What's new

Advice needed for nordic >60 nl guerilla strain

Suomi-Prkl

Veteran
i think it would be good idea to keep the solid bottom pure and work within the line. lots of unstabile polyhybrids already out there, and since you've already worked with the line you know where to go.

if you still wanna cross it like in the original post, i'd suggest thyphoon or pehkuruder for the qualities you specified.

pm me if you're interested, good luck with the project!

A

arcticsun

im working on much the same thing as you are my friends, please lets keep eachother updated on the projects :D im up at almost 70 north

im working on pehkuruders and FINX.. i really also like you want to keep the pehkuruder separate from any lowryder line.

lets just get going with making our own polyhybrids out of the lines we have, i must admit im an amateur breeder in the pollen chucker category.

kill me for saying this but i was actually thinking of crossing the pehkuruder to ssh and to sshXcheese. much because that is what i have available atm lol.

tropical sativas are the most mold resistant afaik because of the humidity in the rainforest. how about a pure equatorian sativa?

i have no idea what will become of these hybrids but im very interrested in any similar strains out there.

Kaneh said:
Were gonna make Scandinavia the next big thing in MJ outdoor cultivation!!! Here's gonna be lots of pot-turists in near future! LOL

i vote Kaneh for president of scandinavia!! :woohoo: -can i get a "YES WE CAN!!"? amen!!

by the way guys you find my project here

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=134669

The Hyperborea Project.

peace guys

audiofilip

I like the ideas of an early finnishing sativa :) But keep the old genes alive, dont loose the old seedstock you might walk the wrong path when breeding sometimes .. keep up the good work !

Hi everybody,

sorry for not keeping you updated.

I tested this summer Seedsman Afghani and Nirvana Early Misty.

Top44s I gave to a friend in need.

Afghani and EM is now 4 months old and they have not started to flower.
:laughing:
So I quess I don't have them in any crosses. LOL
If you call something early, it should have started flowering in september, right???
Early my ass!:wallbash:

But Solid Bottoms looks better than ever.

- They went 99% AF (couple exceptions).
- Now 4 months old, and could still be go for couple weeks, so were not talking typical 8-10 weeks AF (lowryder) strain.
- Not super strong but high is good, uplifting + happy. I prefer very much to lowryder crosses.
- Bud/leaf ratio could be better.
- Very strong strain, good for guerilla growing. Can and will fight other vegetation with success. Doesn't need any attention.

I made some crosses with LR2 and Poison dwarf.
I believe these F1s will be superior to anything I have grown outdoors. But I don't plan to make F2. Instead I try to make Solid Bottom better via selective breeding, and see what happens. And when it's stable and as good as it can be then make new cross. I hope I got something to cross it with at that point!
Maybe I just do F1s with new LR-strains. It's too big project for me to stabilize another strain. And Solid Ryder F1s I have look very good!

Blackone:
I'd love to try C99, but it's difficult to find at the moment (?).
Hey Kaneh, when did your Early Misty finally finish?I am at 36*nl and EM finishes here about sept.20-25.Early misty is also very cold resistant. Last year I set a small plant on my porch on a 18*f night and I was surprised to find it o.k. the next day.EM is not as strong as some of the super strains but a lot of the super strains wont grow outdoors.A friend of mine gave this strain to me.He has grown it for years and swears by it.Anybody looking for a good outdoor strain should give EM a try.There are very few outdoor strains better than EM and I have grown a lot of strains in the past 30 yrs......o.b.:2cents:

Kaneh

Hey Kaneh, when did your Early Misty finally finish?I am at 36*nl and EM finishes here about sept.20-25.Early misty is also very cold resistant. Last year I set a small plant on my porch on a 18*f night and I was surprised to find it o.k. the next day.EM is not as strong as some of the super strains but a lot of the super strains wont grow outdoors.A friend of mine gave this strain to me.He has grown it for years and swears by it.Anybody looking for a good outdoor strain should give EM a try.There are very few outdoor strains better than EM and I have grown a lot of strains in the past 30 yrs......o.b.:2cents:

When did my EM finish? ...It didn't even start flowering!!!
:laughing:
But remember I live at 60NL, so it's totally different thing growing here.

Well, it started flowering when I took it inside with 12/12 lights.
I actually just harvested them, 1 plant looks and smells OK, but nothing to write home about. I wouldn't recommend this strain to anyone.

Kaneh

BTW, thanks everyone for your input.

I'm gonna do a seed run inside this winter. I will grow lots of Solid Bottoms, F1-F5 and try to find best possible mothers and fathers for future generations.
I might get help from couple friends, so maybe we can do some serious selections this year!

I'll also grow some Bubble Gum and maybe Mandala#1 and see if I wanna use them for making seeds.

I saw someone picture of someone growing Mandala#1 in finland outdoors, and it looked tasty! ;)

Kaneh

I think I promised some photos at some point!

I finally got my shit together and uploaded my first photos to my gallery.
Let's see if I can make this work:

original Solid Bottoms:

Heres some Solid Ryder F2s. Around 30 parents open pollinated in the wild! ;) You can crearly see the huge differences you can get in F2 generation. Last one on the right is suprisingly pure Solid bottom! It's from very short mother, it's basicly ruderalis, not very good.

love?

Very nice Kaneh. Glad to hear you're gonna keep on working with this interesting line.

How does the strain smoke?

Kaneh

How does the strain smoke?

Taste is OK, but could be better. It's bit "leafy", but almost all outdoor grows has that taste. But it's NOT hay! LOL ;D
Smoke is not harsh at all, very easy to take big hits.

High is decent also. It's not super strong, but I have managed to get totally wasted when smoking fat one alone during daytime. My wife was laughing at me when she came home, LOL.
Very nice active high. good daytime smoke, but not something to smoke to knock you out.

Kaneh

AK48 didn't finish at all for me at 55N - flowering was barely initiated with no visible trichomes.
I think it's a really good idea not to throw in Lowryder - the more Non-lowryder AF we can get the better I say! Nothing bad about lowryder but the more sources of AF the better.
The strain you have already has the auto or semi-auto trigger right?, so what you need to introduce into the genepool is probably short flower time.
Afghani is probably not a bad choice - how about C99 if you want more sativa genes in the cross?

I just reread this thread.
I have AK-48, But not gonna use it for this project.
Seedsman Afghani was disappoinment.
BUT I just got Moscas C-99 seeds, I'm making cross with them this winter and test the seeds next summer. I'm bit worried about C-99s narrow genetic spectrum, I would like to be able to make many generations in future from this cross.

Here's couple fotos of dry Solid Bottom bud:

Nice nugs, You shall find what you seek if you keep poking at it.

I suggest the early wonder skunk from solar warrior, Potent and some are full auto if you find the right pheno.

Island bud from great with north has some semi and dam near full autos in there also, Good smoke for daytime, no couchlock.I made a few crosses with these and i like em. Pleasent up high.

Good luck with your project

SM