70 W system challenge LED vs. HPS #2

G

:wave:
nice thread! i was wondering how things will go with the LED light!:D
it looks like plants enjoy it!
thnx for sharing!

G

LED still doesnt look as full and lush as HPS but they do look better this run, congrats and keep up the good work medved

Medved

thanx for stoping by everybody. Here is a little update. Girls are now in 11 days of flowering, and small buds are already formating.

First you can see both places together

Here is LED place

under the net in LED place

and over the net in LED place

Here is one small LED bud from AK-47

Here you can see HPS place

and HPS place over the net

one small HPS bud

I'm watering them only with filtered pure water, NO nutes. But I have some problems, that I don't know what exactly are they. There are a few leaves that are turning brown dots, and then turning yelow.

Here is a pic for better imagination

I cheched PH value of the media (soil) and here are the results (one is missing)

If anybody knows what's the problem please don't hesitate to tell me :)

Have a nice day fellow growers

Levitikuz

5.8 ph in soil sounds a bit low to me...looks like most of ur soil is in the low sixes...i would get it to atleast 6.5...but who knows ?

trapik

yep, I second that.
6.8 seems to be what works best in soil.
It obviously looks like a low pH trouble on the leaves (from what I can see on faq and books, I've never experienced it).

thanks again for the 2nd comparison experiment (looks quite better btw!)

Medved

rkone it's in both room. And I think that PH was the problem also, because I was measuring PH with another PH meter before (14 days ago) and it was not calibrated good :S for about 0,6 PH wrong. So I was actually watering girls with a PH about 5,5 - 6,2. Before 10 days the PH in the soil was about 5.00 I think. So now is much better, hope that there will not be any problems again :) Will try to rise it to 6,8 and will see, what will happen :)

Thanks on informations and have a nice day :)

G

good to hear you got it covered, your side by side is one of the more interesting grows happening right now

st0fr

Levitikuz said:
lol Simba you got totally ingnored...
Simba brought up alot of good points....but i guess its way to late for any of that....

lol my thoughts exactly.

Interresting though, how far down does those led penetrate?

simba

Sleeping Dragon
Ive realized i all i can do is give my Points/Ideas/Results from my last 3 years of Pure 24/7 growing. (not for fun or Product to sell or consume rather finding what works why etc and finding what doesnt and why it dont.)
oh i grow for work LOL well experiment with everything for work.. ;) Man i love my job (and many years prior, that where for fun or working for fam Garden cntr)

and i try not to dont PUSH my Results.. (except CMH, LOL Only because that one IS NEEDED)
i know im just ahead of my time.. LOL

Nice grow though Gives him great experience.. (the one big thing i give LEDS u understand that mylar is garbage fast, and how Light Behaves (reflection, refraction,difusion. etc, because LEDS have a colimated beam (depending on optic or reflector)

Last edited:

Medved

Finally I have found some minutes for short update. I work too much.

The girls are in 21 days of flowering and I watered them with nutrients 4 days ago. Because I think there was missing some N in the HPS room.

Here are the pics

and a HPS bud

here is a LED bud

In next few days there will be more updates, I promise that.

Have a nice day

Medved

helou everybody, it's time to show you something nicer than before :) Girls are in 24 days of flowering and looking sweet :D

here are some pics

and HPS

Have a nice day, till next update :)

G

they look more even this time around, although i feel like the hps is still just a tad farther in development, but then again maybe im just biased :D

blackone

Veteran
Yeah a couple of the hps buds are looking more fat but it does look pretty even. This is gonna be fun to watch in the coming weeks.