What's new

17 Year old kids reads paper on legalization at school, and lights a joint halfway..

9Lives

three for playing, three for straying, and three f
Veteran
Bet he'll look back in 10 years and regret it. Makes for a good story, but bad strat. Prints now on record? Is that worth it? Gonna probably take an extra year to finish up high school if they don't let him finish classes where he's at. Which isn't a big deal.. but still...

Bone head move if ya ask me...

^ Exactly the reason MJ is still illegal and same goes for any other injustice..

And FUCK HIS RECORD...It means shit if you work for yourself! Start your own business be your own boss..If you can't do that..well then there's not much to brag about is there ?

stc9357

^ Exactly the reason MJ is still illegal and same goes for any other injustice..

And FUCK HIS RECORD...It means shit if you work for yourself! Start your own business be your own boss..If you can't do that..well then there's not much to brag about is there ?

Well if he had any goals of being a professional aka. a lawyer, doctor, or engineer then it takes a nice amt. of money to have the start off cost for doing it as well as experience in the field. Besides that he isn't really screwed but he caused himself a setback.

NOKUY

Veteran
i had a sociology teacher in HS that would have given that kid the biggest A+ in the world for that....and would have made sure (as best he could) that no one would fuck w/ him.

he was a hippy, the classroom covered in beatles, jimi, led zep, g-dead, posters....big ones. but he wasnt a 'tipoe in the tulips' guy...he was smart and serious most the time, and always encouraged us to stand up for what we believe and he genuinly applauded it from his students even if it was something he didnt believe in.

i was 16...a junior in his class, and we watched 'clockwork orange' in class and discussed it for about 3 weeks....pluss lots of other similar type things.

anyway as for the kid were talking about...mad props man!....i think more doors will open than will close for him.

reminds me of sum rage lyrics:
Word is born
Fight the war, fuck the norm
Now I got no patience
So sick of complacence
With the D- E- F- I- A- N- C- E
The mind of a revolutionary
So clear the lane
The finger to the land of chains
What? The land of the free?
Whoever told you that is your enemy

devilgoob

Veteran
fuck yea NOKUY RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE!!!

this kid wasn't worrying about his future, he is worrying about other people's freedom and some people's fears of the drug.

after he dies, it wont matter much what he did for himself...he impacted the world.

Last edited:

Marcellas

Veteran
respect. we need politicians like this for our future. but if he had the joint hidden in his dreads and obviously wanted to dispose of the evidence why would he have a container with residue on it? things probably wouldve been much easier if they had no evidence on him at all

FarOut1

Shocked at alot of the responses here, just shows how deep the fear from false propaganda reaches.

He's an intelligent guy who obviously doesn't share the same fears as the majority.

A person like himself hardly gives a shit that any school or employer wouldn't enrol or hire him because of this incident.

Somebody like him has core values that would reject education or employment from any entity that would hold prejudice over a person standing for up for what they believe in.

Some people can be ambitious and successful without selling their souls.

The world needs many more people who have the courage to stand up for what they believe in, especially the political sector.

Don't believe he will ever regret taking a stand.

Nothing but Respect for him, his methods and anybody like him...

:rasta: Ohm Nama Shivaya :rasta:

See I disagree with most of you guys. While this is legendary, it was an incredibly stupid move. He didn't think he was going to get caught because he ate the joint at the end of his speech. I guarantee you there was no "residue" on the inside of his cig box or whatever. They just planted it on him. He made the mistake of thinking that the cops would be honest and have nothing on him.

H

h^2 O

if he's convicted he's inelligible for financial aid for....7 years? Shit's twisted.

buddah

Life is one big grow........
Veteran
respect .......may sometimes he will find this thread in a few years....he prob. will he he he i'll light one up for all fighter out there....fight for ur rights......

LOL...yeah...give the kid props.

About 20 years ago I had to do a 5 minute argumentative speech in an english class i took in HS. I gave it on legalizing marijuana...I wasn't smart enough to wait half way through to spark up though. I smoked a fattie by the pay phone outside the school auditorium.

I get in class and get up and start giving my speech and the teach starts tossing out arguments. I was lit up like a fire fly! Freaked out, turned around and gave the rest of my speech while erasing the chalk board! Good thing the teacher was also the theater arts teacher (very liberal) and didn't bust me for it as it was very obvious to everyone else what was going on.

Damn...i miss the freedom of youth :(