What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Growlight Currently Available?

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Fixtures should always be direct connection

Humidifier direct sonnection
u are probably rite, but i thought that using this heavy duty 3 way would be ok.... 'if' and when mars sends me a new line/plug it will be direct into the outlet... but i gotta say... i'm nervous

trixP

u are probably rite, but i thought that using this heavy duty 3 way would be ok.... 'if' and when mars sends me a new line/plug it will be direct into the outlet... but i gotta say... i'm nervosité

Not probably but I am

Read any fixture manual the fixture must be plugged directly to the wall

Call an electrician it will cost less than the fire

Thegreengrower64

Hi everyone, i hope i'm in the right place.
I'm looking for upgrade my tent from HID to LED. After some weeks i've found some different panels but i'm very undicided. I'm looking for a 4'×4' to 5'x5' filled in a SOG techinque, and i found these options. Someone can help me with the best choice?

HLG Scorpion Diablo
GML Tarantula Vulcan Magma
GML Tarantula Vulcan Nitro
Lumatek Zeus Pro 600w 3.1 (this one have the lowest wattage of the pool, maybe need to add 2 single bar 100w for extra light spot?)
MarsHydro FC-6500 Evo

I'll probabilly need the 240 Volts version for UE.
If there are more valid option i'm opened to any advice 😁

Maybe they are all valid and simply i need to take the cheapest one? There is a best one and is worh it?

Thanks to all of you 🙏
Go check out this gentleman on YouTube , MIGRO. He does testing on all the current leds fixtures out there. And he's a very well respected gentleman in the industry, all the manufacturers send him their fixtures.
On a personal note. I use the lumetek 600w Pro and its an awesome light. However, I'd love to try that borg out though.

Bibio II

GML Borg
rayonled 760pro

Sorry guys, i've last question: i send an email to GML for more info (they're customer service is pretty nice) because I want to know the real differences between Borg and Borg Evolution because the difference in price is huge. They have the same specs and spectrum, only difference is that Borg use Samsung LM301h Evo + Osram, the Evolution use the same Samsung but with Ledestar. In your opinion the bigger investment on Borg is giustified or the Borg Evolution is the best buy?

Thanks all 🙏

Thegreengrower64

Sorry guys, i've last question: i send an email to GML for more info (they're customer service is pretty nice) because I want to know the real differences between Borg and Borg Evolution because the difference in price is huge. They have the same specs and spectrum, only difference is that Borg use Samsung LM301h Evo + Osram, the Evolution use the same Samsung but with Ledestar. In your opinion the bigger investment on Borg is giustified or the Borg Evolution is the best buy?

Thanks all 🙏

Thegreengrower64

Thanks, i've just seen this one, but I don't understand no sigle lamp from GML, or Lumatek/Photontek.
Could be because they're very expensive.
There's a plethora of led's out there now, and a lot of the new ones incorporate the new 'evo' leds at considerably less price than gml.
I would hazard a guess at saying 99% of led fixtures all use the lm301b and osram diodes. So, it's all in the efficiency numbers. When it comes to a few points difference, you gotta ask yourself, is /are they worth the extra money.

Bibio II

Could be because they're very expensive.
There's a plethora of led's out there now, and a lot of the new ones incorporate the new 'evo' leds at considerably less price than gml.
I would hazard a guess at saying 99% of led fixtures all use the lm301b and osram diodes. So, it's all in the efficiency numbers. When it comes to a few points difference, you gotta ask yourself, is /are they worth the extra money.

Yeah, u're absolutly right, but the price of GML is giustified by his unique characteristic: the variable spectrum. I'm not denfend GML, but only point out on this exclusive (and expensive) feature.

Thegreengrower64

Yeah, u're absolutly right, but the price of GML is giustified by his unique characteristic: the variable spectrum. I'm not denfend GML, but only point out on this exclusive (and expensive) feature.
I can't argue with that.
But you gotta ask yourself, will you be using/playing around with all the different spectrums. Yeah, I suppose so. But after you've played around, and then realise, you're only using a fraction of what you've paid for.
It's all subjective matey.
I love my lumetek.
Go with the best that's affordable for you.

Bibio II

I can't argue with that.
But you gotta ask yourself, will you be using/playing around with all the different spectrums. Yeah, I suppose so. But after you've played around, and then realise, you're only using a fraction of what you've paid for.
It's all subjective matey.
I love my lumetek.
Go with the best that's affordable for you.

I like Lumatek too, i never used it, but i've see a lot of works done with it and it's rock! For the price the new Zeus is near to the Borg Evo.
I appreciate you're point, and let me discuss it, it gonna be interesting a different view.
For example, blue spike in vegetative and seedling stage is what we looking for, but in flowering too much blue spike affect the yield in negative, but you also need a little quantity of this, but, how much? There are some study, but basically growing weed use scientific concept and try how it's work, it's a bro science 😂 (let me free with this little dose of irony 😂).
Obviously for the best result need to work with clones. Other question, all genetics reacts in the same way to the same spectrum? In this way i'm interested in variable spectrum, but at the end off all of this u're right, you will use only a fraction of what i'm paid, but this fraction is avaible in other lamps? And more, you yse the same spectrum with all phases of flowering when you tested that work better using different spectrum in early and late? If the answer in yes then you don't need other lamps.
The're all only just assumptions, basically is what i've in the head and it's caotic 😂

Thegreengrower64

Grown under my zues 600 Pro.

Attachments

• 20231122_224656.jpg
    20231122_224656.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 24
  • 20231112_173013.jpg
    20231112_173013.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 23

Oregonism

I like Lumatek too, i never used it, but i've see a lot of works done with it and it's rock! For the price the new Zeus is near to the Borg Evo.
I appreciate you're point, and let me discuss it, it gonna be interesting a different view.
For example, blue spike in vegetative and seedling stage is what we looking for, but in flowering too much blue spike affect the yield in negative, but you also need a little quantity of this, but, how much? There are some study, but basically growing weed use scientific concept and try how it's work, it's a bro science 😂 (let me free with this little dose of irony 😂).
Obviously for the best result need to work with clones. Other question, all genetics reacts in the same way to the same spectrum? In this way i'm interested in variable spectrum, but at the end off all of this u're right, you will use only a fraction of what i'm paid, but this fraction is avaible in other lamps? And more, you yse the same spectrum with all phases of flowering when you tested that work better using different spectrum in early and late? If the answer in yes then you don't need other lamps.
The're all only just assumptions, basically is what i've in the head and it's caotic 😂
I think that the HLG is the best out there especially for PPF. Multispectrum is kinda foo foo juice...plants like [are able to utilize] most of the range of light and want intensity more. I think Bugbee leans this way in his hypothesis'es...

I knew the guys running seperate companies many moons ago that merged and created HLG, they used the cannabis community to build their lights. Mammoth is also maybe up here....Lumateks are also up here in tech, but they are expensive imho. Nextlight is up here in this category I think. They offer really great tech in a bare package.

I would go for a light that has the most intensity that fits my current space. Some are more configurable in space, and most are putting out equal intensities with spectrum tweaks ......even the dam Chinese lights will grow quality ganja.....my experience was to build my own starting out with Cree COB's 3070's 2700K, 2012 ish.....they still grow fantastic weed. There like 1.9-2.1 umol/s. More waste heat in those early fixtures.....Good luck!

Thegreengrower64

lumatek/etc/etc.... where are they sourcing their parts from??? if its china, but built in usa/germany/etc... they are still fukin chinese made... no???
Lumetek is the European company/ photontek for the USA. Both are the same. The diodes they use are lumileds, which is a global company, so could be made, wherever 🤔.
Lumetek themselves manufacturer and distribute .
They are expensive (in the usa) but not so much in the European market to purchase.
Hope that answers your question mate.

Latest posts

Latest posts