What's new

Am I going in the right direction? or no (BREEDING)

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
mhm FH let me think how i should explain it to you, im no native english speaker (scandinavia|Eu ; hence my name :yoinks: ).

Imagine you have a selected haze mom: 14 weeks flowering to get ripe nuggz;BB needs aprox 8 i dont know, never grown it.After the initial cross H x BB you grow out the offspring and will find that the all of the phenos will need longer 12/12 due to the extreme haze influence from the mother [ 9-12 weeks 12/12] .And then you want to back-cross 3 phenotypes to the original Haze mom.Result will be increased flowering time and less nugz indoor (haze likes the sun more as any 1000W candle).

So my tip would be to controll the stretch of the haze and to keep 12/12 down, take BB as the mother and take 2-3 of the fastest haze studs.
This cross will have increased 12/12 too , but never that much as vice versa , then you want to backcross the 2-3 fastest and shortest,stockiest BB/H males to the original BB mom.result is a BB/H/BB [aka. BB/H Bx-I] which has the vigor of a haze in it and the easy maintainance of a much used indoor adapted plant.So you can have the best of both worlds.
Fj

PS:pm me if anybody got some qs......

Last edited:
G

jejejej, now this theard has been a blessing for this morning ... naw, for the whole day!

Very useful info!

I would like to borrow this theard a bit...

What woud be the result if we take P1(male) that is F7 and P1 female F1 hybrid. We should get a lot of different phenos, since we intorudce totaly fresh F1 gene pool (that makes differences in F2) to stable genes...?

Sorry if I :hijacked: .. :D

Peace and love,
Agnes :wave:

Last edited:

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
4 Agnes ;) [other´s too :p]
mhm I dont know .... but reefer made such a cross i think with his KodiakGold (or maybe KojacGold i dunno exactly , its a soma hybrid for sure)
When i recall right in his seed discribtion on sb he mentioned that they crossed a stable f8 Lavender to a f1 or something similar.
Fj
Ps:maybe youre lucky enough to find a thread of this strain, look through it, if its a properly done review of the strain you have to see if its stable (2-3 pheno´s is stable for myself)

G

Agnes,stability will be amongst the offspring! Stability has come from f7 side,new traits inside the f1 will be spread very evenly through out the offspring.These should be called f8p1.

Last edited:
G

Feeling Hazy,If you put a BB father x Haze across Haze father x BB together 3 or 4 times,you will be able to get the full spectrum of desired traits with true accuracy.

Last edited:
G

suzycremecheese said:
Wow, I know DJs a great breeder but I would love to see the research that proved such a complex factoid. Odds are, very few, if any of the genes involved in flavor or flavor intensity are sex linked. Personally I find it hard to believe and even harder to prove.

Do a reciprocal cross. Try it both ways and see which you like better.

And if your all looking for a goodbook try breeding field crops by Poehlman and Sleper. Theres plenty of solid factual info in there that can be applied to cannabis.

I tend to agree, it takes experience with the chosen parents to guess upon what the end result will be, dj really knows his blueberry so he can instinctively say what will happen in bb crosses..I know certain things can be determined beforehand, for instance finishing times and mold resistance are usually under more influence from the mother side

G

P1 usually refers to a 'pure' or 'parental' line, not hybrid
usually when you cross a well stabillized male onto a hybrid female you will see fairly decent consistency in the resultant offspring (due to the dominance of the inbred male), but take these offspring and inbreed them and in the next generation you will see phentypical divide which will show you all the possible parent phenotypes as well as the various hybrid phenotypes..please note I am not calling these f1s and f2s because they aren't really

Agnes said:
jejejej, now this theard has been a blessing for this morning ... naw, for the whole day!

Very useful info!

I would like to borrow this theard a bit...

What woud be the result if we take P1(male) that is F7 and P1 female F1 hybrid. We should get a lot of different phenos, since we intorudce totaly fresh F1 gene pool (that makes differences in F2) to stable genes...?

Sorry if I :hijacked: .. :D

Peace and love,
Agnes :wave:

G

Wizard of Oz said:
Feeling Hazy,If you put a BB father x Haze across Haze father x BB together 3 or 4 times,you will be able to get the full spectrum of desired traits with true accuracy.

Could you explain that a little better? I think I understand it for the most part but maybe not.

Actually now that I think of it I have no clue what you mean. lol.

Last edited:
G

fjällhöga said:
mhm FH let me think how i should explain it to you, im no native english speaker (scandinavia|Eu ; hence my name :yoinks: ).

Imagine you have a selected haze mom: 14 weeks flowering to get ripe nuggz;BB needs aprox 8 i dont know, never grown it.After the initial cross H x BB you grow out the offspring and will find that the all of the phenos will need longer 12/12 due to the extreme haze influence from the mother [ 9-12 weeks 12/12] .And then you want to back-cross 3 phenotypes to the original Haze mom.Result will be increased flowering time and less nugz indoor (haze likes the sun more as any 1000W candle).

So my tip would be to controll the stretch of the haze and to keep 12/12 down, take BB as the mother and take 2-3 of the fastest haze studs.
This cross will have increased 12/12 too , but never that much as vice versa , then you want to backcross the 2-3 fastest and shortest,stockiest BB/H males to the original BB mom.result is a BB/H/BB [aka. BB/H Bx-I] which has the vigor of a haze in it and the easy maintainance of a much used indoor adapted plant.So you can have the best of both worlds.
Fj

PS:pm me if anybody got some qs......

So to summarise in my own words to make sure I fully understand you. I want to cross a female Bubbleberry with 2 or 3 of my fastest male Hazes, then grow out the resulting seeds "BB/Haze" and select 2 or 3 of the best BB/Haze males and cross those males back to the BB female I started with. Correct?

Should I use just my best female BB, or several just like I want to use several males in each phase of the crossing and then mix those seeds together? Im hoping to be able to use just one female BB to keep things a little more simple. Will male Hazes show me how fast they are quicker then a female Haze would because I have such limited space. Im beginning to think this project is getting farther and farther from me being able to do it even, considering the plant counts I will need, multiple males and at least one female BB. You can prune Haze and BB/Haze and BB father and mothers to keep them small enough to breed with a minimal amount of space and light, correct? That seems to be my only hope. Oh I almost forgot do you think a 400w MH for mothers and fathers, and a 400 HPS for the flowering phases would do if not Im going to just scrap the project altogether for now anyways?

P.S. Your English sounds fine to me, I wouldnt have thought it wasnt your native language if you didnt say so! :joint:

Last edited:

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Is it possible for you to set up a small room with some fluroscents?
this is enough to keep small males alive untill you need them, when its time for the males put them under the HID.
I see only one possible problem at ya thoughts, when you use only one BB fem, maybe she´s prone to mites, mildew,etc and this is NOT the case in your garden now .So the offspring will be prone to that too.Such bad abillities are not clearly visible from only growing it alone.Maybe its better if you use two "different" BB fem´s[needless to say the best] that you cross to the Haze studs, so you will get some more phenos , but you are on a safer way as only one mom and maybe this mom got a pack of junk in it.
Junk=weakness to pests,mildew etc,etc
its easier to correct junk-related miss-breeds when more parents are used, but think of it ,the more parents the more beans you have to plant to get desired pheno!
Fj

G

So using two or three female BB would be advisable or do you think Id need more even. Can I do this with buying only one pack of the two strains or should I get two of each just to be safe?

G

Why not try and buy the already tryed and tested Blue Haze from Homegrown Fantaseeds.Then start an inbreeding program from them?Buy 20!!!The more the better!

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fh plz before you spend 1 $ for HGF seeds, pm me and we´ll find a way that you have ya haze beans without buying 90 % skunk mentioned as HomeGrownHaze.........
Fj

Last edited:
G

Fj,the Haze man created Blue Haze from DP's Blueberry x Haze.It is not Haze 19 x Sk1#. Blue Haze beet alot of top notch strains to win best sativa at the 2001 cup!

G

pick out what it is you're looking for in males and females.. i recommend you use multiple males....

G

most of the 'haze' available in holland is kinda junky imho, you might need 5 or 10 packs to find what I would consider a keeper...that is an unfortunate problem with being so inbred...I would try the tom hill haze, and get at least 2 packs

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lol cray yarr talking from ma mind i sprouted 75 ssH f1 beans for selecting parents for my f2s :p
Fj

G

thumbsup.gif

jahseeds

hows it growing?

hows it growing?

c-ray said:

hey, my brother c-ray, how've you been, good to see you around still sharing the knowledge and experience you possess. peace and blessings, grow safe.

Closet Funk

CeRtIfIeD OrGaNiC!
Veteran
I forgot all about this thread. I remember posting and not getting on the net for awhile. Then when I got on it was gone and I forgot about it. Someone must of went back throught the older threads and posted. I just noticed it and was skimming through. It seemed to turn into a nice info thread about breeding. I was looking for this info and now I got it. Thanks. Also thanks for the person that posted last to bring it back to my attention.

Latest posts

Latest posts