What's new

150w HPS Club and Resource Guide......

K

Kelly.

new bulb seems to have fixed it.
the other bulb wasnt even very old...
maybe it got bumped around when i moved???

thanks for the suggestions.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Nice blog read hundos of pages, Im working on box 27inches high by 22inches long and 12inches deep painted it flate white i want to put a 150watter in there but i have hieght constrictions i was thinkin cool tube but im not an eletrician so i dont know if i want to get a security light and convert it but the complete systems seem to big and im concearned about heat build up. any ideas or links plz thanks

GrowBox420, a pc fan blowing on the bulb is all you really need. A cool tube will take as much height away from the grow as a hood. A remote ballast will help you keep temps in check. A small bat wing reflector might help.

Converting a security light is pretty simple. You just extend the wires going to the bulb. Add a ground wire from the ballast housing to the reflector and it's done.

If you want a remote ballast and don't want to mess with the conversion, HTG Supply has a 150w HPS remote ballast, lamp and reflector for ~$80.00 shipped. The reflector probably wouldn't work with your cab but you could custom cut something from the material. You could also get a piece of roof flashing from the hardware store if a custom reflector is necessary.

Make sure you mount the bulb so the element is parallel with the short sides of the cab.

Felix666

Hello 150 club!:wave:

I love this thread, thank you all and very special thanks to Pipedream, you inspired me to grow 150HPS.
Well my english is so worst that I can't write much.

This is my first 150W grow.
album.php

album.php

album.php

album.php

There's some pics in my gallery http://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=10117

Shred42O

panda420, nice stuff man any idea on the weight

and thanks DiscoBiscuit a little bit of training went a long way this run they are way denser then my first/last run
iam hoping i get a 1g a watt ill post the final weight when it finish dryin

KolorBlind

Wow guys great harvests! I agreee with Shred420, lets hear what kinda weight you guys are pulling :)

I just finished up a batch myself. I had 8 Diesel Ryders going in a mini fridge with a single 150w HPS. Used the HPS from seed to harvest on 20/4 (autoflower strain) and went with SOG instead of ScROG due to the high amount of females I got.

Total dry weight = 130.2 Grams (4.65 Ounces)
Grams per watt = 0.868

Not too shabby if I say so myself, especially for my first real HID run. I attached some pics below, but feel free to check my thread out for many many more pics of the whole harvest. I took (probably too many) detailed pics of each plant as they were chopped.

Keep up the good work club! I plan to go with a 12/12 from seed Apollo11 SOG next time around to cut down on the odor. I probably will not grow this strin indoors againf or some time unless I have no other choices, its just too damn STANKY! haha!

Peace
KB

Shred42O

damm that zombie virus looks amazing, nice a sugary too

cool panda420 best of luck on a heavy weigh in after

and kolorblind thats a nice harvest! if the stink is a big factor for you i would recommend some northern lights because the ones i have are very low on odor but still pack a nice punch

vintner

Careful, I just had my bullshit meter recalibrated
Veteran
That's some killer lookin smoke DiscoBiscuit! Nice dense buds! Good job Bro :rasta:

GrowBox420

Hey kolorblind how big is ur area? I like the set up and im tryin to keep it small woundering how many plants i could put in me small cab how does that light hold up is it hot in there?

KolorBlind

Hey kolorblind how big is ur area? I like the set up and im tryin to keep it small woundering how many plants i could put in me small cab how does that light hold up is it hot in there?

The floor space is 16.5" deep by 18" wide. The height is 32" from the bottom of the fridge, or 26" from the top of the "hump" in the back. I would say using 2 liters you could easily finish 12 plants, but you would have to rotate them frequently to make sure they all get good lighting.

As far as temps go, my hygrometer never got above 84F and usually sat around 79-80F. I made the mistake, however, of keeping the plant tops 4" from the bulb. Next time I will keep them 6" from it and they should do MUCH better. I just have the light connected to an L shaped bracket that is mounted directly to the top of the fridge to allow for as much space as possible below the bulb.

Ideally, I would like to cut the hump out or bash it in to make the fridge flat on the bottom, but as much work as I put into it to get this far I figured that can wait a while. It took over 4 hours just to scrape the foam out, and Ill never do it again lol.

Peace
KB

KolorBlind

DiscoBiscuit - Damn man, was that grown under a SINGLE 150w HPS? Looks like you oughtta get 2oz off that bad mofo. I cant believe how fat & tall that top cola is, just amazing for a 150w!! +rep for sure!

KB

GrowBox420

Kolorblind, Im working on box 27inches high by 22inches long and 12inches deep area got any advices I have it painted flat white and thats it got any ideas? Such as light ( i was thinking 150watt remote ballast) but then what kind of pots do I use? I liked the size of ur buds and if I could get away with 2liter bottles that would be great, then how do I trim to get the max amount of nug off of them and so they dont get to tall like you said any ideas I would be so thankful, by far the best set up I have seen for what Im tryin to do ty stay high

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
KolorBlind, that plant was just over an ounce. I've got another ZV plant almost as big. I can get 6 of those square pots in the flower box so I'll try harder next time.:D