What's new

Best purple strain/cut in 2010 ?

K

kopite

Hi again PM, and beautiful plants all.

With regards to anthocyanins if I could just pick your brain PM, I though that anthocyanins were meant to be of health benefit or high in antidioxiants especially where berries and grapes are concerned. so is there any chance they could be beneficial with medicinal cannabis?

Kopite

Momerath

I'm with PhenoMenal on this one. Color doesnt affect taste/potency, just adds bag appeal. However, tha'ts not to say that certain purple strains arent amazingly potent or flavorful. If you are looking for a good solid performing purple strain, there are several options.
The blueberry line is pretty damn good. Excellent in both the flavor and potency category.
There are also those clone-only purples...Purple Urkle, GDP, etc. IMO kinda played out but if you want purple its there.
Mendo purps is a classic, and theres several new purples in seed form ive seen around. Check out the Purple Wreck from reserva privada, its quite nice. Grew it two years ago and got one super dark purple plant.
Theres soooo many to choose from it can be kinda harrowing to find the one that works for you. Personally I just grow strains that have the flavor and potency and sometimes they turn purple, sometimes red or yellow or brown, but usually stay green and I love them all no matter the color.

T

theJointedOne

how about some nice outdoor purples. I know we could use some pics and info on the best purples for outside

so lets see em!!

bterzz

Veteran
I have come to dislike purple strains because of the hype. When working at a dispensary I got requests for "purp" more than anything else, and our buyers took notice and started getting shwagy purple strains more than ever because they knew they'd sell. Anyways I've grown GDP for years (14 lbs pull last time, pics upon request), Purple Urkle, God's Gift, GOB9, and many other 'green' plants that turned purple for various reasons.

I'm getting a little off point....

Lately I've been interested in one and only one "purple" strain that my friend and a fellow ICer made a few years back it's slowly gaining recognition, but it's in so few hands that it's not really mass produced or even seen too often. I personally know only 3 others that have this cut 1 being the person that made it and is currently MIA so really only 2 others. And of those two only 1 (5leggoat) has flowered her out. I feel very lucky to have met the man behind the strain and even luckier to have his cut. I am going to spread it around my area like, well fire. I have already gifted 2/3 cuts I have of her.

Anyways her name is:
Nancy Botwin
(Purple Urkle X 94' Federation Romulan)

ʇǝɥdoɹPuʍouʞuU

Hey dude...here is my request.. !! *REQUESTING PICS*

Nancy is absolutely gorgeous, I've seen a few pics around here lately that made me fall in love with the plant/flowers, unfortunately, I havnt got the chance to smoke/grow her.

I'll be heading up north shortly, though.. :cathug:

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
just picked tonight! Old Grandaddy Purple

just picked tonight! Old Grandaddy Purple

picture.php

View image in gallery

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
Hey Rainman, sorry you missed out on her, I did the same thing when I first met him and kicked myself until the day I knew she was mine. There's only the one original Mom that all the real cuts came from so the phenos don't vary. And as far as I know, only the man who made it and 5leg have actually flowered out the Nancy. Very exclusive and elusive to say the least. The person who I traded with is actually participating in this thread, but has never flowered her out. I received three small cuts in a trade and I gifted two to trusted friends in case something happens to mine I can always have a b plan. They'll be fully mothered out before cuts are taken and I may even veg out a few to throw outdoors next season. I'll try to remember to take flicks, and when I do I'll report back here.

Oh here's a little indoor operation of some Grand Daddy Purple...
DSC07337.jpg

DSC07345.jpg

DSC07347.jpg

DSC07354.jpg

DSC07361.jpg

DSC07366.jpg

DSC07372.jpg

DSC07384.jpg

DSC07397.jpg

DSC07401.jpg

DSC07399.jpg

~Proph

natrone23

Of course my very own purplewreck from seed:biggrin:

Attachments

• DSCF1432.jpg
    DSCF1432.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF1564.jpg
    DSCF1564.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 7
  • DSCF1563.jpg
    DSCF1563.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 9

Justa6655321

Veteran
I can get 3 times the amount for anything purple around here. Everyone calls it "purple Haze" and the have no fucking idea about what it really is. But they want it!

I love the color of the plants there is just something different about a purple bud! Jessica Simpson cant fucking act at all but I still like to watch her!

jessica_simpson_side_b_big.jpg

im also looking for a high yielding purple strain but cant seem to find one around here.
if someone in my area (bayarea) has a high yielding purple strain pls pm.

unknown: how's your yield on the GDP?

IM A PROP 215 PATIENTS.... IN FULL COMPLIANCE WITH CALIFORNIA
HEALTH AND SAFETY CODE SECTION

11362.5(B)(1)(A) & 11362.7(H)
PROPOSITION 215 & SENATE 420 ONLY!
.AG GUIDELINES PUBLISHED AUGUST 2008 Prop 215