What's new

Bluedigiberry f3

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey sub24 i dont think you can blame yourself for intersex traits in the blueberry lines... they are pretty baked in. i think i got 1 intersex female from about 8 girls i grew to make the seeds and excluded it.. i was quite happy with that ratio tbh. we need to see more of the F3s grown out to make sure the intersex is uncommon in the seed batch - which is probably the best you can hope for with these genes...
i'll PM you
VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi all, i'm popping some BDB to check that there are not too many intersex traits amongst them and also sending another batch out to test and get the numbers up. Hopefully Sub24's single plant being a hermie was just bad luck... we shall see.

I send a dozen packs to seedbay already because some folks had been waiting a long time .. anybody who is growing them out please post what you got.
BDBtest.jpg

VG :tiphat:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@Redrum92 i got a nice wide leaf pheno F2 which was one of the seed mums for the F3s. Possibly it is digiberry dominant? (need to check that)
Anyway it is frosty AF, smells of candy blueberry and also a background of burnt rubber - but its such an odd combination that you don't really smell them both at once,, its almost like the burnt rubber smell is coming from somewhere else! quite odd and i recognise that funk as being part of the 'nasty chem' smell you get with the Chem D etc.
The plant also goes a nice purple. i'm running it again in my new grow diary:

and if it behaves well i may try and make some S1s

BDB1harv.jpg
BDBpic.jpg
BDB1drynug.jpg

herbgreen

Veteran
Glad to see these interesting grows w/bludigiberry :rasta:

Have you tried Dutch Passion Skywalker?

Its a Mazar x Blueberry

Hey, vervant did you keep seeds from the old blueberry from Dutch passion?

That was a very unique... Like a tropical sativa looking plant w/ fox tail buds that you used in this

Its the blue, in blue digiberry correct?

Skywalker @ night Love this stuff...It hits nice smooth and relaxing

And can be a lot of laughs!:biglaugh:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey @herbgreen , yep the Blue in the BDB was a Dutch Passion Fem BB and i still have it.. i actually did a bx to it when i made the BDB F3 seeds and they should get tested sooner or later..
Skywalker was one that i was very interested in back in the day but never got round to.. the high sounded right up my street ! - i got sucked into the breeding side of things around then and so was more interested in buying IBLs rather than F1s so that they would be better for making my own crosses.

herbgreen

Veteran
There are some fantastic things to be found in the Blue range.....Diverse phenos make for unique F1s

The Skywalker has a blueberry note w/hashy tones on the finish

I think you have something Good and strong with the blue digi-berry and that blueberry plant you found

Dutch Passion did all the the original selections on Blueberry and Flo out of the seeds Dj Short gave them

@ some point ...They proceed in typical dutch fashion to just knock off the strains and never pay DJShort again

However, the selections and lines from DutchPassion are good!

Thats why we even know who DJ Short is...Those are all very good Lines to have

Now, of course DJ Short has his own everything and has released some great things past few years

Last edited:

Redrum92

@Redrum92 i got a nice wide leaf pheno F2 which was one of the seed mums for the F3s. Possibly it is digiberry dominant? (need to check that)

and if it behaves well i may try and make some S1s

Man, I would be all over that if the testing goes well! I'm a bit of a hermit, (no clone trading) so S1s are the only way I can get things like digiberry. Also only have room for exactly 2 females at any time. I especially appreciate when they're bred conscientiously/tested instead of just selfing "elite clone"- S1 and calling it good. I love some good BB, too.

Already been stalking that other thread lol. Impatiently stalking.

Last edited:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Took me a while to re-find this post but it is important:

but the link above takes you to the wrong post somehow... click on it and look....that page and you will see the post from @Chili_berkster that says
"The Burnt Rubber comes from the Digiberry mum"

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
From looking at the BDB F2 thread, an estimate of how many female DBD in the F2s showed intersex traits would be about 20% or 1 in 5.

so hopefully the F3s will have improved on that.

---------------------------------

This is the BDB F2 that i have my eye on for selfing. It is sweet candy berry, and a little bit of burnt rubber. Crazy combo and the first time i have really smelt that smell unmistakably in the BDB line.
BDB5litre.jpg
BDBside5l.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts