What's new

An ArcticBlast Production

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
yeah like i said i was all fucked up just playing with the buttons, and i accidentally pressed the "BS" button, and i was like oh shit what did i do...but really it opened up a menu called Better Shot, and it let me choose what kind of picture i was taking...like a portrait or a landscape or a flower or food lol

the first few pics are from the flower setting, which is alright...but i got the best results with the food setting lol

ArcticBlast

ArcticBlast

Veteran
whats up everybody?

so yeah, i've been playin with the camera some more...:

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

there you have it! take care :deadxmas:

ArcticBlast

ArcticBlast

Veteran
if you're talking about the soil, then its perlite!

if you're talking about the leaves, that's just a reflection of water misted onto the leaves! i put the flash on with a tungsten filter so i guess it makes it look white. Thanks for stopping by!

ArcticBlast

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
whew, ok i thought it was one of teh worst PM problems I have ever seen

Plants looks great man btw

ArcticBlast

Veteran
lmao, no...if i can see what you're saying though...i didn't notice it until you said something lol!

thanks

ArcticBlast

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
Looking great AB! Everything looks pukka & healthy.

OK....I'm always with the questions:

Why the cutting of the leaves? I've seen people do it with lil-bitty clones before, but these ladies are a decent size.

What benefit does it give?

ArcticBlast

Veteran
Thanks Ido! Hey Blimey!

Actually, i snipped a couple of tips off of some damaged leaves before i transplanted. I don't believe it does wonders or anything, i just dont like unsightly crispy leaves lol

But yeah, i've heard of people "lollipopping" their plants in very early flower to A)maximize the light's "attention" to the top buds and i guess to B) slow down/decrease stretch

But yeah, thanks for stopping by! I said i'll update weekly but so far i've updated every day so far lol

take care everyone!
ArcticBlast

Last edited:

Big D

icmagic
Veteran
Looking good brother! HFH tester ey? Well now, thats a great honor and I am sure will make for a great thread! Best wishes :D

:lurk: I'm tagged

basscadet

Hey AB, :santa1:

Congrats on becoming a test grower, looks like you're doing a fine job of it.

What nutes are you using?

I'll stick around and watch them grow.:smokeit:

ArcticBlast

Veteran
Hey basscadet!

Yeah, the flowering plants are actually from last year's outdoor with esbe's strains! i'm patiently waiting for the new stuff :window: lol

the nutrients are actually technaflora's recipe for (hydro) success lol...

its funny that you mentioned it, because i need to get more/different nutrients and 2 new bulbs for my pl-l soon... any suggestions for SOIL nutrients? i'm not too concerned with it being all organic or anything, i flush for a pretty long time i think. Anyone have experience with the Canna Terra nutrients?

Anything else i should pick up? i was thinking about going to walmart and getting one of those toy USB microscopes so you guys can see all the crystals and stuff...we'll see!

ArcticBlast

Blimey

Take A Deep Breath
Veteran
I use Canna PK13/14, and that's pretty good, although timing is important. I've switched to it too early before, and the plant has cannibalised all its fans for N before it was finished.

For veg and early flower, I'm using this cheap FITO Citrus stuff (5-7-7 with all the micros except Cal, Mag and Sulfur). My water's pretty chalky, so Cal isn't a problem, and a dash of Epsom Salts supplies Mg and S.

But I just use whatever I can find for the cheapest price going - I'm sure there's better nutes out there.

I saw one of those USB scopes the other day - I was wondering if they were any good. I use a 10x loupe from a fishing tackle shop myself - haven't tried sticking it in front of the camera lens though.

Congrats on the Award, dude!

ArcticBlast

Veteran
lmao, thanks, we'll see if i keep it

yeah i'm gonna try out the canna i think. i also need just a nice simple soil mix. eddie.saw was telling me about one before, maybe he can chime in here and tell me what it was, again!

yeah i'd only get the USB one to show everyone on here, its not like i need it or anything haha! but yeah i saw a toy microscope for like $15 once, and it didn't look half bad

ArcticBlast: Out

eddie.saw

well since you mentioned it the mix that i've used in the past, this is outdoor btw, was roughly one part compost/humus 2 parts perlite and 3 parts peat then you can throw whatever other organics you want. i've also been thinking about replacing the peat with coco and a few other tweaks to it, do a search for soil mixs. there are alot of there, they're all pretty much the same thing but i belive that making your own mix saves on cost and plus the security of knowing what's in your soil/soiless mix

ArcticBlast

Veteran
thanks eddie.saw, i was looking for something simple like that! and i agree, i want to look into coco as well, it looks pretty cool!

i also want to give a shoutout to all the crazy people that were at HTG Supply an hour ago lol. Just crazy. I went in and saw like 10 people so i just grabbed my shit and left without looking around a little... i was going to look at coco and Canna nutrients! oh well, next time!

i'm probably going to smoke a joint in the flowering room later, and if i do, i'll be sure to take some pics for my loyal entourage lol

later

ArcticBlast