What's new

bitchhitsbongs GROW DIARY

G

hold on a sec now, i use 2 liter bottles that are clear and i never see algae or light burn or anything like that on the roots...just my 2c

G

guest5703

well if you are using a high powered light, and roots see it, they wont like it. I bet they would be more root bound in you pots rkrone if you taped them up...Plus are you using flouros? Because under a HPS roots will burn, I had a clear tub for hydroponics once, and my roots started to get brown and slimy, it was rot and burn from the light exposing the roots. I don't know just trying to help out. Maybe on clear pots it doesn't matter? Any woo, I'll be around, peace guys!

G

I use cfl and HID lighting and experience no problems with clear pots under either light, but to each his own i guess...

greenhead

Veteran
rkrone said:
I use cfl and HID lighting and experience no problems with clear pots under either light, but to each his own i guess...

That's interesting, because I've read many things from people who strongly advise against it. I have no experience at all with using clear cups or pots, but like you said, it's working for you, so I guess it's all good.

It's funny how sometimes there is such varying opinions on certain subjects when it comes to growing. But in the end, I guess whatever works for each individual person is all that matters.

:joint: :wave:

greenhead

Veteran
Bitchhitsbongs, nice grow so far ! I'd like to grow jock horror one time ! I read that white rhino is pretty potent also.

:joint: :wave:

The GOAT

Hey BHB, Sorry I havent stopped in a little earlier, but nice grow, cant wait to see them bad mofo's in a couple months.. What happen to the bubbilicoius?? I also have the White Rhino, but am going to wait for a while for that, I am chuck full right now,LOL.. Def, gonna be stopping in more frequently on this bueatimus beoch.. L8R The Goat

caligreen, rkrone, & greenhead- thank you for the considered advice, im thinking back to when growing shrooms and how the roots/mycelium were the same way about light so it sounds like a good idea to me, won't hurt anything

the goat- it's cool, come when you please, my bubblelicious just didn't sprout :badday: but im thinking about buying some more thanks for stopping by

:1help: got a question what wrong with my girls? :1help:
their bottom leaves have turned brownish on the ends and some of the leaves are curling up, the temp is between 72-80 F, and I doubt this is nute burn cause this was happening before, and also part of the reason for tranplant and giving nutes :confused: is it just not enough nutes?

oz1811

hey nice looking cfl grow i use only them too... idk about your leaf problem but my default position by the way they look now would be to cut them off
goodluck ill be watchin

Anima

decided to transplant to 2 liter bottles and finally give them their first taste of nutes (tsp of grow big and a Tbl of big bloom)
is that per gallon or per plant or what?
looks to me like you are burning them up with ferts.
or your pH is way off.
I'd water with plain RO water real well and test the pH of the runnoff to see how your soil is doing there.
If you don't have anything to test pH and you don't have the money for a meter, go to your local pet store and get a kit for testing the pH of fish tanks, it should be cheaper than a decent meter and will be as accurate, and most of them come with a dropper of pH up, and down that is safe to use with your plants....good luck!

oz1811- thanks for stopping in, i already cut the bottoms off yesterday ^^^^^those pics are from today

Anima- nice to see ya again, to answer the question - per gallon and I don't have a pH meter yet, finally broke down and bought one so it should be here soon

thanks again, much love and respect

hidingtree

ok , nice selection of plants bhb . the leaves doing what they are doin could be from to early of fertilizer application . light application (1/4th or less of label ratio so, 1tsp/gal on label ,use 1/4th tsp/gal )after development of the 3rd set of full leaves is a good rule of thumb . the other thing is what spectrum of light are those cfls? if they are 2700k color?(warm white ) .... that could cause this also .... optimum color would be 'daylight' 5000 -5500k color . the warm whites are a bit out of the useable spectrum for veg growth .many blessings , hidingtree

thank you hidingtree your too kind....for the nutes i just stopped feeding them again and they seem to be doing find but i feel they shoud be eating so i'll give it a try with a 1/2 tsp and 1/2 Tbs....for the lights specturm they are 2700k and 3000k color but i now have a 400w MH that Rolling_Stoned made
UPDATE <> UPDATE <> UPDATE
my cats munched on a couple of my girls and mother but not that much damage was done, they should be fine and i taped up the containers finally (started seeing roots), also got my pH meter, so it time....my tap water reads 6.9, my run-off reads 7.0

also something that i forgot to mention is i switched to 18/6 couple days ago, and now some pics:

JH................................................WR...............................................M x NL#5......................................

(L-R)- M xNL#5, WR, JH..................

Last edited:
G

guest5703

hell yea bitch it's coming along. Those burned leaves, I got two different theories for you, you choose. One, the man ANIMA is right, that looks to be too much nutrient, but also it looks like it just could be PH is off....Also, you mentioned that you cut off your lower leaves already, so I am guessing those looked pretty burned as well right? What happened is, you probably had too much nutrient in there at first, and when you cut off your lower leaves more nutrient went up to the higher leaves and this would make them burn even more! Get it? I used to see this all the time with my bonsai growing style, since the plant has less leaves it will divide the nootes up to less growth, so that means you will have to water less cuz it'll drink less, and also nutrient less before you tear off those lower branches and then it won't burn new growth at all. Hope this gives you some help, PEACE!!!

oz1811- thank you for the inspiration

caligreen- yeah your probably right, hopefully I have stop the sitution

MoleMcHenry- thanks, I'm thinking of switching to 12/12 soon

thanks again, much love and respect

G

guest5703

So when are you planning on going to flower??? What kind of light will you be using, sorry if I already asked! Looks great BHB. Can't wait to see the new progress!

Caligreen- well i'm thinking of switching maybe tomorrow if I get everything done that needs to be done before

here are the girls:
(L-R) White Rhino, Jock Horror, Mikado x NL#5

also I gave a quarter of nutes today, keeping my fingers crossed on this one

Last edited:

Anima

hello again bhb!!
Oh how your garden has grown! They look pretty happy...
I'd transplant one more time if I were you, they would be rootbound in no time if you put them in flower right now (actually that's probably why your bottom leaves turned yellow and fell off, I don't really think you are burning them up with ferts anymore). Those are 2 litres yes? I do my flowering in 8.5 litre pots (about 2.25 gallons) and they still will get root bound in those pots, but not too bad. Remember what everyone says: more roots=more buds. They aren't lying.

Oh and hey caligreen, she is going to be using a 400W HPS for flower...she hid her specs on post 25 or so... :dunno:
Speaking of throwing them into flower...I'd get that all setup and running, and run temp tests (full 12 hours or more) before you go putting your babies in there. If you have never run a 400W light indoors before you are in for a rude awakening, both the ballast and the light will heat up, Good ventilation is a MUST. also (sorry for yelling)...aww hell, as long as I'm yelling...MAKE SURE YOU HAVE SMOKE DETECTORS AND A DECENT FIRE EXTINGUISHER!!!! (it just might save your/the people that you care about's ass/ life):rant: :muahaha:
and also a side note about the fire extinguisher you want the ABC Dry chemical type extinguisher, I think it contains something similar to baking soda, and an irritant dust. It will also work in a personal defense situation, you can totally put someone down and incapacitate someone if they recieve a blast of this stuff to the face, so don't play around with it. :nono:

And 6.9 for the tap...thats pretty good. mine is way up there twards 8, with about 160PPM(kinda crappy). The only way you can be sure you aren't going to burn them up with nutes is to check not only the pH (actually a measure of positivly charged Hydrogen atoms in the solution) messing with the pH will affect the diffrent kinds of nutes that your plant will be able to take up, but the PPM (parts per million) in effect a measure of total dissolved solids in a solution.
Good luck, you'll be huffin on your own cheif in no time! :rasta:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts