What's new

110 Watt p-ll Veg dresser

So ... I haven't been so lucky with the other seeds, but I wasn't really able to take the best of care of them. :/

Only two plants are left, one of which looks very bad:

However, the other lady is doing very very well:

Not too sure what happened to cause such a difference between the two. The only thing I can think is stress from rockwool removal.

Any other ideas?

Well thats it for now, I'll be popping some other seeds in the middle of August.

I'm not sure if I'm going to do them in rockwool or in a soilless mix and see if I have more luck with that.

So after a few days of being away, I came back to the girl being in green water!!

Obviously, I was worried, but the only thing I could do was clean everything and try and get it taken care of ...

I'm a little worried cause some of the girls roots turned green, is that something I should worry about or is there anything I can do to help her out?

Here she is from above, as you can see she's burst into new growth:

Here's her thick stem:

She's not doing too poorly, and her stem is doing really well for a plant that isnt more than 5 inches tall at this point.

Thats it for now, have a great day you guys and gals.

someotherguy

Veteran
high man, i'm not a hydro guy, only done DWC
for one grow so i'm definately not expert.

i'd suggest though that in the future when you
are putting the rockwool cubes in the hydroton
filled net pots that you be sure and completely
bury the cubes, leaving them exposed like you
have will allow for algae and sometimes can
lead to damping off at the stem, meaning they
die.

also, with seedlings, if you let the rockwool dry
out too much you will definately stunt growth
if they survive at all, hydro is very unforgiving.

anyway, nice job on the dresser, very clean.

btw, here is a link to a mini-scrubber DIY that
i think will solve your exhaust light-leak as well
as any odors exhausting out the back.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=86726DIY Micro Carbon Filter; Cheap, Easy and Quick.

...and here is a picture to illustrate.

peace, and stay safe, SOG

stankj

Try getting some Krylon Fusion spray paint and spray your tubs
to keep the algae down... Put a strip of tape down the middle before you spray for a water level sight..

or Just tape the tubs up with duck tape

Whatever happened to that last girl?

I'm not sure what happened to your seedlings. You were using distilled PH-adjusted water when they died though you say? That's weird. Perhaps they needed some dissolved solids to continue growing? I mean, you're growing in a completely inert environment. With no nutes and zero dissolved solids in the water, your sprouts have nothing but what was in their seed to grow. Thats fine until they sprout, but I thought you needed to use bubbled tapwater fairly quickly, and then move on to nutes.

Note though, that I've never grown in hydro, just dirt. But I had good success in early vegging with unbubbled, unPH'd tapwater.

attachment.php

I'm about to start a cab similar to your sort of set up, also in DWC. Just waiting on 5 fem'd trainwreck seeds.

Are you planning another run?

i do have another run going, 5 more plantss, they are actually doing really well, I was going to update this anyday now with pics ... so expect that in the upcoming days. I think you all will be pleasantly surprised with whats become of my new girls, at least im quite happy with it.

thanks for the questions 007, hopefully youll see more in a couple days.

well its beenquite a while since i posted here, but i wanted to update you all on the progress. ill let the pics do the talkin

the flowering cab is currently finished and just waiting on the airpump to arrive in the post. ill make a new thread with that info maybe ...

im going to clone both of my bigger ladies in the next week or so for the second time, hopefully with awesome results again.

hope everyones doing well!