What's new

benzo goes round 2

OCkushKing

nice Canopy there Benzo, looks like your a few days ahead of me in flower! it must be looking nice in there right now! hows the stretch?

benzo

Benzo, Nice Job!!! this run is looking very nice

thank you! and yea, this run is going waaaay more smoothly than last run. I'm expecting a way bigger and better yield this round.

nice Canopy there Benzo, looks like your a few days ahead of me in flower! it must be looking nice in there right now! hows the stretch?

Saturday is my 2 week mark! and the first kool bloom slam.

Yeah the canopy is looking nice. But I should have flipped them much sooner. The stretch is killin me! I'm almost running out of room. I keep weaving and bending the tops tho.. supercropping seemed to just back fire cause it made them shoot up even faster!

Next run I will use a MH bulb for veg, and first 2 weeks of flower, then HPS for the rest of flower.

:thank you::tiphat::wave:

they look sick! looks like ur in for a FAT YEILD OF DANK NUGS.....welllll now that you know how tall not to take them youll do EVEN BETTER next run on the height issue......

keep up the great work benzo

benzo

picture.php

picture.php

slowandeasy

Veteran
Looking Good Benzo! Told you the Blumats make the plants stretch more than expected! Next run I am flipping mine at 1 foot, I have to train mine everytime and space is limited. Flip way sooner than you think you should, and I think they will be perfect height. Good luck, hopefully the Kool Bloom stops the stretch...slowed mine down the other day...but still stretching! Take care.

benzo

Looking Good Benzo! Told you the Blumats make the plants stretch more than expected! Next run I am flipping mine at 1 foot, I have to train mine everytime and space is limited. Flip way sooner than you think you should, and I think they will be perfect height. Good luck, hopefully the Kool Bloom stops the stretch...slowed mine down the other day...but still stretching! Take care.

thanks yo!

haha yeah these ladies are WAAAY to big.. but my buddy (Alamony) got his grow going on next to me. He had Rez's Double Strawberry Diesel, and it hermied due to light leaks, so he seeded it, and his current grow is from those seeds. So they were way behind, and I waited a bit for them to grow before we flowered since we using the same room.

Next run I wanna start a perpetual, so about 3/4s of the way through this run I will be buying clones, some fast finishers to start. Then my goals is to throw in new clones every 2 weeks.

I'm giving em Kool bloom on Saturday.. so i got my fingers crossed they will stop stretching!

anyways.. thanks for stopping by.:dance013:

Edit: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to slowandeasy again.

benzo

Defoliation!!!

I had way to many over lapping fan leaves that were drenching wet from transpiration! I am NOT trying to get PM again

So,.. I just spent 2 and a half hours cutting off hella fan leaves.

I know in the defoliation thread it says to start in veg.

I some what did it through out the whole grow, but slowly.. Not all massive and at once like I did today. But I have high hopes.

PICS!!

BEFORE:
picture.php

AFTER:
picture.php

and a picture for future reference me..
picture.php

Oh, quick question.. What is the optimal humidity range for veg and for flower???

Good night icmag!:cool:

OCkushKing

Yo brudda! About your last qustion, you want to run higher humidity in veg, around 65+, you can keep that all the way through the beggining of actual flowers, you need to drop it when the buds start to form, then you want to keep it at or around 50%.
Funny that you said this run is much more smooth than your last! I too am experiencing the same situation, my last few grows were all fried up by this time in flowering, now im still chillen, and just like you, running out of space fast! keep us updated on the defoliating! The only trimming i did was lollipoping, to scared to pull off my nicest set of fan leaves ive ever grown. lol

benzo

wad up bro! thanks for letting me know about the humidity! I guess its a a cool range, cause its up around 55 at the moment.. EDIT. actually its at 46.. ill have to work on that.

anyways, I DF'ed last round cause I had pm.. and I didnt know what defoliation was untill I was already doing it.

But once I read the thread I did so even more, as you can see by that picture ^ haha..

I went in there today.. and kept wanting to remove more leafs that were covering bud sites, but I resisted and didn't pull a single one. I will wait a couple weeks to see how they do..

benzo

Pictures speak a thousand words

Pictures speak a thousand words

Plants got a lil to close to the 1,000 watt.. and the leafs directly under it turned a bright yellow. the buds were ok though..

I raised the light.

Did more defoliation. I took off 3x this amount:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

G

guest5703

Damn did you get scissor happy bro?!?!? They looked sooo nice!!! I get what you mean about overlapping and getting moisture then that will turn to PM. Better to be safe than sorry that's for sure. They are looking good still, starting to fill out eh? Those Blumats are interesting....I'll have to look into that more. Keep up the good work, they sure are huge!

benzo

Today is about day 31 of flower. gave them the second application of kool bloom (2 days late! whoops)

Blueberry cola
picture.php

Speed Queen. She stretched so much, I lsted her top cola.
picture.php

Lights on
picture.php

Lights off
picture.php

slowandeasy

Veteran
Looking good Benzo! I told you, the Blumats make them stretch more than you think! Gets me everytime~!! Not this time, I am Defoliating from early veg, and training hardcore right off the bat. Flipping when they are way shorter! They always blow up way quicker than you think...everytime!! Keep up the good work Bro, take care. BTW, I have a ton of Bent Colas...does not slow anything down!

S

Silky Johnson

Looking good bro! Quick question with all that trimming do you much stress on your plants? Because as far as I see the answer is no but I've really never hacked that much

S

Silky Johnson

Plus have you heard of air pots? YouTube it if youre going to be growing in coco

benzo

wad up slowandeasy..bent colas are the shit!

and yup.. you were right.. they stretched like crazy on me! i was scared i was gonna run outta room. but they ended up stopping inches before i did.

sup buddin
caligreen yo yo..yeah man those blumats are awesome!! they have not gotten droopy even ONCE this go..

@stonescafe thanks for coming thru

huntingbb

and yup.. you were right.. they stretched like crazy on me! i was scared i was gonna run outta room. but they ended up stopping inches before i did.

sup buddin
caligreen yo yo..yeah man those blumats are awesome!! they have not gotten droopy even ONCE this go..

that cola garden is looking awesome! :gday:

slowandeasy

Veteran

sup buddin

Bending is perfectly fine and a leaf tip might burn here and there. But my light always winds up being maxed out on height. This run of clones are going to grow much shorter. Been Defoliating in Veg, it is pretty cool...I can watch the branches appear daily. Before I trimmed them, the Massive fan leaves blocked those veiws to my eyes. Which means, those fan leaves were blocking tons of light!

Cant wait to see your end results, looks like they are packing on the weight big time now. Good luck!! BTW how much Pro-Tek are you using? I have never used it, do you still have to use any pH up? I have to add 1.5ml of Up to bring to 5.8-5.9

benzo

@Silky Johnson

Yeah I heard of air pots. But I'm going with Smart Pots. I have 12 2 gallon SMART pots that I'm going to use next run.

@Huntingbb: Thanks! its getting better each day

Bending is perfectly fine and a leaf tip might burn here and there. But my light always winds up being maxed out on height. This run of clones are going to grow much shorter. Been Defoliating in Veg, it is pretty cool...I can watch the branches appear daily. Before I trimmed them, the Massive fan leaves blocked those veiws to my eyes. Which means, those fan leaves were blocking tons of light!

Cant wait to see your end results, looks like they are packing on the weight big time now. Good luck!! BTW how much Pro-Tek are you using? I have never used it, do you still have to use any pH up? I have to add 1.5ml of Up to bring to 5.8-5.9

I'm going to use defoliation in veg next round..

I use 1ml of Pro Tek Silica per gallon.
and I use ph down, not ph UP. After I mix in all the nutes, my ph is in the mid sixes.

Latest posts

Latest posts