her and got to know her, i look forward to growing her out even more. she won second place in the grower sativa category too :yes:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
And she deserves it... Truecannabliss did an awesome job with her....I am unsure if the pheno I kept is the same as his....but I know he got 7 zips from one Casey Jones :yoinks: Casey Jones is a great plant all around, and Truecannabliss is an expert grower.... both deserve the accolades...Of the plants I have grown (and gotten to smoke lol); Casey Jones is the most potent, and a pleasure to grow

You're in for a treat....