What's new

70,000 watt grow house busted

• Thread starter stonedeconomist
  • Start date
G

pg&e charges me .36 per kwh. microwave a few frozen burritos and the ol lady blow dries her hair (grew up in the 80's) and the baseline is gone.. who's stealin from who???

Macster2

Verite said:
Next time, quote me or at least tell me what exactly you disagree with, otherwise it sounds like you are disagreeing with the wind when you dig up a year old post.

I disagree big juice stealers busted left and right.

However I wouldn't
do it because it gives another agency or group incentive to nail you and the right to kick in your door that much easier

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you are stealing power you make it very hard for a lawyer to defend. Not only are you growing ... but now you have your lawyer trying to defend a thief. Doesnt make for a very sympathetic jury and certainly makes your lawyers job much much tougher.

Vermonster

they obv crank up the money value so hard working citizens who would normally be like its just weed look at the numbers and get jealous aka mad and then hate these rich ass dealers....yeah know....plus then they can seize every last possession and tack on a huge fine for the taxes on those amounts....

Well i dont know why everyone is so pissy mood about these commercial growers for. I on the other hand think that if it wasn't for these commercial growers alot of people wouldn't be able to even get a single nug. Alot of people don't know how to grow and even if a few of us had already tried some people still can't grow enough for their needs and have to turn to the streets. Sure they make alot of money but that's the reward for putting their life on the line, if u don't want to buy from them then grow your own which we all here are doing and in doing so we also know the risk involve in growing. And i seriously don't understand where in the article that it say they got caught because they are stealing power so its like everytime a high profile case which always involve a large grow we focus our attention on it and say "Oh they got caught because they were stealing power", when we should be focusing on the true reason why they got busted which isn't because they are stealing power. There's a ton of people doing this stuff, i see 50lb moved through the city every week and this is only from one guy imagine how many other suppliers there are in your city. So lets stop jumping to conclusion and teach ourselves, focus back to the real task "Don't get caught".

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
guest2222999 said:
I disagree big juice stealers busted left and right.

However I wouldn't
do it because it gives another agency or group incentive to nail you and the right to kick in your door that much easier

Thanks for clearing that up. Not quite sure it fits your intent.

For one the reports say that the Molson brewery had many tenants between the time it closed and when the operation was busted. There isnt one piece of solid evidence that they operated for longer than the crop they had. I could find any report of the bust indicating they found finished ready to sell material, just lots of plants. There also wasnt any information to indicate how long they had been there.

Secondly I didnt read in any of the reports where it said they were stealing electricity.

twojoints

an anonymous tip? going from what i learnt in my other thread, this guy must have given consent to search? or is it more like i think it is- they can search wether they have a legal right to or not.

Macster2

Verite said:
Thanks for clearing that up. Not quite sure it fits your intent.

For one the reports say that the Molson brewery had many tenants between the time it closed and when the operation was busted. There isnt one piece of solid evidence that they operated for longer than the crop they had. I could find any report of the bust indicating they found finished ready to sell material, just lots of plants. There also wasnt any information to indicate how long they had been there.

Secondly I didnt read in any of the reports where it said they were stealing electricity.

Okay then how about this one

http://www.hightimes.com/ht/news/content.php?bid=908&aid=24

This one was caught(I read in a different paper) because they were stealing so much power they burned out the transformer which had just been upgraded

Last edited:

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
That was a big one. Seems the only long term successful juice stealers were the ones that only did it for a crop or two then moved on before the utility company narrowed in on them.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Verite said:
That was a big one. Seems the only long term successful juice stealers were the ones that only did it for a crop or two then moved on before the utility company narrowed in on them.

Still iffy to me..IMVHO, the only successful "Juice Stealer's"... are Greenhouse Growers--
:headbange

FRANKENBLUNT420

me blunt is like, wicked yo!! owight
Supacalabala said:
With the type of money involved in the equipment alone. Why not spend 100k on solar and wind generators. Yeh sure you wouldn't be able to power everything , but it would be a lot less demand on the power-grid.

yeah i have to agree with this one, if they had all that loot to have a monstrous setup like that then they should have invested some of it into wiring the house with solar panels and transformers. i remember a guy somewhere (either youtube, a magazine, somewhere) that rigged his home with solar panels and had the power company giving him money back!!!

o.g.kushman

i saw this shit on the local news and they did have 70 k watts or at least a huge pile of them. and definately dont trip. there are houses all around this area that are running 20 k plus.

A

Aerokush101

Stealing Electricity, 70 1000's hps, 1 house? DUMB AS HELL!

Happy Growing,
AK101

Latest posts

Latest posts